Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do?   Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do? EmptySun 05 May 2013, 1:10 am

Hi Deb, I had my band removed in March and go back to see my surgeon on the 16 th of May to see if and when I can have the sleeve.
So good luck, there is a heap of information on this site.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do?   Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 11:55 pm

Hiya Deb

Totally agree with Tara................................

Band to Sleeve I did it and after 1 year I am at my goal weight. I absolutely hated the band.

I LOVE MY SLEEVE

Val
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do?   Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 8:57 am

Hiya Deb,

Welcome aboard !

I have just gone band to sleeve this week and my recovery has been a tiny bit tougher than I had anticipated (which I am not loving !) so I can totally understand you being a bit scared of another surgery.

I guess what it comes down to is you could get through a sleeve op (and more importantly the healing) with minimal pain.

The band removal surgery is generally tougher cos they are horrid little blighters that do lots of damage.

There are a few things to consider though.

Would you use the same surgeon ?
Find out how much scarring the band has left in it's wake and how possible a sleeve is.

Maybe there's very little scarring and you have already been through the worst !

What is it they say "Expect the best but plan for the worst".

Anyway I can't really offer any great insight I just wanted to welcome you and wish you all the best with your decision making.

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do?   Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 7:40 am

Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do? 217555there are lots of people on this site whocan let you know aout band to sleeve. if you feel a sleeve would help

ask lots of qs and talk to your surgeon or get a second opinion
Back to top Go down
Debaria
Debaria

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do?   Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 6:18 am

Hi - I have found this forum after much soul searching on the internet - trying to work out what I should do. I was banded 10 years ago and just this year had to have it removed as it had eroded into my stomach. I had no signs that anythings was wrong other than reflux which is relatively normal I believe when you have a band. It was only after doing a gastropathy that it was found that my band had eroded into my stomach. SO out it came. I was ok after the 1st day after surgery and went home. That was when the trouble started - I began to feel sick and quite stressed and was advised to go to hospital where I was admitted. I had developed a nasty infection and had to spend the next week in hospital - which was unpleasant and resulted in opening up my wounds to let the infection drain our (extremely unpleasant). It then took me six weeks to feel ok again. NOW my problem is what to do - I am now thinking about food all the time - I have put on weight - I feel depressed - I am trying Lite n Easy ( but not having much luck). I believe sleeving may be my only option - but I am scared after what I just went through. Everyone is saying just exercise and eat healthy.....that sleeving is too drastic. My BMI is around 33.5 at the moment.
I feel like a bit of a loser.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do?   Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lapband erosion disaster and now what to do?
Page 1 of 1