Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gutless Wonder
Gutless Wonder

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-10-18

2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 4:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi, nice to find this site. I am in western Australia, and had my sleeve surgery Feb 2007.
Absolutely LOVE it.
I am happy to answer and Q's anyone may have. I forgot all the rules for sleevers about the beginning of the journey, but as for now, I don't have any. Eat what I want when I want and I feel so FREE.
It's just been fantastic. Went from 143 kilos to 79kilos in a year,but felt I was too thin, as I am 5'10, so I ate my way up to 89 kilos with chocolate and hot donuts. Been at this weight now for a year and a half. Its so easy. Never have to be in 'diet' mode of thoughts ever again. Buying clothing is such a joy now. I go with my daughter to the mall and we fit the same size. I used to be a size 22/24, and now I am a 12.
Just LOVING it.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 11:22 am

Thank you for posting. We've been looking for a long termer!!!

I am 6 months out on Tuesday and I am starting to wonder where the weightloss will stop. I am eating crap food and still losing average of 200grams a day! I don't want to go too far down, because already I feel like I look a bit drawn IYKWIM?

I have lost 39kg, and would be happy with another 5 but I don't really want to go much further than that.

Thank you for coming on and offering to answer our questions, being a realtively new surgery its hard to find someone who's done the long haul!!
Back to top Go down
jane1975
Part of the furniture
jane1975

Female
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 11:11 am

hi gutless wonder, thank you for sharing ur great news... for me being a newbie and have days when i think that i will never be able to eat more 6 teaspoons and the damn scales not moving much makes me realise that there is a light in the tunnel.. just need to take it one step at a time and i will arrive at my goal..

jane.... 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 446871
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 9:15 am

Hi Gutless Wonder

Thank you so much for your great post, that is fantastic! Not just because you've achieved the weight loss you wanted but also cuz you are no longer "dieting" - how awesome is that!
Welcome to this great site full of lots of inspirational (and funny!!) people.
cheers, Kat
2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 446871
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 6:23 am

Hi Gutless Wonder....you really are a wonder, how fantastic has your weight loss been! I have yet to be sleeved but with results like yours...I can't wait. Well done! 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 5:20 am

Hi and Welcome Gutless Wonder;

Glad your sleeve has been so good for you .
Ive been sleeved for 16months but havent gotten to goal cause i graze a bit to much at times
but i know il get there wen things are going better for me ;
You have done extremely well on your weight loss congrads

Cheers Sue

2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 63412
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 5:19 am

Hello Gutless Wonder (LOL love the name) and welcome to the forum.

Its fantastic to hear your story and how well you are doing after your sleeve.

2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 446871 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down
Gutless Wonder
Gutless Wonder

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 5:01 am

Hi mapmar & Libby.
My surgery was done when I was 43. I am now 45 and my only regret is I couldn't have done the surgery 20 years ago.
As for what I would eat now- well I just had a late breakfast of one small slice of bacon (free range) and one fried egg (also free range) and a slice of thin toast with lashings of butter, and about half an hour later I had another piece of thin toast with butter and jam. I won't eat anything else for ages now. That will keep me satisfied for a long time. I made some Moroccan lamb casserole last night and will just have some of that again tonight for tea. About 3/4 cup. Maybe eat a banana. Always have 2 swiss multi vitamins every day. I often make myself a fresh vege/friut juice with a cold press juicer in the mornings.

Last edited by Gutless Wonder on Sun 25 Oct 2009, 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 4:49 am

Hello and Welcome Gutless Wonder,

It's great to hear from people who have been sleeved for a long time. I'm glad you have been able to maintain your weight. It gives us newbies great hope. Your weight loss has been fantastic.

So how much would you eat now? Im still on 6 teaspoons per meal and I wonder if i'll ever eat anything substantial again LOL.

2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 4:48 am

Hey Gutless wonder.... welcome to the forum! I am sure there will be plenty of people on here who would love to "pick your brains" of how you went etc....
can I ask who did your surgery back then?
It is lovely to read that you are loving your sleeve!
Back to top Go down
Gutless Wonder
Gutless Wonder

Female

PostSubject: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2009, 4:33 am

Hi, nice to find this site. I am in western Australia, and had my sleeve surgery Feb 2007.
Absolutely LOVE it.
I am happy to answer and Q's anyone may have. I forgot all the rules for sleevers about the beginning of the journey, but as for now, I don't have any. Eat what I want when I want and I feel so FREE.
It's just been fantastic. Went from 143 kilos to 79kilos in a year,but felt I was too thin, as I am 5'10, so I ate my way up to 89 kilos with chocolate and hot donuts. Been at this weight now for a year and a half. Its so easy. Never have to be in 'diet' mode of thoughts ever again. Buying clothing is such a joy now. I go with my daughter to the mall and we fit the same size. I used to be a size 22/24, and now I am a 12.
Just LOVING it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve   2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2 years & 8 months with my gastric sleeve
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2