margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Confused about what to submit where.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 11:15 pm

I paid $9033 for my sleeve did nt have private insurance then and only got $250 back from Medicare
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 11:12 pm

Wait until its all paid I d say money from Medicare goes into your bank next day , if you fill in two way form you just pay balance to anesthetist that s what happened with my gallbladder bill
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 11:00 pm

I just had TT/Breast Reduction.

Took my receipts to Medicare - money was in the bank straight away, then just waited for cheque from PHI 5 day wait.

Hope this helps

Val
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 12:09 pm

Hi Chantell

If you are self funding, then I would be checking with your surgeon's office to make sure your receipt includes the Medicare item numbers for your op (it should be Medicare Item No. 30511). If it does, then once you are out of hospital you should be able to claim some of the scheduled fee back from Medicare for both your surgeon and your anaesthetist. You cannot submit the claim for the upfront fees until after you have had to procedure done. Just take your receipts into your nearest Medicare office to claim when you are feeling up to it, or download a claim form and post it in.

The scheduled fee is: $849.55 Benefit: 75% = $637.20 (this is the amount you will get back).

As you private health cover has not kicked in yet, you won't be able to claim against this.

FYI all the nurses are great at the Wesley (I've just had my TT and arms done there!)

All the best for the 28th.

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
Dyingtobethin
Dyingtobethin

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 9:32 am

Hi,

I have paid for:

- Surgeon fees

- Anaethatist fees

1) HOW DO I CLAIM ANYTHING BACK?

2) WHERE DO I CLAIM IT FROM

3) WHAT FORMS DO I USE?

4) I AM A SELF FUNDING PATIENT AND MY HEALTH INSURANCE ONLY KICKS IN NEXT DECEMBER SO CAN I STILL GET SOMETHING BACK FROM MY HEALTHFUND (TUH) AND MEDICARE?

5) How much will I roughly get back??

Thank you
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 12:28 am

anyone know what the usual turn around time is for getting your $$ from medicare once you have submitted your 2 way form into medicare by chance?
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 3:27 am

Probably best to pay it all first.

Here is the info on 2 way claiming from Medicare..........

http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/public/claims/twoway.jsp
Back to top Go down
charis
charis

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 1:09 am

Hi,

I have always, ALWAYS been confused over PHI and Medicare.

So I have paid a $2500 deposit to my surgeon. Do I take this to PHI or Medicare, or one then the other? Does it matter which order?

Or do I wait for the final bill?

And same questions for the Anesthetist?

I am with GMHBA.

Thanks!
Mari
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confused about what to submit where..   Confused about what to submit where.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Confused about what to submit where..
Page 1 of 1