LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2008, 12:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Does anyone crave sweets and salty foods still after getting the sleeve. I hear that you are less hungery, but I was wondering if your cravings have slowed downed or stopped?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 8:58 am

I actually thought that was a joke.... about sucking drinks through Tim Tams. I've never heard of it before.

steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 8:54 am

Oh, you guys make me laugh!
I love tim tams, but never learned to suck anything through them myself - tried it once and failed miserably, but still love to crunch them. Well, I used to - haven't had one in months, though!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 8:19 am

Wasa??? Sounds like a cricket ground to me. hehe

Tim Tams yuck, and I will admit to not being a 'real' Australian, that would be because I am a Kiwi. Now don't get me started on Kiwi choccy biccies mmmm. Toffee pops, Squiggles and Mallowpuffs.

Asnewme a Kiwi is a New Zealander or a rare and thourougly gorgeous 'bird' from New Zealand. Cravings - Page 2 2329
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 6:55 am

What the heck is a WASA??????
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Tim tams and cruskits   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 6:53 am

Tim tams- cruskits-

Who ever heard of a tim tam- or even a cruskit until I started hanging out here.

Anyone know if a WASA is the same as a cruskit
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 6:00 am

Tim Tams rule! I reckon their the best, biscuit, choc cream, then chocolate! Mmm and if you bite off both ends and suck milk through it, it takes even better hahah! All this talk of them makes me want one so bad! But I shall stay away from them lol
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 5:44 am

Then nor am I Captain. I hate tim tams.

steph
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 5:02 am

I used to love sucking milk through a tim tam...mmm But things like that don't really interest me anymore. I do get hungry still though, but it goes away after one or two mouth fulls! yay

Bee
Back to top Go down
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture
Donna-lee

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Aug 2008, 3:58 am

Oh Captain "tim tam" are the most disgusting food every and i could not even begin to imagine why one would suck decent coffee through one yuk! yuk! yuk! Cravings - Page 2 32773

Donna-lee
Back to top Go down
sallyanne
sallyanne

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Aug 2008, 1:20 pm

thanks nicolev

but surgeon told me cant have cruskits til next week boo hoo

oh well only 5 sleeps til then
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Aug 2008, 1:18 pm

sallyann,
A suggestion that was made on here to me for the mushie stage was cruskits....weird huh, but they almost melt in your mouth and you get to crunch something. I also really missed chewing in the first few weeks.
So i tried the cruskits with some cheeseand chives phily cheese spead on them and they went down really well, i must say alot better than some of the mushy stuff.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Aug 2008, 10:20 am

I find the diet trifle or diet rice custard a god send as they are 150grams and about 70calories give or take 10 and fill you up. when full you tend not to crave as much. Even tho I never feel actual hunger feeling stuffed takes away that hmmmmmmm what shall I pick at demon that of course none of you have hey hehehehe.

Oh a big warning here for anybody who has not had surgery yet, chewing that gum once you start your fast as in water only before surgery is a huge no no as it produces stomach acid which is not good to have in your stomach when you get knocked out. We had a big warning about it but I gather not everybody is told. I thought about it for Hayley the other day and thought hmmmm that gum might be a bad idea for her.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Aug 2008, 9:26 am

Oh wow - I chew so much gum sometimes that my jaw gets tired - today's like that, actually.
And Mentos have a lovely berry flavoured one out now that's delicious - and sugar free. It really helps when I feel like lollies!
And any gum helps when I just feel that I want to chew into something.
I haven't tried licorice yet though!
Chris
Back to top Go down
sallyanne
sallyanne

Female

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Aug 2008, 8:10 am

cheers for that i will try your suggestions
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Aug 2008, 3:03 am

Sally Anne- Have you considered gum- or a stick of licorice? Otherwise jello with fruit inside it might work well. Also sectioned orange or grapefruit will let you chew but you should probably spit out the membrane rather than swallow it.
Back to top Go down
sallyanne
sallyanne

Female

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Aug 2008, 2:40 am

i am 2 weeks post op the cravings i get are to actually chew something i am 3rd day into vitamised .
Back to top Go down
fatbadak

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Aug 2008, 6:33 am

It's really weird for me coz i don't get cravings per se...mine are more in the mind. Like, I wish i can have such and such ...as opposed to i want such and such. I think it's more the thought of having a different texture and taste in my mouth more than anything else.

i'm 3 weeks out and i don't feel hngry anymore. I know I must eat at certain times (soft proteins, like steamed fish) and my milk formula, but i'm beginning to think eating is such a chore now. It used to be a joy...oh well, 10 kg in 3 weeks isn't that bad i guess.

Rizal.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2008, 9:12 pm

Hi there
I do still get cravings (7 weeks post-op), however I find that they're much easier satisfied now.
Not only is my tiny tummy unable to take lots and lots of food, but it seems that a small amount actually does the job now, where it used to take heaps to make the craving go away.
I usually have chocolate once a week. Like apple, I could go with the family block easily (although I used to have to share with hubby too, usually). Now we split a very small Lindt bar - if we can get the 35g ones, they're perfect - and we have half each. If they don't have those ones, the next smallest size is 110g. I had half of that one day, but it made me feel a bit sick - so the next time, I just had a third. That was okay, but I think I'd have been happier with just a quarter. Unfortunately, my eyes are still much bigger than my belly! LOL
And yes, you do think more about the nutrition value, because there's so little you can have. So you have to be more careful - you just can't have a big snack between meals and still have your nutritious meal afterwards.
Yesterday I went out with my mum and we had morning tea. She had a lemon tart - and I had 1/2 teaspoon of the filling. That was all I needed for a taste, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it was enough to make me stop wanting it. That is really unheard of for me, so I was pretty pleased. In fact, I didn't even notice her eating the rest of it!
Hope this helps.
Chris
Back to top Go down
LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2008, 6:21 pm

Thanks everyone for your upfront and honest answers. I am glad that some of the cravings may be eliminated, and if I decide to indulge on a rare occasion there will not be much room to go too far.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2008, 3:18 pm

Salt cravings to the max for a while but it has nearly gone away again. I did indluge them a bit with sakkatas. 1 row = 100 calories oh and of all thing gnochhi I love how to me that tastes salthy. I have that once a week with char grilled veggie sauce. As for sweet stuff a family block of chocolate is actually a family block now not a one person deal. Even then It is ONLY if I spy something I really want when shopping. I wanted to try the new white chocolate kitkat ones a few weeks ago. Nothing else I can think of has tempted me.

I use to have half a muffin when shopping but I tend to shop 3 or more times a week now so *cough* thought that was a bit excessive. I tried once to eat an entire one and found I coud then not eat lunch *LOL* I do look at cakes in the coffee shop but the reality is DO I want to consume on average 600+ calories for cake and the answer has jsut always come back no. I di not feel deprived and when out to dinner will quiet often split a piece with the male of the species. But the reality is if it is not to die for I tend to stop after 2 fork fulls because I just will not waste calories on something not in the class of heaven. We have plenty of 100 calorie snack size chocolate bars of chip packets in the house if we ever want to indulge. I would say more often than not I would have 1 a day. But there lies the difference 100 calore snack is something I consider acceptable where 600+ for a bit of cake is a big no no. It is like as summer gets here I can bet there will be plenty of baby size cones on my shopping trips, but again at around 100 calories I consider them acceptable. You need to draw a line for yourself of what is and what is not acceptable. Just do NOT leave yourself feeling deprived :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Female
Number of posts : 32

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2008, 2:53 pm

I have to say I don't have any food cravings now - mind you I'm only about 9 weeks out from surgery so maybe they could return - though I really hope not!.
Pam
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2008, 1:19 pm

Unfortunatley they still exist at times along the way, BUT you have the added advantage of not being able to totaly PIG OUT! hence you can exercise some restraint and realise that it's ok to indulge a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cravings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cravings   Cravings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cravings
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next