AuthorMessage
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Voyage to a smaller waist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 11:23 am

Great weight loss. I have slowed to only about 600grams per week so you are doing great. It is a personal journey and every loss is a loss.

As for the food I found that fish was my friend in the first stages. I ate it without mushing and just chewed really well. Never had a problem with it. Then started on chicken and did the same. Lots of chewing and made sure I stopped before I thought I might be full. I didn't really do mushies. Just ate things that were soft and chewed up really well.
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 10:58 am

Thank you everyone!

I realise now that weight loss is weight loss - This is my personal journey!

3kgs loss is better than 1 kg gain!

Anyways, went to first restuarant yesterday with my sister. I don't know if you have frankie and bennys where you are but I chose the battered fish with mash. I removed all the batter - thats a first for me - ate most of the fish and probably a third of the potato. I didnt overdo it, I was very sensible and I felt GREAT!!

Even though I am still on mushies, I find that my little tummy tolerates fish, chicken and turkey without blending. Is this OK? I know that this period is about trials, but I get so worried that I should be following my diet plan to the letter. I am very careful about what I eat and make sure I eat diet mayo or diet salad cream with it and then mush it my mouth before swallowing. This should be ok? shouldn't it?

thank you again Voyage to a smaller waist 65317

FBS
XXX
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySun 15 Nov 2009, 11:09 am

Hi FBS, don't be so hard on yourself...you're doing great and you have all of us cheering you on Voyage to a smaller waist 446871
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 10:07 pm

FBS

3 KGS ???????? thats fabulous and nothing to scoff at. 9kgs is HUUUUGE and a monster weightloss but you cant have a monster all the time. Not to mention that each loss on the scales doesn't necessarily equate to the same in inches.

Chin up and be proud!!!!!!!!!!!

take good care
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 9:20 pm

FBS

You rock - your weight loss is amazing. Don;t get to disheartned with 3 kgs - I would love to lose 3 kgs every week.
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 9:11 pm

please dont feel down, 3kgs - 6.6 pounds is wonderful Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 and the key word is 'LOST' and never to be found again...... i cant wait for the day i can say i have lost too...... well done keep up the good work and stay positive, you are well and truely on the way to the new you.... well done
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: Voyage to a smaller me   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 12:36 pm

Hi everyone

Mixed emotions this week
Voyage to a smaller waist 697586
Struggling as I seem to be craving sweet stuff - bored of yoghurt- want chocolate!!

Only lost 3 kgs as well - is this because of mushy diet and intake increased?

Huge loss can't be good for you

Feeling a bit down Confused

FBS
xx
Back to top Go down
newlifestyle888
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 12:04 am

Super job FBS. I hear you about stomach muscles, I went out clothes shopping yesterday
and woke up today with stomach muscles I didn't know I had.

Take Care
Vicky Voyage to a smaller waist 120705
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySun 08 Nov 2009, 11:31 pm

Well done FBS

The op shops are a great option for shrinking down clothes if you don't want to buy expensive ones - you will need a complete new wardrobe!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: Voyage to a smaller waist (happening!)   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySun 08 Nov 2009, 10:26 pm

OH WOW - Started mushies today. mashed potato, mashed veg and mashed chisken - HEAVEN!!
Voyage to a smaller waist 542174 Voyage to a smaller waist 542174 Voyage to a smaller waist 542174 Voyage to a smaller waist 542174

Did loads of gardening this morning - Absolutely surprised to be able to bend over! Kept telling my wife - "I can bend over - look" - Its funny - its like SOOO exciting!

Sorted out weight - I have been converting from stones and pounds into Kgs and hey I am from pre-decimilisation - KGS are frightening! D'oh

but there we are . Lost 9 kgs this week - Fitting into all my current clothes, methinks I will have to consider a new wardrobe or just some togs to see me through as I shrink.

Hope everyone is OK

FBS
xx kiss
Back to top Go down
happyone
happyone

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyFri 06 Nov 2009, 2:55 am

Thanks FBS, I'm good. Milking it a bit today, kids are in daycare so I am taking it easy, just doing bookwork. I'm still getting my head around when I feel "full". I'm not quite there yet. Experiencing the gurgling though and just taking things slowly. Probably wasn't the best idea to puree soup with chilli in it last night Voyage to a smaller waist 595690
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 11:30 am

I started driving about 1 week after my op

cheers Sue
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 11:22 am

Have a look at my diary. I have in there when I was able to drive and what I ate first few weeks. You are doing really well. What a lovely wife you have making special stuff for you.
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 11:15 am

How are you. I see that you had your surgery 3 days ago - You feeling OK?

