2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gleni
Gleni

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2017-03-18

6 weeks post surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 weeks post surgery   6 weeks post surgery EmptyWed 28 Jun 2017, 12:09 am

Hi Kelstar,
I was very interested in reading your post as I am about 9 weeks post Sleeve and going well....losing about 500gms to 1kg per week.
My Dietician helped put the ground rules in place ....protein, veg and a tiny amount of carb....in that order. So my usual day is:
Breakfast: 1 Macchiato, 1/3 cup cooked oats(sprinkled tspn raisins,1/2 small banana and a tiny amt of maple syrup)
Lunch: 1-2 whole grain revita with advo, chicken, lettuce and tomato.
Afternoon: a few almonds or half a choc digestive biscuit with coffee.
Dinner: 1/2 palm size of chicken/fish/pork or steak, 1/2 cup of mixed veggies and 1/4-1/2 potato chat(steamed).  Sometimes I have a glass of red wine. And a couple of strawberries for dessert.
Plus lots of water!
I still find that I feel a bit uncomfortable with steak and fatty foods and avoid these. I also avoid bread and pasta most of the time too. Too many carbs are not my friend..ha!
If you don't have a good Dietician...there are a few good books around...I like Sally Johnston's book 'Your complete guide to Nutrition for weight loss surgery '.
I hope this helps!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kelstar21

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-06-27

6 weeks post surgery Empty
PostSubject: 6 weeks post surgery   6 weeks post surgery EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017, 2:12 pm

Hi everyone. I've really been struggling with my diet for the last 3 weeks since not being so diligent with going from liquid to soft to puréed to now normal (if you can call it that). Trying to eat semi normal again and experimenting but feel I always overeat to the point of feeling sick but it's not much that gets me to this point. Starting eating bread and it's just ok but all I ca,n usually manage is half a slice of bread. Haven't tried a steak or other types of meat other than mince. Tried a small tandoori drumstick tonight (in KL for work) and now feel very crook. I've gone off the protein shakes, not eating any fruit or veggies so getting worried I'm not getting enough nutrients. Would appreciate advice.
Back to top Go down

6 weeks post surgery
Page 1 of 1