roadtripmama
8 posters
AuthorMessage
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 6:14 am

OK guys,

So its time to post back in and fess up!

I fell off the Jillian wagon mid month...was doing great but got my period and started a new job and well...you all know the story..

However....

I did move off my plateau and lost 1.4kg, though not until the 2nd week.

I can now see my biceps and it could be my imagination but I think my thighs have changed shape...a bit more bowed/muscle shaped if that makes sense. I feel stronger...and I can do push-ups without sticking my bum up in the air!!

I am getting back on the wagon tonight...but Ive decided to rotate between Jillian and C25K (walk/jog regime)...I found I was really missing the cardio in the evenings(who knew!)...Yeah I know I probably could do both each day but honestly...I'm not that kind of girl!

I have also found out that the evenings are my weak period for staying on track with healthy eating, and that if I exercise then I dont feel hungry...so its win-win...

I have never ever willfully exercised before in my life so even though I feel a bit sad at my lack of resolve, I'm overall pretty pleased with myself and the discovery of how much better I feel emotionally as well as physically has been pretty revelatory for me. I think for this reason alone I will continue with both the running and the Jillian workouts..aiming for 5 nights a week, but probably happy with 3!!

Tonight is Jillian Night...and oddly, I'm looking forward to it.

Deb

Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 8:42 am

I used to have the taebo videos (yes the old days when we used videos)
i loved then and it was good because with litle kids at home i could do it when it fitted into my day
I have had personal training and he was worse than DR jillian but the benefits payed off and after each session id think WOW i really done that.
Then i blew it and put over 30k back on hence having the sleeve!

Good on you deb and let us know how your going with it
shellyxxxxxx
Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred 369315
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 11:06 am

roadtripmama wrote:
Hi All,

So tonight was my first day at level 1.

So a quick review:

There are 3 circuits each comprising of a cardio exercise (jumping jacks/jump rope/boxing), a strength exercise (push ups/small weights) and a combined weight one with a leg exercise combined with an arm exercise(a bicept curl with a lunge..)

The good news is that you rotate through these pretty quickly. And the whole thing is only 20mins.

Two demonstrators , one with a modified version thankfully but I found that with some exercises of them I had to modify it again. A few of the exercises I couldnt even make it through 30 secs..not that they were that strenuous...more that I am that unfit!!

I have no upper body strength thats for sure! I am sweating buckets! Im out of breath and tired but weirdly exhilirated...this must be the endorphins generated by me thinking I was going to die HA,HA!

I finished it, (hell...I started it) so I'm happy with myself. I had to take a short break in some of the exercises..that's OK, now I know what my baseline is....and Ive got to say...its pretty crappy. Goal No1 will be to finish the level with no breaks and following Anita (the modified exercises). I think this will take a few weeks!

My plan is to try and do this everyday for 30 days. I cant see how if I do this I cant get results....my muscles are humming warmly as I type this.

One big peeve though is that she sometimes covers what good form is halfway through the second rotation!! For this reason its worth watching the DVD first.

Will keep you posted with progress..at end of week 1.

Deb

Good on you Deb, keep us posted as you go along, I'll be reading every post as you improve.
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 8:11 am

I have it on my ummm computer..but I ummm havent started it..ummm I will... I should I should..I need strength training..running isnt enough
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyMon 01 Nov 2010, 12:04 pm

Hi All,

So tonight was my first day at level 1.

So a quick review:

There are 3 circuits each comprising of a cardio exercise (jumping jacks/jump rope/boxing), a strength exercise (push ups/small weights) and a combined weight one with a leg exercise combined with an arm exercise(a bicept curl with a lunge..)

The good news is that you rotate through these pretty quickly. And the whole thing is only 20mins.

Two demonstrators , one with a modified version thankfully but I found that with some exercises of them I had to modify it again. A few of the exercises I couldnt even make it through 30 secs..not that they were that strenuous...more that I am that unfit!!

I have no upper body strength thats for sure! I am sweating buckets! Im out of breath and tired but weirdly exhilirated...this must be the endorphins generated by me thinking I was going to die HA,HA!

