AuthorMessage
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Inner Thighs (eeewww) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Thighs (eeewww)   Inner Thighs (eeewww) EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 7:58 am

i had that horrible saggy inner thigh before i had the sleeve LOL so i have no hope!
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Inner Thighs (eeewww)   Inner Thighs (eeewww) EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 4:46 am

kaysa9 wrote:
or massive buildup of muscles under the stretched skin.

And around the thighs, you have to be careful not to build up muscles out of balance, or you get knee trouble because the muscles have to work in balance to keep the patella (knee cap) in its proper groove. If it jumps the tracks, you get pain and wear.

Granted, the usual problem is that the outer thigh muscles get too strong and the inner thigh muscles too weak, but take it from one who knows, it is possible to have inner thigh muscles that are too big for the skeletal structures with which they have to work, which causes knee bother. (Ditto shoulders, where big traps and poor posture cause tendonitis).

Breaststroke is quite demanding of the inner thighs, but if your hip sockets don't naturally allow your legs to do the balletic "turn out," it can also be quite hard on the joints.

I'm with Kaysa: I'd wait for the skin to shrink as much as it's going to, do sensible things in the gym (I do Pump, but I do it with caution, because of said knees and shoulders), and then think hard about how committed you are to wearing shorts! I mean, excess skin on the inner thighs is something it's possible to camouflage, so that's what I'm going to do.

I'm always consoled by the mental image of a sumo wrestler from behind (saw it live in Tokyo. Burned on the brain). Dude, some of those blokes have lace curtains in there! And unless they wore nappies in public, which they do, no-one would know. So all have have to remember to do is to wear something more substantial.
Back to top Go down
kaysa9
kaysa9

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Inner Thighs (eeewww)   Inner Thighs (eeewww) EmptyWed 02 Jun 2010, 11:43 pm

You cant really exercise away excess skin. I think that with saggy skin on the inner thigh you have three options: Wait for 1.5 years to make the skin retract as much as possible, Plastic Surgery, or massive buildup of muscles under the stretched skin. Some countries pay for Obese peoples plastic surgery, if it gives you health problems like fungus, BO etc.

Still early in my sleeve journey, but I am already showing signs of skin sagging on inner thighs.
Depressing :-(

Good luck. And I hope someone has a wonder cure for this problem.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
LoopyLu

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Inner Thighs (eeewww)   Inner Thighs (eeewww) EmptyWed 02 Jun 2010, 9:04 pm

Oh i am the same so it will be interesting if anyone has a solution.
I am going to get my husbands weights out and start off doing a few things TODAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Inner Thighs (eeewww)   Inner Thighs (eeewww) EmptyTue 01 Jun 2010, 11:25 am

Pump will tone you up! Every song concentrates on a different muscle group, so everything gets a work out. I weigh quite a bit more than you at your heaviest, so please don't think you won't be able to manage it =)
Back to top Go down
twoangels72
twoangels72

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Inner Thighs (eeewww)   Inner Thighs (eeewww) EmptyTue 01 Jun 2010, 11:16 am

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good exercises for the top of the inner thighs? I've been terrible and not exercising at all. I'm sure this is most of my problem. But the tops of my inner thighs are just disgusting..... They are just awful flab. Come to think of it my arms are pretty awful too.
Does anyone know what I mean? Has anyone been able to fix it / tone up this area? Someone suggested swimming but I can't imagine it helping enough.
Anyway, thought I would start a thread and see if anyone has any ideas!
Thanks,
Mel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inner Thighs (eeewww)   Inner Thighs (eeewww) Empty

Back to top Go down

Inner Thighs (eeewww)
Page 1 of 1