5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gal
Gal

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Emotional/Anger issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 10:00 pm

Hmm... Im sat here wondering about how the sleeve will affect me now...

I'm a lights on, hands on kind of gal as it is... I hope I don't wear my fella out post op! Emotional/Anger issues 65317

I guess all us emotional eaters must at some point re-educate ourselves on how to cope and deal with them. I suppose I underestimate that. The only time I over eat is when I am alone, thankfully these days it isn't very often but I hate to feel lonely and do know my best friend is the fridge in those events.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to think about that before the sleeve then I will be a little more mentally prepared.

Gal x
Back to top Go down
glittergirl
glittergirl

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:10 am

Thanks Vogue - massages are a good idea, maybe i'll look into that...
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:46 am

Hey I hear ya girl, I have always carried too much weight, so therefore have always been lights out don't touch me kinda girl too, lets just get on with it, but I did however always enjoy it and wondered if it would be better when I'm thin.
Has my attitude changed? no. We both have always enjoyed and got plenty.
Do I feel better about it and am I a little more adventerous? Yes, I AM HAPPY TO LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON.

Don't worry about him, you are doing what is right for you, as you lose weight your confidence and self esteem will build and then you will deal with whatever comes up better and as a strong thin person not a weak fat person. Sorry don't mean to offend.

Max
Back to top Go down
vogue
vogue

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:32 am

Max wrote:
Hey Vogue,

I have a jealous and possesive husband but to my surprise he has been wonderful about it all.
Very supportive and I think even less possessive and jealous. Who know how mens brains work?
My friends keep asking is he worried that I look so hot, but for some reasn it has not been a problem. Maybe it's all the sex he is getting these days!!!!

Max

Well, we all know that, when men a getting plenty of that there fine, nothing seems to bother them hey?! LOL.. This is probably a personal question but since you have lost the weight has your attitude towards that changed which is why he's getting plenty now? ( dont feel you have to answer that...) Since Ive been over weight Im a lights off- dont touch me girl...LOL

Hopefully when I feel better about myself that aspect of our relationship might change if he doesnt kill me or someone else for looking at me 1st LOL Emotional/Anger issues 878453
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:22 am

Hey Vogue,

I have a jealous and possesive husband but to my surprise he has been wonderful about it all.
Very supportive and I think even less possessive and jealous. Who know how mens brains work?
My friends keep asking is he worried that I look so hot, but for some reasn it has not been a problem. Maybe it's all the sex he is getting these days!!!!

Max
Back to top Go down
vogue
vogue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:34 am

glittergirl wrote:
So i started seeing a shrink a few months before surgery, cos i knew getting my head and my body in sync would be a difficult thing to do. I had the op about 10 weeks ago and for the past 4 weeks i've been walking around in one of two manners A) SO angry i wanna scream and punch everyone in the face or B) an emotional mess ready to cry at any moment, feeling sorry for myself and depressed.

My shrink seems to think this is a good thing. Due to the fact that previously i would suppress my sadness, anger, etc with food (i was/am an emotional binger) but now i can't, so she says i'm feeling everything. Apparently i have a lot to be angry about, according to her assessment of my past and it's all coming out. She also says there is a part of me who's trying to sabotage this weight loss, the part of me that made me fat in the first place.

Who ever thought this would be such an emotional journey?? Even thought i had a tiny bit of fore-thought in seeing the shrink in the first place, i really didn't think it would be this full on.

Who else is or has experienced similar things?? Any advice on making it easier? Any advice on who to call when i need to bailed out of jail for smacking someone in the chops??

I forgot to mention- just stay on here, this is where you will get the bulk of your support I reckon.. Emotional/Anger issues 217555
Back to top Go down
vogue
vogue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:32 am

[quote="glittergirl"]So i started seeing a shrink a few months before surgery, cos i knew getting my head and my body in sync would be a difficult thing to do. I had the op about 10 weeks ago and for the past 4 weeks i've been walking around in one of two manners A) SO angry i wanna scream and punch everyone in the face or B) an emotional mess ready to cry at any moment, feeling sorry for myself and depressed.

My shrink seems to think this is a good thing. Due to the fact that previously i would suppress my sadness, anger, etc with food (i was/am an emotional binger) but now i can't, so she says i'm feeling everything. Apparently i have a lot to be angry about, according to her assessment of my past and it's all coming out. She also says there is a part of me who's trying to sabotage this weight loss, the part of me that made me fat in the first place.

Who ever thought this would be such an emotional journey?? Even thought i had a tiny bit of fore-thought in seeing the shrink in the first place, i really didn't think it would be this full on.

Who else is or has experienced similar things?? Any advice on making it easier? Any advice on who to call when i need to bailed out of jail for smacking someone in the chops??[/quot

Hi Glittergirl, sounds like you are on the right track with seeing a professional, keep up your appointments with her & maybe get a regular massage weekly- I find that helps with stress/emotions.. Im being sleeved Monday, Im nervous but not about the op about the side effects my weight loss is going to have on my already jelous & possesive partner! Its going to be a difficult journey I know already :) Emotional/Anger issues 217555
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 1:51 am

I have always been a bit up and down, but that is me...... I do think that good vitamins do make a difference, especially for women.
And maybe stock up on cheap plates and smash them??
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
glittergirl
glittergirl

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 1:30 am

So i started seeing a shrink a few months before surgery, cos i knew getting my head and my body in sync would be a difficult thing to do. I had the op about 10 weeks ago and for the past 4 weeks i've been walking around in one of two manners A) SO angry i wanna scream and punch everyone in the face or B) an emotional mess ready to cry at any moment, feeling sorry for myself and depressed.

Who else is or has experienced similar things?? Any advice on making it easier? Any advice on who to call when i need to bailed out of jail for smacking someone in the chops??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emotional/Anger issues   Emotional/Anger issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Emotional/Anger issues
Page 1 of 1