I finished it, (hell...I started it) so I'm happy with myself. I had to take a short break in some of the exercises..that's OK, now I know what my baseline is....and Ive got to say...its pretty crappy. Goal No1 will be to finish the level with no breaks and following Anita (the modified exercises). I think this will take a few weeks!

My plan is to try and do this everyday for 30 days. I cant see how if I do this I cant get results....my muscles are humming warmly as I type this.

One big peeve though is that she sometimes covers what good form is halfway through the second rotation!! For this reason its worth watching the DVD first.

Will keep you posted with progress..at end of week 1.

Deb

Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 12:41 am

20 mins is a good length of time. Lemme know how it goes and I might get a copy too.
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 12:25 am

Okay!

I just got the DVD from ebay, (bargain!only $11 plus postage too!) going to give it a go later on and will let you know how it went.

They're only 20 minute workouts, so they shouldn't be too bad. lolololol

Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 8:58 am

I think it's great we are all from different llifestyles and at different stages :), it makes it really interesting!!
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:16 am

Hmmm...I am looking for something a bit more intense to do and this may be it. I will see if I can get a copy of the DVD and let you know soon :)

Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 9:47 pm

I will see if I can find a copy here in NZ and if i can I would be keen.

I actually like Jullian's approach. Her recent show where she worked with families for a week was excellent.
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 1:17 pm

RTM if I was up to it, I'd join you, and I'd LOVE to have her as my trainer, I like being pushed and god knows, Jillian would do that!
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:15 am

I hired the DVD and sussed out the moves...none are too strenuous but are not low intensity, theres lots of good testimonials
online by people who've surprised themselves by committing to doing it and have consequently lost weight...changed their former attitudes to exercise and gotten fit in the process. Many started out obese and unfit.

Low intensity cardio will only get you so far. Its good for your health thats very true...but for weight loss...for me...meh. My mild intensity cardio hasnt done much so I thought I'd ramp it up...

Besides, how do we know what we are capable of unless we try?

Would I want this woman as my personal trainer, no way! On TV she pushes people really hard... . Whilst I agree, its sometimes inhumane, it does however seem to work!

I would also suggest that all of the contestants have had thorough and rigorous stress testing prior to even being on the show. The medical staff involved would be experts in their fields, and probably well aware of what these people's physical limits are. I'd imagine a death is very bad PR for them (probably great for ratings though!).

The DVD's are mild compared to the workouts on the show. Chalk and Cheese in fact. All the moves can
be modified, or scaled down to wherever you are at.

Maybe have a look and then decide...make an informed choice.

If its not your cup of tea, thats OK,no-ones gonna force you to do it.

In the meantime I'll start it and let you know how I get on.

Deb

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 12:40 am

the contestants shouldn't be pushed quite so hard or so far and I think it's not going to be long before they have someone drop dead on the show. I can't help but watch either though!

Now an exercise I saw on TV on foxtel on discovery home and health....... Masala Bhangra, it's a form of indian dance like they do in Bollywood movies, I saw and taped a program as it just looked like so much fun and the moves were simple and easy to follow. Teachers name was Sarina Jain. Google her and the type of dance and have a look.
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptyTue 05 Oct 2010, 10:53 am

Hi Diamonds,

Its a fitness DVD that is geared towards a fairly intense but short 27min work out. The idea is to do it for 30 days straight. It has 3 levels but the first level is no picnic.

Jillian Michaels (from American Biggest Loser) is a nasty woman but she appears to be very effective, from what I can tell the moves are pretty old school and she alternates between several minutes of cardio and strength.

Friend of mine swears by it, and I thought I'd give it a go.

Deb
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
roadtripmama

Female

PostSubject: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 2:20 am

Hi,

As I am beginning to slow down weight loss wise, am about to reach 6 months out, a birthday is looming as well as
an end point for a goal I set myself which is just beginning to slip through my fingers.....

Ive decided to challenge myself with the 30 day shred.

Is anyone out there interesting in joining me?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred   Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred Empty

Back to top Go down

Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred
Page 1 of 1