4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedda

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptySun 12 May 2013, 11:03 pm

Yeah I use to always drink lots of water, just finding it hard the past 2 weeks. I did have some cordial yesterday and finding it a bit easier to drink so hopefully it will get a lot easier over the next week to drink it. It's definitely not head hunger because sometimes in can be in the middle of the night, I have a odd feeling in my stomach that I am thinking is hunger pains but maybe it is the acid in my stomach doing it. Thank u so much for all the info and advice, really appreciate it
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptySun 12 May 2013, 9:34 am

It takes a little while for all the grehlin to deplete out of your systme... soon it will be all but gone and you should be fine.

It can also be a reaction to the cut nerves in your belly and the swelling that your brain is determining as hunger.

Most of us will suffer this complaint early out.

It is also old brain tapes telling us we are hungry and cravings induced by the sugar in a lot of the drinks we are having at this stage.

Hang in there it will pass and you will be barely thinking about food at all.

I have little to no hunger but still do feel it at times due to lack of water and acid in the belly as mentioned below

I feel insatiable cravings at time brought on by increasing carb intake so rectify it by doing solid protein for 3 days.

Cravings and head hunger will always be an issue and its not true hunger but in time you will learn to tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
scoots266
scoots266

Female
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-11-27

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptySun 12 May 2013, 9:24 am

you should definitely be drinking some other fluids as well, water or diet cordial if you can't tolerate water, its very important for the general functioning of your body and digestive tract. Also it is not uncommon to feel hungry when you are actually thirsty, which is why a lot of diets tell you to have a glass of water first whenever you feel hungry as you could in fact be thirsty :)
Back to top Go down
Jedda

Female

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptySun 12 May 2013, 9:18 am

Yes i take nexium 40. I haven't been drinking any water or diet cordial or any other fluid during the day either so maybe that's why
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptySun 12 May 2013, 9:04 am

Do you take reflux meds?

Sometimes reflux mimics the hunger feeling.

You may find once you start purees you will be full after a full spoons, and the hunger feelings may also subside.
Back to top Go down
Jedda

Female

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Confused   Confused EmptySun 12 May 2013, 8:02 am

Hi all, I'm 2 weeks post op sleeve on Tuesday and trying to still work a few things out. Does anyone feel hungry sometimes at this stage. I'm having about 250g protein drink for breakfast, 250ml v8 juice for morning tea, 250 protein drink for lunch, 250ml v8 juice for afternoon dinner and soup for dinner and a small vaalia drinking yoghurt for snack. This is most days if I stick to it or other days I might have cuppa tea for snacks instead. I would assume this should be enough fluid to keep me satisfied and some days it is but some days I feel hungry. I think it is hunger feelings anyway. Or maybe it's the days I have cuppa tea instead of the protein shakes that I am hungrier? I don't know what's going on. Also I read that some people feel full on only a few tablespoons of mushed food. After reading that and seeing how much liquid I am having I wonder how only a few tablespoons would fill me. One more thing, to stop eatting once your full, do u feel this feeling Quickly or straight away? Or do u need to stop and start eatting to give yourself enough time to feel the fullness to stop eatting. Sorry about asking stupid questions I just have no idea. I feel fine with eatting 2 weeks after my surgery and really looking forward to starting the pured stage on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Empty

Back to top Go down

Confused
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: