3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bibliophile
Bibliophile

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Three months post-surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three months post-surgery   Three months post-surgery EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 2:25 am

Zoe,

We have similiar stories. I have tried every sensible diet out there. I reached my goal on Weight Watchers twice. But I could not maintain the lost and would regain all the weight plus extra. I am very pleased with my decision to have weight loss surgery. This time, I am confident that I will keep the weight off.

Good luck to you. Let me know how things work out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hello, Bibliophile   Three months post-surgery EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 5:43 am

Hello, Bibliophile.

I started exploring WLS early in 2010 and will have surgery in Idaho on May 10. I have done Diet Center, Atkins, Scarsdale and WW, lost on all and gained plus afterwards. Time to get off the yoyo! All the sources I read keep repeating that for the vast majority of people WLS is the only long term success story for maintaining weight loss. I started at 35 BMI and am down to 32.9 right now (doctor has a requirement that one lose 10% of weight before surgery.) He even joked today and asked if I still want the operation, and my reply is that whenever I go off a diet plan I gain twice or thrice as fast and as much as I lose. At WW I had a lovely leader who said at the end of the meeting, 'We'll see less of you next week', and while I stayed on the plan that was great, but life intervenes, and I cannot spend the rest of my life on a 'diet'. I can spend the rest of my life eating less and getting in protein first, which is what I look for in this surgery.

I do think the WW idea of steady and slow is right, and as they also said at WW, that's XXXlbs gone forever. While I am living proof that the lbs were not gone forever, I think you are now on that road, and your 42 lbs is a huge amount. I only buy 10 lb turkeys for Thanksgiving (small family) and that bird takes up all the freezer and lots of the fridge after the meal. Think of four of them, off you back, knees and gut - that is a lot!

Best,

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Three months post-surgery   Three months post-surgery EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 10:36 pm

Congratulations, thats 19 kgs! Three months post-surgery 446871 Three months post-surgery 542174

I lost 14.5 kgs in the first 3 months, happy with that.
I had a 20 kgs head start before surgery, started my journey early. Three months post-surgery 120705
Back to top Go down
Bibliophile
Bibliophile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Three months post-surgery   Three months post-surgery EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 8:10 pm

Hey Zoe,

I haven't seen you on this site before. Thank you for helping me keep things in perspective. In all of the 1,000 diets I have been on in my life, I have NEVER lost three pounds a week. And just think, this time it will stay off! WOW!

So, what's your story?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Great Work   Three months post-surgery EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 5:32 pm

Hi, Bibliophile.

42 bs in three months is 14 lbs a month and more than 3 lbs a week, which is great. (I also think in lbs.) Factor in that you had to get past the three-week stall as well. I hope I do as well as you.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
renee3012
renee3012

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Three months post-surgery   Three months post-surgery EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 10:55 am

Congrats on your weight loss! I am just over two months post sleeve and have only lost about 12.5kgs (not sure what that is in pounds). I am cool about my weight loss being a bit slow as I only had about 25kgs to lose all up but I am so happy once I get to my goal I won't put that weight back on! I still have people saying I should have just lost it by diet and excercise but I know I would spend the rest of my life yoyo dieting. I am still finding some foods difficult mostly potato thing and chips (shouldn't be eating them anyway) and still can't stomach my cups of tea which I miss but apart from that I eat pretty much everything without a problem.

Good luck with your future weight loss, I look foward to hearing how you go. Take care x x x
Back to top Go down
Bibliophile
Bibliophile

Female

PostSubject: Three months post-surgery   Three months post-surgery EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 9:29 pm

I am going in for my three month check-up tomorrow. I've lost 42 pounds. I expected to lose weight faster, but 42 pounds in three months is much more than I have ever lost in the past. I am still learning how much, or little I can eat. I am moving out of the plus sizes and am very happy that I decided to have the surgery. Thank you to the people who answsers my questions, shared their experiences, and gave me advice in the early days. Well, I guess I'm still in the early days...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three months post-surgery   Three months post-surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Three months post-surgery
Page 1 of 1