Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 12:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all to motivate myself to exercise a bit more before I make the decision to have surgery (which one still deciding) I have added an exercise ticker, I'm riding from Perth to Sydney on my exercise bike.

15km down 4126 to go - woo hoo!

Anyone want a race??
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shanna
Sponsor

Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Gearing myself up for the big 2 mile ride   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 2:15 pm

Guess you can tell I really love exercising hunh
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 2:19 pm

AWESOME Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 65317 ! !
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: OKAY- don't all applaud at once   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 12:40 pm

7/30/2008- 1 mile done on the big trip
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: Lord Australia is big   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 5:04 pm

I knew Australia was big- but I guess I just didn't get how big- your idea is very inspirational- I am looking forward to starting my ride tonight. I could have done it this morning but instead I had to stay on this forum typing away.

Did you read about the study where they attached laptops to exercise bikes so that you could type and ride at the same time?

Looky looky- some new smiley faces :[img]http://sm
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 4:52 pm

Hey asnewie,
We have those bikes here. I've got your stock standard bike, but the resistance in a magnet instead of the old chain bike.

The 4141kms might take me a while, I've even got my dad on th trip too :lol!: ! I'd rather your number than mine.

I haven't progressed to Northam yet I had a PT session yesterday with Paul the Assasin (he is trying to kill me) and I'm in recovery. I'm sure my thigh bones are bleeding they are that sore.

But if it doesn't kill me it will only make me skinnier Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 842349 !!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 4:09 pm

Oh, Jezzy, I'm so pleased to hear that someone else had the same problem - like you, I thought it was just me!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: Recliner bike   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 3:18 pm

I have a recliner bike- do they have them there? If you are buying one, try to find one of these- much more comfortable on the tushy, you are leaning back instead of forward so the boobies aren't an issue. Mine is by Lifecycle. Now I just have to remember to put my tush on the bike.
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 10:42 am

I wear Berlei Support Factor 3 (which is the highest) especially when the Nazi PT I have gets me doing step ups - I don't want the girls on the loose knocking me out. I affectionately call him the Assasin because every time I see him I'm sure he's trying to kill me :suspect: .
!
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 10:18 am

chrisbychic wrote:
However I did have a huge problem every night, when I tried to go to sleep, and my huge boobs tried to strangle me. And what's worse is that my several chins joined in!

I thought it was just me!!! :lol!:
On a similar note, I need a good (and I mean very good) sports bra, being as I'm going to begin my life as a born-again gym bunny. Any advice on brands ladies? Now I'm an E rather than a G buying one should be easier, but I've never done any sport, so I've never bought a sports bra before! :lol!:
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 4:03 am

Oh, Hayley, I know exactly what you mean!
Actually, since I never exercised when I was big(ger), I didn't have that problem - as long as I didn't try to run for a bus or something! Did that once, and was very embarrassed :oops:
However I did have a huge problem every night, when I tried to go to sleep, and my huge boobs tried to strangle me. And what's worse is that my several chins joined in!
In fact, that was one of the things that really convinced me to do something drastic!
And now - no more attacks at night! Still have to move them around (pity they can't get out of the way themselves, isn't it?), but no strangling. Yippee!!! :bounce:
Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 3:20 am

I find it really hard to use the bikes in the gym,
my boobs get in the way and I feel like they are trying to get on to my face...
Sorry guys. LOL, its rediculous the amount of money I spend on bras just to have them flung in my face.

Hayley
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 11:56 pm

i use all the different exercise bikes in the gym and i've never had a problem with them supporting me - i don't think 110kg will be an issue. never bought one though... but i'm sure something like the quokka or ebay would sell them cheap - people are always buying these things and then never using them.

LOL asnewme - 300 miles! it's a very long way from perth to sydney - i think it would take up to a week to drive there, let alone cycle!! :)
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 6:16 pm

Argh, this is making me want an exercise bike more and more... Any suggestions on where I could pick one up in Perth cheaply? Although I'd like it to have a distance counter - and be able to support all 110kg of me... am I asking too much? :D
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: Holy crumbbuns Denise -   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 5:21 pm

I was mistakenly sailing along thinking that the conversion factor would make those 4129 kilometers turn into about 300 or so miles. Imagine my dismay when I realized that it was still 2849 miles! However, I am game if you are game- so I will ride on my bike while I watch TV tonight. (Thank goodness you didn't decide to ride to NYC) Have to go to work now and get off this lovely forum.
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 5:19 am

No worries the more the merrier :drunken: !!!!
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female

PostSubject: Hey Denise   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 4:10 am

Sounds like fun- Can I join you? If I can, then I will have to do the conversion to km from miles, but I am sure I can manage that. Let me know since i plan to set out tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 10:59 am

I'm up to 31.02 kms (not even out of perth yet).

I'm hoping to be out of perth by tuesday evening to make camp at Northam.
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 9:12 am

If you're a walker you could walk there. Use the ticker thingo on a pedometer and the ticker should be able to work it out - its 4141km from perth to sydeney :cheers:
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 9:09 am

what a great idea denise....i wish i had an exercise bike to join you
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 9:20 pm

Sorry, Denise, but on my treadmill it would take me forever even to catch up to you now!
I'll see you when you get to the east coast, though! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 12:58 pm

oops 4129 km - what's a few km's between friends
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 12:57 pm

Hi all to motivate myself to exercise a bit more before I make the decision to have surgery (which one still deciding) I have added an exercise ticker, I'm riding from Perth to Sydney on my exercise bike.

15km down 4126 to go - woo hoo!

Anyone want a race??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding from Perth to Sydney   Riding from Perth to Sydney - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Riding from Perth to Sydney
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2