14 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
Lorraine

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-26

I am Home - finally Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 11:46 pm

Hi Leah,
We were sleeved on the same day,I was doing great...strength increasing everyday,(still having OptiFast) had my 1st outing last Thursday and did a spot of grocery shopping on the way home. The next day I had no energy whatsoever...Saturday the same. I was having a variety of things soup, drinking yoghurt, prune juice,Up & Go, but no OptiFast. This was my problem, I started the day with an Opti today and feel 100%. As much as I want to leave it in the cupboard I really feel I need it. Hope this helps I am Home - finally 696192
Back to top Go down
Tinacton

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 10:48 am

Hi Leah
Dont worry it is normal to feel like you do and everyone is different.I took felt very emotional for a few days when I got home from hospital.I couldnt swallow the tablets and seemed to spend all day sipping sipping and more sipping.I promise you it does get easier I am 17 days post op now and although only eating very small amounts of pureed food the liquid is going down fine also the tablets.You will get stronger every day until it becomes a distant memory as you start to return to normal Good Luck Tina
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009, 11:27 am

Leah

I had the same problem with the vitamins. I took borocca but even that was funny tasting I added a litle cordial to it and that was my water intake.

As for 9kgs I lost 5 in my first week - enjoy it you won;t lose that every week.

As for the blues, things will pick up once you adjust to your new tum and your on normal food
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009, 10:10 am

Hi Leah,
Don't worry about having a sook we all do it. I stayed on one opti a day and haven't had any form of vitamin tablet at all up to date.
The opti has all the vitamins and stuff that you need so I just figured that it was easier and I am nothing if not lazy LOL

Big hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009, 8:14 am

Leah, just go at your own pace. Everyone is very different. I was taking supradyn (like berocca) once I came out from hospital but sometimes I would drink the whole glass and sometimes I would throw half of it away. It would always take me about 30 minutes or more.

I had the blues in hospital I sooked from about day 3. I wasn't in any pain but was just tired I think. I didn't sleep too well in there.

I have found a tablet at the chemist called Iron Melts. They melt in your mouth. I also have found chewable fibre tablets. I have never been able to take tablets (I even used to have trouble getting the contraceptive pill down) so these are great.

If all you can tolerate is yoghurt and jelly then just stick to that until you can tolerate something else. Slowly does it Leah.

I am Home - finally 217555 I am Home - finally 217555 I am Home - finally 217555
Back to top Go down
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009, 2:03 am

hi leah, i am at the exact same stage as u but am on mushie foods now and i have no problems taking tablets as i take my nexium and multivitamin in tablet form, just goes to show how different we all are. i was taking berroca and waiting till the fizz went down but it made me sick so i stuck to tablet form (although my dr had me taking tablets on day 3). just take it nice and slow. just remember to sip sip sip all day and night, my body used to wake me at around 230-3ish for water and i would have a few sips and go back to sleep. felt great...
keep us updated with ur progess I am Home - finally 217555
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 12:04 pm

Hi Leah,
Welcome home and don't worry about being a cry baby.....we all have those sort of days!!
I and I think most were on liquid vitamins till onto semi solids or solids. I took supradyn and others took berocca. You dissolve in a glass of water and wait a little while for the fizz to dissipate.
I also had to take an iron supplement (and still am) which by the time I was able to take tablets I was very sick of the taste.
Sounds like you are doing pretty well. Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing more of your journey!
Cheers,
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
leah
leah

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 11:45 am

Hi All,

I have spoken to Donna74 in hospital and she is doing ok, She has a bit of pain in her tummy under her ribs where the gas is trapped but doing ok.

Ok ME -- I am struggling a bit trying to get all the eating and drinking right, I am feeling really week. I am trying to vary some thing things but seem to he living on jelly and youghurts and flavoured milks (bit) and water, also a little bit of soup - I even had an icy pole tonight but only managed half of that, but I enjoyed it, according to the scales I have lost 9.7k. I am Home - finally 697586

I had a bit of an emotional day today I am Home - finally 68366 a bit of a cry baby I am afraid, but think I am ok now
I am unable to eat the vitamins that I got from the dietician the smell of them makes me sick, I have tried to take them everyway possible, Then my hubby bought some different ones, which I had to break into three pieces as they are horse tablets(lol) as soon as I had it, I was sick, I am going to try and half one in the morning and then the other half in the evening and see how that goes,

Could someone please tell me if they have had similar problems and what else I can do, IS the weight loss too quick?? Not that I want to complain about that mind you

Any way thanks for letting me rant and complain, I am sure things can only get better I am Home - finally 63412
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 9:31 am

Hi Leah,
Welcome home and a big Welcome to the other side WOOO HOOOO

Don't forget to keep up updated.

Big hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 7:52 am

Welcome home Leah.

I'm glad you were also in for a long time, well not glad, but he kept me in for 8 days and I thought that was kind of strange seeing as everyone else was out within 4 days. I think he just likes to be cautious.

The drain removal is the worst isn't it. It's not 'painful' just really, really uncomfortable.

Take it easy and don't push yourself with food or drink. You'll know what your capable of.

I am Home - finally 217555
Back to top Go down
newlifestyle888
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 1:52 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Take Care
Vicky I am Home - finally 314541
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 12:27 am

Glad to here your op went well...

I am Home - finally 217555 I am Home - finally 217555 I am Home - finally 217555

Look after yourself,
Kayleigh.
Back to top Go down
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 12:25 am

hey leah and welcome home,
i was sleeved the same day as u on the gold coast, lucky i was the first on his list so had alot of time to recover, i have the same pains as u and im still trying to figure out if im hungry or i ate to much, im drinking almost a litre of water through out the day tho and if the pain comes back after drinking then it is true hunger pain and i have a little soup or opti and it usually goes away, the only thing i really dont like is the feeling of all the fluid run down my throat and into my tummy, it feels so terrible.
good luck with ur recovery and keep us updated I am Home - finally 446871 I am Home - finally 542174
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 9:26 pm

Welcome Home Leah!!!!
Great re the loss, re the indigestion, my surgeon sent me home on double strength nexium in the morning and double strength Zantac in the evenings, seems to stop that feeling. When I saw him for my post op last month he said I could come off them when I was ready so really it is up to me, not ready yet but am only taking half strength of both now.
keep up the good work and dont rush food wise!
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 8:09 pm

Welcome home......... I am Home - finally 217555
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Mapmar - its coming!   I am Home - finally EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 12:22 pm

Hi

Not long for your day.

Best of luck. I hope it goes as well for you as it has for me.

Happy thoughts
FBS
xx
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 12:16 pm

Welcome home.... I bet you are glad that is it all over and now you can begin a new life! WOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 12:09 pm

Welcome home.

Take it easy

Good luck

FBS
XX singing
Back to top Go down
geminiruby
geminiruby

Female
Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 11:50 am

Welcome home! I am Home - finally 446871

How wonderful that you had no pain....hope I can say the same in three weeks.

Are you sip sip sipping?

Cheers,
Kris I am Home - finally 65317
Back to top Go down
leah
leah

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 11:10 am

Well finally came home today I am Home - finally 120705 , 6 days in hospital, Dr Leong definately likes to keep people in, I had no pain at all from the surgery, the only pain I had was the daily injection for the thinning of the blood, They took out stitches today and the drain, the drain being taken out is the most horrible experience out of it all I think, The tube got stuck so they had to pull it a bit harder, didnt hurt just made me feel sick. Whilst in hospital though I have lost 5 kilos so that is a bonus.

Still trying to get used to the feelings in my tummy, seem to be getting a lot of indigestion, then I started eating a bit and the feeling went away for a while so I an wondering if it hunger pain not indigestion,
Anyone else had these types of feelings, or what are people taking for indigestion, I am definately sipping slowly and I dont eat fast or very much, maybe I am not eating enough for fear of getting to full and being sick,

If anyone has had similar problems please talk with me and let me know, your information would very much be appreciated. I am Home - finally 697586

Its all good though, I am pretty mobile just cannont lean forward to far or to either side too much, I have 6 cuts and 1 hole (where the tube was) all up 13 stitches,

Let the healing and new journey begin, looking forward to it yay I am Home - finally 542174 I am Home - finally 63412
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am Home - finally   I am Home - finally Empty

Back to top Go down

I am Home - finally
Page 1 of 1