AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptySat 05 Sep 2009, 10:00 am

Hi Girls,

I am absolutely with you about the parking karma, I always always get a park.
3 years ago I was dropped from work and panicked that I would not find work at my age, a friend said why don't I help you to open a shop like mine. Well the area just had absolutely no shops available ever, went for a walk after work one week later and there was the most fantastic historic building vacant.

I am positive that someone was giving me a nudge in the right direction.
I love going to work now !!!!

Cheers Gail.
Back to top Go down
Mechanic Gurl

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptySat 05 Sep 2009, 9:47 am

I am 6 weeks out of surgery, 1 week after surgery lost 2 kg (was bloated and full a liquid) week 2 lost 7kg now week 6 i'm down 14kg. I snack alot to keep up my energy, walk my dog every night, swim and go to the gym 2-3 times a week. Oh and watch that time of the month.... I have found I put on 700gms just before, so don't get down if that happens!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyThu 13 Aug 2009, 2:04 am

It is totally spooky how small choices can make such a difference to your life, isn't it.

You definitely had a guardian angel there Suz! Pity about Vik though - but good he lived to tell the tale!

Parking Karma is definitely useful too, isn't it!

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyThu 13 Aug 2009, 1:43 am

I know what you are saying Caz - I used to live in the UK (I was there for 16 years and a lot of people think I'm a Pom not a Kiwi) and I used to work in Marble Arch. My daily commute home was to catch 1 tube to Kings Cross, another the Tottenham Hale and then a final train home.

One day, I just didn't want to do it so I did something I never did and caught a bus. It probably saved my life. If I'd stuck to my normal routine I would have been heading down to the tube at Kings Cross at just the time the fire broke out.

I also changed my route back to work to walk down Gloucester Place rather than Baker Street on the day of the Selfridges bomb.

I can always find parking too.

Vik on the other hand got caught up in the Marble Arch bomb (got slammed against a ticket machine) but he's really good at getting the parks next to the trolley park.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyThu 13 Aug 2009, 12:47 am

As for that parking Karma it is so true, my Dad has it, Mum doesn't... at all! But I seem to have it most of the time too... I think you are right though Caz, someone is looking out for you!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:23 pm

This is going to sound like a huge amount of high-level weirdness, but I've always felt that there is someone watching over me. So maybe someone up there DOES really like me (ha ha).

I've had times when I have felt an irresistible urge to drive a different way than I normally would, and then heard of a serious accident on my normal route. I've had times when I was feeling a bit off and would not have normally gone to the doctor, but when I did, found that it was more serious than I thought. I even had a time when I just HAD to go to my girls' school, and when I got there, the school said "thank goodness - they managed to call you did they". They had not called me, but one of my girls had badly cut her leg and needed to go to the hospital.

Oh - and most people will hate me for this - I have parking karma. It doesn't matter where I go, I always find a parking spot. My husband can't believe it!!!

I feel blessed - and happy to share with anyone!
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 12:17 pm

I just hope you realise how lucky you have been Caz. No plateau, constant losses and not having to employ drastic measures. You really have had a dream run. Someone up there must really like you. LOL.

Glad for you but really jealous to be perfectly honest.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 11:35 am

Oh dear - the dreaded plateau - I am yet to meet it. I have had a bit of a slow down, but continued to move down.

I am also one of those people who is living proof of the fact (talked about elsewhere) that you can lose weight without exercise. I haven't added any yet!
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:24 am

caz wrote:
I'd be 'hoping' for 1kg per week, but happy with .5 per week if I were you.

I seem to be averaging around .5 since the big losses early on.

Any loss is good but in the early days I am aiming for an average of 1 kg. I realise as I start losing weight it will slow and of course that dreaded plateau.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:15 am

Good idea about the height thingy. I've added my height to my signature now too.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:10 am

I'd be 'hoping' for 1kg per week, but happy with .5 per week if I were you.

I seem to be averaging around .5 since the big losses early on.
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 4:43 am

Thanks Caz that is great. I am hoping on average to lose 1kg a week.
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 3:51 am

Im 5ft 2in
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 3:50 am

I've added my height - at least I think it is my height. I may have 'shrunk' a little!

My hubby says I'm walking taller now since I've lost weight - which is great.

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 3:45 am

Allieswan you are not alone. I have the fear that I won't lose the weight either but because I sometimes don't eat enough or at the correct time. My habits are so bad that I used to skip breakfast and lunch then have a huge meal to make up for it. (I have stopped doing this and trying hard to keep to 3 meals a day). I always felt I have a good diet. Have cut out all soft drinks, I only drink water, a couple of cups a tea a week and one can of scotch and coke on a Friday night. Meals are normal, takeaway only once per week if that (we live out of town so not convenient like before) so still couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing. Hence waiting for the sleeve. Must be eating too much and the sleeve with enable me to stop when my body has enough. I am not looking for a fast weight loss just for it to never come back again.