FBS
X
Back to top Go down
happyone
happyone

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 11:08 am

Well done FBS. It's great to hear you so positive! Thanks for the reminder too, must get to those recipe pages to see what delightful things I can puree!
Look forward to hearing how you go on Saturday. I'm sure you'll stun them.
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: Voyage to a smaller me   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 11:04 am

I had my staples out yesterday - no problems

Start mushy food in 2 days - Can't wait. Looking forward to potato, egg and cottage cheese.

How blended have these got to be?
I made one of the recipes on post op page - the broccolli, leek and soft cheese recipe yesterday - it was delicious. YUM YUM

I do find that I am sleeping less and not feeling so sleepy. Usually at 4pm I am asleep on my feet,and gagging for 40 winks. Now I am awake all day and if honest -slightly bored.

When can I drive again? The specilaist nurse said a month, but surely I can drive.

Anyway still feeling FANTASTIC and weight is till dropping. Weigh in on Saturday - I am tempted to jump on scales, but I know (from the past) I will become obsessive. So patience man patience

love
FBS
x
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 7:54 pm

WOW how fantastic are you doing....

Congrats Voyage to a smaller waist 446871
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 12:05 pm

Hi Fatboyslim,

isnt it an amazing feeling to go down in sizes and this is only the begining for you it only gets better

Cheers Sue Voyage to a smaller waist 63412
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: The voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 10:13 am

WOW - Had first nights sleep undisturbed by big bad grumbling belly.

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the tremendous feelings of warmth from you all.

I feel like I've come home on this site. Everyone is so generous with their love. It really counts you guys!

So....Had a poo again yesterday wahaayyyy. Feel AMAZING! and I've been signed off from work for 2 months. Can't wait to get out there, kick leaves in the park, walk the beach, rock climb, abseil...well maybe next year for the abseiling (LOL). Staples out in 2 days. My wife is a district nurse, so I get 100% treatment AT HOME!!- Can't wait to get the itchy buggers out!.

Been wearing 5XL t shirts for ages, tried on an old 3XL this morning and it FITS!! - comfortably. I mean I could wear it out and not feel self-conscious. HOW AMAZING is that?

Shannon - GOOD LUCK luvvie. The sleeve will radically change your life forever. GO FOR IT!

My wife made me a tiny trifle yesterday. jelly for the base, (2 TBS), Angel delight (2 TBS), Dream topping (1TBS) - All no added sugar recipes! It was YUMMY!!

lots love
FBS
XX
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 9:13 am

Wow that is awesome. Glad things have settled down. It is quite hard to get your head around how little you need to eat in the first few weeks. If you can do that then you are home and hosed so to speak. Just a hint also, when I started on mushies I took the amount I thought I could eat, 1/2 a cup, then actually halved it. Then ate half later. And really take your time. It might take 1/2 and hour to eat a few spoonfulls.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 9:08 am

Hi Fatboyslim,

Welcome and congratulations on the FANTASTIC WEIGHT LOSS So far.

Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 9:00 am

hi fatboyslim, just want to say you picked an awesome name....oh and congrats on your fantastic progress....I'm still pre-op, hopefully not for much longer. Take care, Shannon
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 6:40 am

WELL DONE so happy for you.... Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 Voyage to a smaller waist 446871
Back to top Go down
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySun 01 Nov 2009, 10:18 am

oh my goodness that is FANTASTIC....
a massive congratualtions and keep on going, im sure that marathon is not to far away now :) Voyage to a smaller waist 878453 Voyage to a smaller waist 446871 Voyage to a smaller waist 217555
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male

PostSubject: my waist is smaller   Voyage to a smaller waist EmptySun 01 Nov 2009, 10:12 am

Weigh in

I was 197kgs 4 weeks ago
I was 189Kgs 1 week ago
I am 180kgs today

How is this possible?

Sleeve gastrectomy - hooray!

I feel I could do a marathon run (joking!!) well not yet anyway. maybe in a week or two
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to a smaller waist   Voyage to a smaller waist Empty

Back to top Go down

Voyage to a smaller waist
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: