Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 2:30 pm

Good news terri hope it all goes well

hugs Sue
Back to top Go down
Helen64
Helen64

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 7:43 am

Thats great news that you have a diagnosis. Good luck with the endoscopy.
My band is being removed tomorrow. Never thought I would be so excited about goign under the night and a GA.
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 2:48 am

Saw the surgeon my band has slipped, I'm booked in 3.30 on thur for a endocoscopy, he will then decide if he needs to bring forward my band removal op. I kept saying, you don't have that kind of pain without something being wrong. Either way I will be rid of this thing by 2 feb. Terri
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female

PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 5:12 am

I'm with you Issi, not keen on ignoring it for three weeks, I've got an appointment at 3.30 today with Mr T (my surgeon) I need to be sure its not going to interfer with my sleeve op.

I've been struggling with my weight for years now, resulting in diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, depression yarda, yarda. But what really pushed me was watching my mother suffer, she had diabetes, heart disease (4 bypasses) went legally blind, osteo arthiritis and emphasimia, she spent the past few years stuck in her recliner wishing she was dead and then she got nuemonia. I sat with her for 10 days while she struggled to breath, she had an embalism and past away 12 hours later. I have to have the sleeve operation... I cannot spend my life like that. is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? 32773 I really needed to put that out there. I'm not going to be dismissed or put of about it until I'm reassured that everything is ok. Terri
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 11:55 am

My erosion was so far gone that they could easily see it on xray - but most erosions are picked up MUCH sooner than mine was. If your only just starting to have problems they really need to do an endoscopy to confirm it. Good luck... and I had to wait a month after diagnosis to get my band out.... that caused me even more problems. If it is erosion get it out asap! Don't let them make you wait too long.
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female

PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 8:57 am

Thanks Helen and Applesauce

My Dr was checking to see if it had slipped and if there was any other reason for the pain. I hate being told there nothing wrong when I'm in considerable pain! I was concerned about the three week gap between now and my removal op, and that it wasn't checked for erosion!! I would hate to jeopardise my sleeve op or be told you should have come to me sooner. I'm on my way home to Corrigin tomorrow, I will ring my surgeon before I leave (he was sent copies of the tests) and check with him, (if I should be concerned). 21 days to go, wooh hoo!!! Terri
Back to top Go down
Helen64
Helen64

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 5:14 am

An endoscopy or MRI is pretty much the only way real ways to check / see / diagnose a erosion from a lapband.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 3:32 am

I doubt a flop from a full grown adult could dislodge a band. BUT for an erosion not to show up until they are actually in there taking the damn thing out oh yes THAT happens. I know of people who have had ever test going and it shows nothing in the end having it out and at the time of remoal finding it badely eroded into the stomach.

You do tho only have a few weeks to go.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female

PostSubject: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 2:07 am

My grandson flopped across my abdoman, right on top of my band a couple of months ago, I have been having abdo pain ever since, not daily but on average weekly, it took me awhile to to make the conection and then I started to notice that it was often after eating, I was in Denham/Monkey Mia for xmas and had two very severe episodes that lasted all day, causing me to feel the need to breath through the pain (felt like i was in labour). As there is no hospital or Dr there we cut our holiday short and came back to perth, My Dr sent me for the test which came back "no action required". I am booked in to have the band out on 2 feb (3 weeks), but now I'm concerned it may be too late and more damage may occur.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?   is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band? Empty

Back to top Go down

is a ultrasound and xray enough to show erosion in a band?
Page 1 of 1