Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kilrust

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Melanies(TwoAngels) Zucchini Slice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melanies(TwoAngels) Zucchini Slice   Melanies(TwoAngels) Zucchini Slice EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 11:15 am

I have made this for years and I add frozen mixed vegies and it makes mine more firm and not so eggy like a quiche. I also quite often miss putting the ham/bacon in it as well making it perfect for vegetarians :)

You can also use the mixture to make muffins :)

Ruth :)
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Melanies(TwoAngels) Zucchini Slice Empty
PostSubject: Melanies(TwoAngels) Zucchini Slice   Melanies(TwoAngels) Zucchini Slice EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 5:19 am

twoangels72 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just on this topic, I went through my recipes today and found an old favorite 'Zuccini Slice'. After reading the recipe I realised it was loaded with protein (eggs, bacon) as well as vegetables so I cooked it up tonight and absolutely loved it. So did the kids! And it makes a full baking tray so I've cut it into small sleeve friendly (and kid friendly) serves and put the rest in individual bags in the freezer. That way I can pull them out for an easy dinner, and I'm going to take one to work with me tomorrow for lunch!

Here is the recipe for anyone who is interested:

6 grated zuccini (I used 4 zuccini and 2 carrots - I think you can mix a match any vegies)
1 cup grated cheese
1 chopped onion
1 pack of bacon
6 eggs
1 cup SR flour
1/4 cup oil
salt & pepper

Simply put it all into a bowl and mix well. Place into a baking tray and bake for 35 mins @ 180 degrees or until slightly brown on top. Let it sit for a while before cutting and serving.

If anyone else tries it I'd love to hear if you like it...

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down

Melanies(TwoAngels) Zucchini Slice
Page 1 of 1