Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!!   I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!! EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

Hi crystal blue,

I am having my sleeve through Dr Durmush at the surgery centre in Hurstville. I have never been there but I have read that it is new and nice and the nursing staff is great. My Doctor is a character.

My husband is a doctor himself and was very happy with the confidence and knowledge of Dr Durmush. He had slot of medical questions to ask and was very happy with the answers the my doc replied with.

Hoping that with Xmas an new year that the new two months will fly by, fingers crossed.

How have you been feeling, in regards to pain. Do you have trouble sleeping or moving..

Thanks Malsmum
Back to top Go down
slimdreamer

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!!   I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!! EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 8:32 am

Hi Crystalblue. I had my surgery by Dr France at Ashford Hospital, I live in Adelaide.
On liquids for two weeks post op (anything I can take through a straw) or melts as I'm eating it hehe! Finding it difficult to get enough fluids in ( had about a liter today) and defknitely no where near enough protein! Going to have to work hard at the balancing act thing!
Glad ur doing better. I was told to wait at least 1week post-op before weighing but I couldn't wait that long! Lol! One week ago tomorrow!
Take care xx
Back to top Go down
crystalblue
crystalblue

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: just got home and am finally sleeved   I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!! EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 7:56 am

Hi Malsmum,

thanks for the thoughts :)

you will be suprised just how fast 2 months go!! who and where are you doing your sleeve??

wow slimdreamer you are doing fantastic!

I know what you mean about exciting!! i havent weighed myself since pre op and am kind of scared too cause feel sooooo bloated!! ( hoping that its just the gas or something!)

how is the puree stage going? and just out of interest where did you get your sleeve done and by which Dr?

Take care

xoxo
Back to top Go down
slimdreamer

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!!   I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!! EmptyFri 11 Nov 2011, 7:13 am

Congratulations Crystalblue! So glad all went well for u and ur migrane has subsided! I am home too and apart from the fact that the dreaded nausea fairy is hanging around me, I am doing well. Heres to the future of us getting smaller and smaller! I have gone from 109kgs at my first appointment on the 20th September to 99.6kgs this morning!! Woohhoo!!! So exciting! Take care! Xxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!!   I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!! EmptyFri 11 Nov 2011, 5:03 am

Hi Crystalblue,

Glad to hear you are safe and well. Wish I was in your shoes right now but I have 2 months to wait :-(

Hope the rest of your liquid diet goes well .

Take care

Malsmum
Back to top Go down
crystalblue
crystalblue

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!!   I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!! EmptyFri 11 Nov 2011, 4:16 am

Hi Everyone,

Wow i cant beleive that im am home and well after the sleeving, it goes to show that i should have had more faith in my DR( and what a wonderful surgeon he is). i went in to theatre crying as i still had so many fears of dying and other things and he consoled me until my Aneathetist gently put me to sleep.

When i woke up ,i was back in the ward and had my sleeve and hernia all fixed, the pain was controlled with a pain button , but i was as sore as i expected! i did feel uncomftoble but soon overcame this after pressing the button quite a few times. I walkedto the toilet 4 hrs post op so i was happy about that

day 2 was a bit different as i got a migraine which was shocking and lasted until early hours of this morning, i think that this was the worst part of the whole surgery and recovery!! i usually get headaches but this migraine was ubeleivable after suffering for 22 hrs i was given a pethedine shot and this took the pain away!!! yipeeeee!!

im tolerating my clear broths and water but cant wait till the purees to begin next week

Thanks everyoneone for your well wishes

and good luck to all fellow sleevers

Crystalblue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!!   I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I just got home!! and am finally sleeved!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: