AuthorMessage
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

How long were you on clear liquids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 4:24 am

Sounds like you will be a losing in chunks girl Kat. I hope you see the scales move soon and you can try some mussies soon. Perhaps the weightloss has stalled because of lack of protein and food.

Well Duh! I went back and read my post surgical instructions and it is clear fluids for 3-4 days not a week! Ha my mind is running away with itself again! How long were you on clear liquids? 796297
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 3:46 am

Oh, don't worry - a lot of us have had that for about 2-3 weeks, and then it starts again for no apparent reason.
You'll be okay!
Chris
Back to top Go down
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 3:45 am

it wouldnt feel so bad if i had actually lost some weight the last 2 weeks !!! arrgghh i think my body has gone into starvation mode so i am plateauing or something....
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 3:29 am

Sorry you're still having problems, kittycat.
I hope you're feeling better soon, and on to some puree!
Chris
Back to top Go down
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 2:49 am

I had to go on clear liquids for 2 days pre-op , that just about killed me off as broth is disgusting...and then cause i had surgical complication i was on them for 4 days post-op then diluted optifast which im still on nearly 3 weeks later (oh and lattes too -lol).
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyThu 28 Aug 2008, 8:56 am

Well that just doesn't seem fair! I hope you guys are right about me not wanting anything. :[img]http://sm
Back to top Go down
maddocker
maddocker

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyThu 28 Aug 2008, 3:54 am

1 meal for me... How long were you on clear liquids? 120705 And that was only because I had already ordered it ,by the time it came I was on nourishing... I had chicken broth..... Soup is like the packet chicken noodle minus the noodles.... I think there are a few sort of clear soups you can buy..... Hairul puts you on nourishing as soon as the the results come back from the cat scan you have 24 hours after surgery. He does a cat scan to make sure there are no leaks and every thing is honky dory...
How long were you on clear liquids? 63412
Donna
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 9:55 pm

Hi Cinni
I was told clear fluids for 2 days then on to nourishing.
But I had a bit of a problem (don't forget I had the HH repair too), so went back to clear fluids and stayed on them for the best part of a week.
Apart from wanting to taste something different, it didn't worry me very much. I really didn't feel like eating at all anyway.
Well, I had head hunger, but not tummy hunger, and I was able to deal with it.
I just keep on telling myself, when I can't eat something, that it's just for a little while and once I'm healed, everything will be good again.
Chris
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 1:15 pm

i only had clear fluids for 48 hours, was onnly supposed to be for 24 hrs after op but the dr forgot to tell the nurses that i could progress on to full fluids. Then i was on full fluids for 2 weeks.
But like BB said you will not want anything much in the first week anyway.
Nicole
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 9:41 am

I would not worry, you really wont be wanting very much the first week!
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 9:25 am

It depends on your surgeon. Epari made it 1 week *LOL* choices are clear broth, as in chicken or beef or vegtable stock. make it the clear not cloudy stuff. Same goes for apple juice, the clear not cloudy stuff. Cordial is allowed as is black tea or cofee, her herbal tea's. I LOVE pepermint tea, do not worry if you are not a tea fan as it tastes nothing like tea at all, more like pepermint lollies so very refreshing and tastes fine as it goes cold as well.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female

PostSubject: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 8:54 am

How long were you on clear liquids?

I have been told a week. :[img]http://sm I thought it was only three days. I looked in the liquid stage recipe post but there doesn't seem to be much variety for the clear liquids.

What soups did you use?

Cinni
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long were you on clear liquids?   How long were you on clear liquids? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long were you on clear liquids?
Page 1 of 1