Can I also ask when people post their weight loss if they could give their height and starting weight as this can make a difference as I am only 5'1" so am more interesting in people of my height and weight and someone might be 5'9" or 5'11" etc. I can relate to people in my range even though I still love to read about all the success stories.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 3:44 am

Hi girls

I'm glad it helped someone. I've been tracking my weight loss in a spreadsheet - it is so hard to remember. And I'm not worrying if I have a low-loss week because it is still a loss.

I guess we're wired for wanting immediate gratification these days - including getting to goal - but slow and steady is the way to go. I've lost 23.5 kgs now since pre-op diet (down from 101 kg) and plan to keep going below 70 - hopefully to below 67 which would put me into the 'healthy' weight range. I'm now out of obese and just overweight.

What interests me is that these numbers are averages only. I have large boobies - I'm sure that they weigh 2-3 kg more than someone with little, pert ones. So technically my weight is actually lower I would think.

Keep it up girls - as Janey said somewhere "Be thankful for every bit of weight lost!".
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 2:39 am

Caz I can only repeat what Geekie has said. Thank you so much for that list.

I am trying so hard to eat and live normally in that I am trying not to weigh food daily or even myself. Just eat sensible high protein choices and listen to my sleeve as the surgeon has asked me to do at the followup visit. Your 0.5kg is right on the figure my surgeon wanted me at and your amounts very very close to my weekly losses so far (I am around 8 weeks post op).

At surgery mid June I was 97kg and today I am still 90.something (a week after I hit that figure). Average 1kg a week but most of that was weeks 2-3.

Its so easy to feel you are doing something wrong and to think it will all suddenly appear back. I am down 2 clothing sizes, get huge compliments of my weight loss all the time and still think I am failing. Thats the mental bit I am working on at the moment.
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 1:43 am

Thank you sooo much for posting that Caz, it makes me feel much better seeing the rate of loss from someone who has done so well. I wasn't seeing a consistent 1kg per week loss and though I was doing something wrong but looking at your results I can see that my losses are similar to yours and now realise the I will get there in the end.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 1:13 am

This is my weight-loss journey - maybe the info will help! It is my weekly weight loss since my operation. I'd lost 3 kg pre-op. I've now settled down to an average of .5 kg per week - sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more.

2/23/2009 Operation (98 kg approx)
3/2/2009 3.4
3/9/2009 2.1
3/16/2009 1.1
3/23/2009 0.9
3/30/2009 0.9
4/6/2009 1.2
4/13/2009 0.1
4/20/2009 0.6
4/27/2009 0.9
5/4/2009 1
5/11/2009 0.1
5/18/2009 0.7
5/25/2009 0.9
6/1/2009 0.6
6/8/2009 0.5
6/15/2009 0.3
6/22/2009 0.5
6/29/2009 0.7
7/6/2009 0.7
7/13/2009 0.1
7/20/2009 0.7
7/27/2009 0.4
8/3/2009 0.1
8/10/2009 1
Back to top Go down
NannaDee
NannaDee

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptyMon 10 Aug 2009, 11:54 am

I had my surgery on the 29th July about 12 days ago and have lost 8 kg since that date, first week was 6.5kg and this last week been a lot slower. As I am new not sure what to expect now.

Denise
Back to top Go down
tamayles
Part of the furniture
tamayles

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 1:02 pm

Allie I'm the same as you, been overweight all my life, and just can not visualise myself at a healthy weight range.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 11:44 am

I lost about 11 kgs all up in the first 6 weeks. Then hit a plateau for about 4 weeks.

It's slowly starting to move again but I had to really put in an effort with the exercise. Of course being banded hasn't helped, I don't think. I have been on a restricted diet for 6 years so my body is used to it now. I'm 12 or 13 weeks post op...I've lost count now LOL... and have lost a total of 12.1kgs. Not a huge amount but good news nonetheless.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 9:17 am

I've lost just over 10kgs in the six weeks since surgery but its been in fits and starts with a big drop in the first 2 weeks, nothing in week 3, 1.5 kgs in week 4. Nothing in weeks 5 & 6 and started dropping again in week 6.

Like a lot others, I've found that you need to really get your protein up to be able to lose weight efficiently. Carbs on the other hand really slow it down for me.
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 8:04 am

I didn't lose that much on optifast, and when I came back from hospital I weighed the exact same as when I went in, then over the next 1 to 2 weeks I lost around 10 kg.

From then on I have had steady weight loss until recently, now I am 6 months out and the weigh seems to have stopped coming off.
Back to top Go down
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 7:06 am

Hi

I lost 4kg's in week 1, then 1.5kg in week 2, 1kg in week 3 and so on. At month 4 I lost no weight, and now at 6months lose about .5kg per week. Hope this helps. I didn't diet as such, just followed a healthy eating plan.

All the best Chook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery   How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

How much weight loss in first weeks after surgery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: