Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheeky_chooky2

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-06-02

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014, 7:49 am

I'm 7 days post op and I burp after I eat or drink to, I think that there is air trapped down the bottom of our sleeve is so small and narrow now the air has to come through to food to get out so that makes the noises and burping, esp if I take a big sip by accident
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyTue 19 Oct 2010, 12:20 pm

I was burping right from day one. It hurt and I would burp even if I just had a sip pf water. And it was more like belching. Anyway, its settled down heaps, dosent hurt any more and I dont even really notice it.
So, dont worry..it gets better!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 10:07 am

Hey Happy,

I've never been a burper before, but after my op I was burping like Homer Simpson, LOL. It has slowed down a lot, but do I still burp a fair bit, and when I do, they are not very ladylike :-)

- Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
Happy:)
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 11:47 pm

Mapmar - No, I don't eat and drink at the same time. It happens when I do either though. I could take a little sip of drink and off I burp for up to 5 long minutes. Or I could eat something small and the same thing happens.

When does burping actually slow down? I'm hoping that it's just my stomach being swollen from the op and little room down there. Maybe when my swelling decreases, so will the burping . . .
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 1:40 pm

I don't burp but if I've let my tummy go too long without food, then I eat, I get very odd and LOUD gurgles. A few times the guys I work with thought I burped and that was embarrassing!
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 10:01 am

Happy:) wrote:
I am just over 4 weeks post op. I have had a number of hiccups along the way including muscular strain, oral thrush and trapped gas. It's been a roller-coaster. However, all the above can be treated with meds. What about burping? Does it ever stop????? Every time I sip a drink or take the tiniest bite, the burping starts. How embarrassing! What if I attend a party in the future? Am I going to have to run into another room after every drink or bite of food?

Burrrrrrping! 697586

ditto re burping!!!!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 7:50 am

Are you eating and drinking at the same time? I get lots of burping if I do, so I can't drink after I start eating!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 7:06 am

LOL. Yes it does stop.
Back to top Go down
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Does the burping ever stop?????   Burrrrrrping! EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 6:55 am

I am just over 4 weeks post op. I have had a number of hiccups along the way including muscular strain, oral thrush and trapped gas. It's been a roller-coaster. However, all the above can be treated with meds. What about burping? Does it ever stop????? Every time I sip a drink or take the tiniest bite, the burping starts. How embarrassing! What if I attend a party in the future? Am I going to have to run into another room after every drink or bite of food?

Burrrrrrping! 697586
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySat 31 Jul 2010, 1:35 pm

AliKat, it's a theory that I'm going with too. My sign of fullness is greatly increased gurgling.
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

Nope, not alone!

I only had my surgery ten days ago and over the past few days I noticed I started to gurgle and burp.  My husband is worried I am leaking but I am thinking that the gurgling for me,  might have something to do with getting full ... I was wondering if it was the last little bit is space/air making room for fluid etc ...

Just my strange little theory ... I have too much time in my hands!

Cheers,

Alison.
Back to top Go down
Manzie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 878
Registration date : 2010-05-23

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 7:04 am

Haha - I suffer from the Monster in the stomach/throat too!

I was in a meeting with 6 others about 2 weeks back, and my Monster was particularly vocal. I didn't know the other 6 that well, so it was pretty embarrassing when 1/2 way through the meeting someone asked me if I was OK! (As everyone could hear it!)

I just apologized and turned a bright shade of red, and made an awkward joke about being hungry (or something lame).

Have to say - much less embarrassing than being really fat though!
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:13 am

You know I read this thread the other day and thought no that isn't me but since reading I have noticed that I DO make weird noises when something isn't quite liquid enough... like gurgling! (Its only been 11 days since my sleeve surgery)

Plus I burp and fart like a trooper, my husband thinks its funny, because I never really did it before and also give him grief about him doing it (better out than in he always says) and now I can compete with him ...LOL fart
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 7:48 am

I fart like an old man. Especially if I've had an Opti for breakfast, it's a wonder I don't take off like a jet engine. The gurgling can vary, I haven't put my finger on what causes it to be worse than other times but I find it entertaining. You are definitely not alone!
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:45 am

Hate to tell you this, but the gurgling is pretty normal and may last a while - for me, it was many months. However others haven't had this problem at all, and for some it's just been a few weeks.
I'd just laugh when it happens, and explain that you've had surgery and it's a side-effect and beg your friend's indulgence. As for the wind, I hope the de-gas works. Didn't for me, but I've always been a bag of wind!
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 11:48 am

D'oh! You know, when someone else posts a question I generally have a good idea of the answer, but when I'm deep in the middle of it I forget the simplest things! Of course DeGas - I've got two boxes that I bought before surgery. I'll give them a go.
I am on reflux meds - they don't quite keep it under control though. Luckily my GP gave me sample boxes of three different meds, so I'll see which ones like my body more. But I have to say, even the times I haven't had reflux I've had heaps of gurgling! I sound like a blocked drain!
Back to top Go down
Alipetunia
Alipetunia

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 11:23 am

Will be watching this thread with vested interest!!!
Alison xx
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 11:20 am

No you are not!!! Sometimes eating and drinking soon afterwards causes gurgling.... are you on reflux medication? with the end stuff, ?degas tablets!
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 8:37 am

Lol - obviously I'm the only embarrassing person here... let me just go hide Burrrrrrping! 796297
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Gurgling, burping and farting   Burrrrrrping! EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 6:51 am

Well, tomorrow is the day I start back at work after my sleeve surgery. It's been 3.5 weeks, and I guess there are one or three issues that haven't bothered me too much because I've been cloistered away at home.

Gurgling in the throat - this happens ALWAYS after eating or drinking anything, and is very loud and completely obvious (and highly embarrassing!!). Short of depriving myself of fluid or food all day, any suggestions for me? By the way, although I do get a meal break I have to take it with my work partner. We stay Very Close to each other the whole way through a shift (except when we're in the loo!). So I can't even leave (even to another room) for half an hour to eat and gurgle then.

Gas - up and down! Okay, this has never been a big issue for me before. The down gas I still have control over, but happens a LOT MORE!! The burping I have less control over. If I try to hold on to it I vomit. If I try to keep it quiet I have to fight vomiting. Anyone got any suggestions for this?

Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySat 22 May 2010, 11:51 am

Hey Honey bee, I just read that you had a large hernia and diaphram repair done as well. Ask your surgeon if he put any internal stitches in the muscle as that causes a lot of pain until they dissolve. I was also drip fed for 4 days. (I actually put on 4 kilos in hospital!) Make sure you take your anti reflux meds religiously. Nearly 18mths out and I still take one every morning, and I still sometimes get the rumbolies (as my grandson puts it).

I didn't use degas for my sleeve surgery and got mega shoulder pain. Used it in March after gall bladder surgery and it worked a treat.

hugs and all the best to the newbies!
tracey xx
Back to top Go down
Honey_bee

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptySat 22 May 2010, 8:33 am

ah this is so reassuring.
Im day 4 post - op and have been burping like a trooper.
When the burping stops, the hic-ups kick in. My chest is so sore!
Back to top Go down
Bella84

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 2:49 am

Hey Ness,
Great to hear from you! But not so great to hear about the pain.
Sounds like there must be alot of stuck up there my love, good idea for you to contact the Dr to get it checked out. That degas may assist too??
I must admit I have slipped a few sleeping tablets to assure me a good nights sleep since i have been home. Naughty I know.

How is the weight loss going? Hopefully it is falling off you :) Keep me updated on how your going. Take care x
Back to top Go down
Ness10

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 12:56 am

Hi Bella, this is your neighbour in hospital ... remeber i was excited about being able to sit in a movie theatre chair without touching the sides. Hows it all going, i am actually struggling with quite a lot of pain in my shoulder every time i breath in or burb, i'm going to call the doctor today as i am really concerned about i havn't been able to sleep for to nights :(
Back to top Go down
Bella84

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 2:44 am

Fantastic! Thanks Gail. Will get onto that today and hopfully it will help.

Cheers
Bell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Burrrrrrping! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burrrrrrping!   Burrrrrrping! Empty

Back to top Go down

Burrrrrrping!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: