Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How will I get through the next 51 weeks?

Go down 
+63
Willowgirl
TinaLou
Pineapple
Bumbles
wilkiebarkid
dream4life
rebirth
nezza66
JJW
Kiley
stormyandthunder
GKEL81
MissHollywood23
lin1970
veronica simcoe
gruggy
chereign
Melinda38
Kell
justjed
cyclonestorm
Eringirl
kay63
Jacko84
goldfingerkristi
cocosnuts
Emma1989
Kate
Shazbotzski
JayNay
SloJo
Sylvia41
Lozza (takitaki)
Fraggle
Kylie
gottarhyme
Bellshell
Ryjackmama
gibb100503
Synna
jessied
D'Girlz
gemp285
Janette
prillbaby
Miss Vicki
DBFiveGirl
Ozzieloz
Tempest
lovelyslim
Bamba
sssss
J
shelly25
gkathanasiou
NutMeg
Kazz
kazlikesgreen
realme
butterfly girl
Emily
Peazles
Jaime
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,

I have only JUST taken out PHI last week and it's driving me nuts, knowing that I can't have my sleeve surgery for 12 months.

Are there a lot of you that had to wait this long? How did you cope?

I am going to try Tony Ferguson (again) in the meantime, but every time I try, I don't end up sticking to it.

Woe is me lol How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 595690
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2011, 3:58 am

That's great Synna! :)
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2011, 2:52 am

Just under 5 mths for me now!
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2011, 8:13 am

lovelyslim wrote:
Hey it's almost April How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 446871 ..... Got 6 months and 4 weeks to go How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 369315

take if from me luv, it will be here before you know it!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptySun 20 Mar 2011, 10:52 pm

Hi lovelyslim, exciting isn't it. I just roughly worked out my waiting time and it will be around 5 months and one week :)
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptySun 20 Mar 2011, 1:28 pm

Hey it's almost April How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 446871 ..... Got 6 months and 4 weeks to go How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 369315
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 11:33 am

Hey Kazz! Thank you :) I most definitely will and I will be more active on here also again.

I am calorie counting at the moment ... I am doing the Michelle Bridges 12WBT program and I've lost nearly 6kg in 3 weeks and I'm eating heaps, I love it lol. I still have 21kg to go, to get to the weight for my Dad's Transplant ... I hope to at least achieve that by mid year.

Kazz we are so similar with our PHI waiting times!!
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 11:28 am

So sorry to read of your son's ill health, I can only imagine what a stressful and fearful time it must have been for you. Great news that he is well and truly on the mend now, must be such a relief :)

Heres hoping the next 6 months go quickly for you, let us know how your first apt goes with the surgeon!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 11:25 am

I just found the Surgeon, Ian Michell I am thinking of going with. I vaguely remember reading that it cost someone $3500!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 11:17 am

Hi everyone!! I am so sorry it has taken me this long to come back here! I have had a really rough time since not long after starting this thread.

I will tell you a little bit of what happened ...

So I started my Tony Ferguson shakes last October, like I said I was going to. I was on them for 3 weeks, going so strong, lost 6.5kg and then BAM! My baby got very very sick, was hospitalised and diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease. It took them 6 days to diagnose him though, probably the longest 6 days of my life! He had to have a $10 000 blood product Transfusion (thank god for the free public health system!!). For those that have never heard of Kawasaki's (as I hadn't either) it attacks the major organs, usually the arteries, causing Aneurysms. He has had 3 Echocardiograms and been on Aspirin daily since his diagnosis, but this Friday I make the call which will hopefully give him the all clear! He is now 15 months old and really healthy again :)

Welcome to everyone that has joined in on this thread, it was so good to come back and see that it stayed alive!

Well I only have 6 months to wait for my PHI to kick in! You guys were so right when you said that time will go very fast lol. Next month I am going to get my referral and make my first appointment with the Surgeon!

J wrote:
Like many others have said itll go by so fast in the end you end up starting to worry you dont have enough to time to organize everything..

Im 96 days from PHI kicking in and hoping my surgery will either be that day or that week. Just stay positive reading threads on here keeps you motivated and helps alot.

Where abouts in Melb are you ? Im in Ferntree Gully and am having my sleeve done through Lap Surgery Australia.

Hey J! I am your neighbour, I live in Boronia. Which Surgeon will be doing your Sleeve and what hospital? I need to look over my info again, that I have saved on here. I did choose a Surgeon but I can't remember his name lol.
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 11:57 pm

Yeah, now I have a date time is going slowly (although thats not altogether bad because I need to save more money).

But, I've started having sleeve related dreams. The other night I dreamed I was given a lap bad and was told I had to have it first then get sleeved, but all the people around me (I must assume it was the lovely group here) were telling me no, I could get the sleeve first... weird...

ho hum, another week down!
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 10:44 pm

I am also playing the waiting game, I joined PHI in July 2010 with the intention of getting the sleeve. The last part of last year flew as I did not think about it very much.

But this year once I got my surgery date (25th July 2011) I feel like it is going so slowly. I am dreaming about it!
I get s disapointed when I wake up and it is not done.

I had intentions of going on that last diet, that fizzled pretty quickly as now I look at some food and think oh well I won't be eating that after so I may as well have it now.

Anyone else feeling like this?
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 12:27 pm

Yes, there are quite a few of us waiting for PHI! Glad you found this thread :)
Just think of all the wonderful support you, your mum, and sister, will be able to give each other.

What surgeon are you seeing?
Back to top Go down
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 5:29 am

Wow, I thought I was all alone in this damn waiting period...........I signed up for PHI in September to specifically get sleeved. The 5 and a bit months since has FLOWN. I have my initial appointment with my surgeon next month in Adelaide......with my Mum and Sister tagging along as they have decided to get it done, too! They signed up in Jan, so I will beat them to it lol. I have a lot happening between now and September (so much I might even have to put surgery off until October/November :( ) that I know it will go VERY quickly! Still, I want it done NOW!
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 8:37 am

Bamba wrote:
Synna wrote:
I joined PHI in August last year, before I had really decided to go ahead. Now I've only got 5mths to go, and have booked my surgery date! Keeping busy and watching time fly.

Hey Synna, I am also getting done in August. What date are you getting done on?

Nic

Hi Bamba, August 22 is the big day, with Dr Taylor :) What's your day?

edit: Just saw your date in your signature, lol
Back to top Go down
Bamba
Part of the furniture
Bamba

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2010-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 8:59 pm

Synna wrote:
I joined PHI in August last year, before I had really decided to go ahead. Now I've only got 5mths to go, and have booked my surgery date! Keeping busy and watching time fly.

Hey Synna, I am also getting done in August. What date are you getting done on?

Nic
Back to top Go down
http://realghoststories.com.au
gibb100503
gibb100503

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: good luck   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 8:47 pm

good luck to all the pre op. sleevers on here, im 3 weeks post op now and its the best thing i have ever done, my only bit of advice would be to try and lose as much weight as poss. before the op. How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 877290 the more weight you lose the safer it will be for you.

take care all, i will be supporting you on the forums.

stew
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsuperobese.co.uk
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 1:10 pm

I'm waiting waiting waiting How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 833240 How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 747673 How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 602625

PHF kicks in 31 Oct 2011 ...having surgery on the 1 NOV 2011
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 4:55 am

Since joining PHI at the beginning of last October, the time has gone rather quickly for me. Almost halfway there. Almost!
Some days are harder than others, as I just want to get things moving along. I know how much better I'll feel once the weight starts coming off, and Im eager for my new life to start!
Back to top Go down
DBFiveGirl
DBFiveGirl

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2011, 9:15 am

Ok. Have to admit am getting a wee bit impatient now:(...last consult with the surgeon is coming up on 14 March - if they try and move my appointment I swear I will have kittens! So about 11 weeks to go until PHI kicks in. Am hoping I'll come away from the consult in March with a surgery date for mid May. Arrrgh!
Back to top Go down
http://absolutelygutless.blogspot.com/
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011, 12:50 pm

Welcome to the waiting thread, lol.

This forum is a great way to get info, read others' experiences, and while away the 12 months..... :)
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011, 10:50 am

Hi, I am also waiting for PHI to be valid in December 2011. Difficult to wait and to get motivated. Great to read of others also waiting. How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 747673
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptySat 29 Jan 2011, 1:16 pm

Tell me about it! I got so used to waiting that I almost fell off my chair when I noticed on my ticker today that I have about 7 weeks to go!!
WTF!!!!! I cant believe how quick it is comming around.

How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 878453 How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 878453 How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 878453 How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 878453 How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 878453
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011, 1:13 pm

Me Tooooooooooooooooooooooooo How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 68366 waiting to be Sleeved..... Can't wait ...My PHI kicks in end of Oct 2011..... Will be having surgery 1St NOV 2011 ...

Meanwhile i'm frighting the bulge hehehehehehehehehehehehehe and trying NOT to overeat ...... How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 833240

Current weight 114kilos (164cm)
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptySat 22 Jan 2011, 11:57 pm

J and D'Girlz, wow exciting times for you both, not long til you are sleeved! Will be eagerly following your journeys :) Wishing you both a speedy recovery xx

DBFiveGirl, May is not that far away....by the time you have the tests, and other apts...it will fly by. Hope you get the date you want xx
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 EmptySat 22 Jan 2011, 12:28 pm

Hello fellow pre sleevers!
I applied for PHI in Feb 2010 for the specific reason of getting the sleeve done. I am booked for the 15th Feb 2011.
It is a long and frustrating wait, but the time does go quite quickly.
I hope you all have a speedy 12 months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

How will I get through the next 51 weeks?
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: