Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 10:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone. I had my gastric sleeve surgery 5 days ago in Wales. UK. I am losing weight already and amazed at lack of appetite. However I am suffering with tummy pain when eating liquids - is this the CO2 or am I eating too much?

So nice to have found a dedicated site

Fatboyslim
X
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Fatboyslim

PostSubject: my waist is smaller   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Nov 2009, 10:12 am

Weigh in

I was 197kgs 4 weeks ago
I was 189Kgs 1 week ago
I am 180kgs today

How is this possible?

Sleeve gastrectomy - hooray!

I feel I could do a marathon run (joking!!) well not yet anyway. maybe in a week or two
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptySat 31 Oct 2009, 11:01 am

WOO HOO!!!! SmileyCentral.com

Love your ticker as well!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptySat 31 Oct 2009, 10:36 am

Hi everyone

I've been to the toilet!!!! Hooray Can't believe I'm sharing my most intimate goings-on with the world, but hey I've just been through a radical procedure!

Pain is soooo much better since sipping became the norm. I am absolutely amazed at the difference in me. I feel so happy and excited. Bought new scales today for home. So will be feedng back weekly weigh in later today.

Thank you

FBS
XXX
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: re; voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptySat 31 Oct 2009, 3:14 am

well done and welcome, hope you feel better soon i am sure you will... and yes this is a wonderful site for any questions , answers and just to talk,, and i hope your voyage is smooth sailing . Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 65317
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 2:55 pm

Good one FBS!!! Keep up the good work! :)
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 2:06 pm

Hi

I've starting sipping and hey presto pain is gone. Feeling quite low yesterday as thought something had gone wrong. Feeling great today as I have found this site with so many folk who have already had sleeve or are awaiting surgery. Hopefully I will be able to help others.

cheers
FBS
XX
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 11:47 pm

Hi fatboySlim,

I was sleeved on Monday of this week (5 days ago also) the biggest help for me was the nursegiving me a medicine measuring cup which is 30mls. I sip on this then out it down, then come back to it. The doc told me as long as I get one down every 20-30 mins I should be fine.
I did have the pain when I tried to drink too much, I have now learnt that the small sips then leave it are the best.

All the best!
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 11:37 pm

Hello and welcome

If you are getting pain you probably need to slow down. Try the sipping through a straw. With the sip sip sip try having a sip, letting it slide down your throat, wait a bit then have another sip. And so on.

This stage doesn't last long altho it can seem like ages before you can have anything more solid but it is better to take it really slow in the first couple of weeks.

Good luck and I agree, start a diary so you can chart your progress. Also read some of the other diaries for hints and tips.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 11:28 pm

Hey there FBS......
Sip,sip,sip is just a small mouthful and let it slide down......I was advised to sip through a straw to help the gasseous feeling settle.....I didn't and it settled by itself after a few days though the noisy tummy takes a few week! If you at all worried about any part of your recovery you should also speak to someone in your care team such as docotr, practise nurse or dietitian, they are there to help as well as all of us on here that is!!
Anyhow welcome and as Caz said start a diary and read all of ours to gain some pointers.
Cheers,
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 11:22 pm

Thanks for replying.

When you say sip sip, how much liquid are we talking, I find that a teaspoon of liquid can hurt - is this normal? How long does it take for the gas to go?

Its fantastic talking to someone who has had this done. I am so excited about losing weight. I feel like my life is just about to begin!

Fatboyslim
XX
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 11:05 pm

Probably because of the volume - you're very early on and should be at the "sip sip sip" stage still.

Keep visiting us - and why don't you start a diary to track your journey.

Welcome
Caz
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 10:49 pm

Hello everyone. I had my gastric sleeve surgery 5 days ago in Wales. UK. I am losing weight already and amazed at lack of appetite. However I am suffering with tummy pain when eating liquids - is this the CO2 or am I eating too much?

So nice to have found a dedicated site

Fatboyslim
X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Voyage to a smaller waist
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: