25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bella84

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 12:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Its been 6 days since my op and i am constantly burping! Whilst in hospital I did experience alot of gas pain down below. But the burping is not out of control! It is to the point that if i went in a burping competition i am sure that i would come first!!

Did anyone else experience this post op? and if so how long did it last? As i can not think of anything more embarrasing than going back to work and sounding like a little pig!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bella84

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 2:44 am

Fantastic! Thanks Gail. Will get onto that today and hopfully it will help.

Cheers
Bell
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 2:41 am

Hi,

A couple of the girls absolutely swear by DEGAS from the chemist.
I haven't used it but I tend not to burp ever I just swallow it and fart LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
kmsbj
kmsbj

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 1:37 am

Oh how i wish i could... not sure why but since having my op i struggle to burp. I like many of you am finding i am swallowing increased amounts of air but since having my op i cannot "burp". Hard to explain really but its like i know there is gas there that needs to come out but when i try to burp nothing happens, resulting in pain and discomfort. :( wish i had your issue.
Back to top Go down
Bella84

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 12:25 am

haha- Love it! Entertaining the family. My nephews were wanting a burp off with me yesterday. Ohhh dear :)
Back to top Go down
karlin

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 10:57 am

lol do you burp out songs Kaysa...sorry I was giggling thinking of you entertaining the family lol

I am so glad to know its not because I am sculling my liquid meals and that I am not alone with the dreaded 'Burp bagpipes' Pierced
Back to top Go down
kaysa9
kaysa9

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Burpring   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 10:10 am

I am 10 days out and burping whenever i drink. Entertaining the whole family Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 2329
Back to top Go down
Bella84

Female

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 9:04 am

well im glad im not the only one then!
Fingers crossed that it stops some time soon. Perhaps I will check with the Dr. on my next check up.

If anyone comes up with remedies i would looooove to hear it!
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 7:14 am

I use to joke how now water could make me burp like I had guzzled a gallon of diet coke. Know this will get better over time tho most people tend to stay way more burp prone than before surgery. I do froathy burps from diet coke.

Why this happens I guess less room so up it comes . I guess we are very careful and chew like crazy and take in more air. but as I said a guess, it never bothered me to ask why. tho to start with my burps tasted like manderines and I did mention that to my surgeon. his answer was a laugh and said just call it a bonus hehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
karlin

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 6:45 am

Hi I am also burping constantly. It started in hospital on the second day when I was only sipping water and it hasnt stopped. So not too sure myself on the burping issue.
Back to top Go down
mkmorris

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 12:37 am

I am only 3 days postop now but I have been burping alot, every time I take a sip of anything, I have to burp. Hope it gets better.
Back to top Go down
Bella84

Female

PostSubject: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 12:00 am

Its been 6 days since my op and i am constantly burping! Whilst in hospital I did experience alot of gas pain down below. But the burping is not out of control! It is to the point that if i went in a burping competition i am sure that i would come first!!

Did anyone else experience this post op? and if so how long did it last? As i can not think of anything more embarrasing than going back to work and sounding like a little pig!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burrrrrrping!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: