Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2008, 8:42 am

First topic message reminder :

I know everyone can eat different amount than others, but my question is, how do you know when your full? When I had my lapband, I knew I was full from feeling the food sitting in my throat or I'd hiccup. How do you know with the Sleeve? I get feelings, but I dont know if it's because Im full, or if its something else...

Bee
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 9:27 am

Thats what ive been doing steph, when im out i just get a latte, mocha or hot chocolate. Its easier than trying to find something that i can eat......or the expense when you are just going to eat a tiny bit. I will have to remember and take a container with me for my doggy bag :lol!:
I must confess to having been a diet coke or pepsi max addict before also, but i havent even felt like one yet.

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 9:16 am

Hi Jacquilove,

My surgeon told me not to drink soft drinks or carbonated beverages in the first few months as the gas can promote reflux and will also fill the stomach up quickly. He said if you are desperate for the taste of certain drinks to open them and let them go flat first but only to use diet varieties as the sugar in the soft drinks will stop weight loss.

Apple, I have been out today for the Adelaide get together and met some really lovely people although most were bandits. Only 1 other sleever and one to be sleever.
Anyway, I didn't eat but ordered a capucino and it was okay and didn't mind it so I am really happy I haven't gone off them too.

steph :flower:
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 8:14 am

that sounds like the yummiest lunch. must remember that. i still laugh at myself with food... i get so incredibly hungry and then i have about three spoonfulls and i'm full. it really spins me out!!!

hey what do you guys think about fizzy drinks overall? i don't recall my doctor or dietician warning me off them, but i've heard a few comments around here that they're not so good for you. apart from the fact that you should be drinking mainly water to make sure you're hydrated and not to have empty calories. i must confess i've had a few sips of coke - not much - since the op and didn't experience any bad feelings. it's not something i have much of... but just curious
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 5:22 am

Oh, faddingaway, I use diet sprite and golden circle diet soft drinks too, because they have artificial sweeteners and I prefer them to cola, either pepsi or coke.
Never really got into the iced coffee, though, steph and jezzy.
And applsauce, I don't have trouble with black coffee, or flat whites at home - just with the caps when I'm out - no idea why! Now go and get some new pants!
I just had a yummy lunch - my avocado dip (made with philly light, avocado, tabasco and lemon juice), spread on a cruskit, with some canned crab meat (at least you don't have to fight the crab claws to get it), and some mushroom chopped up really little. It was delicious! The only thing was that I couldn't really tell how much was on there, and when I wanted more, I wasn't sure if it was stomach hunger or mouth hunger! That's the trouble getting back to 'real' food again, I guess.
Chris
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 4:56 am

smack me upside the head if I am repeating myself here. not got time to re read the thread as going SHOPPING my pants are about to fall down about my ankles hehehe A good ease back into your coffee might be a mocha, not as heavy coffee punch . I love a skinny mocha as my treat when out :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 4:34 am

pepsi max is not a bad thing the ony fizzy drink a diabetic should drink.
I only miss gulping down a whole glass of water,,, I just don;t feel like I have quenched my thirst with a few tint sips :lol!:
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:17 pm

I hear you, guys!
A cap was my spoiling thing for ages - when I couldn't eat anything else, even on Opti, I'd have a skinny cap. Oh well, I guess I don't need it as much now.
Thank goodness I actually prefer tea! And that goes down really well, and using de-caf, I can also use it as part of my fluid intake. Love those silver linings!
Miss my soft drinks too, but do have flat lemonade sometimes. Guess that cuts down the food bill too, though...
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 11:14 am

Hi Jezzybel,

I was an iced coffee fanatic too for years and I know that played a big part in my putting on weight. I tried to wean myself off it and then managed to addict myself to Pepsi Max :lol!:
If it's not one thing it's another.

Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 10:38 am

I was a coffee fanatic (at least 2 cups and 2 cartons of iced coffee daily) before the op. If you had left me on a desert island pre-op, I would have wanted to be stranded with ciggies and cartons of iced coffee. Now I've quit smoking, and since the op even the light iced coffees don't sit right, so I haven't been drinking them. I've had one hot coffee from a takeaway, which was okay but nothing special. I much prefer tea or hot chocolate now though. So I've cut out nicotine and about 95% of my caffeine, and my insomnia is still just as bad... grr!
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 10:05 am

Hi Chris,

I'll be trying my first Cappucino tomorrow. So far coffee has been no good although I've only tried once but it was gross! I'll be really disappointed if I don't enjoy the cappucino as well.

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:44 am

Yesterday I had some of that breast chicken meat that you buy in bags, with some chicken gravy. Just nuked the chook until it was soft and hot and poured the gravy over the top. I chewed it up well and ate it slowly and it went down really well - no problems at all.
I've also had spag bol that's not pureed this week, and that was more difficult - it did get a little stuck and I was very uncomfortable for about an hour, but then it went down. I admit to helping it along with a small drink, though - I know we're not supposed to eat and drink at the same time, but I figured 20ml or so would make it mushier to go through. It seemed to work. Luckily I hadn't had a lot, and stopped when I started to feel it wasn't right - even though I really, really, really wanted to eat the rest (only about 130ml all up). Had the rest today, and it went down okay.
Had another cappuccino today, but it tasted gross. That's the 4th cap I've had since the op that hasn't tasted good, and I might have to give them up - what a bloody shame!
Chris
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 7:31 am

Just tried one of those heathy choice lasagna....still only ate 1/2 a cup but the pasta was a bit tuff i think. It didnt go down to badly, just left with a bit more of a reflux feeling now.

I did confess in another part of the site to sucking on a licorice allsort the other night...it took me 20 mins but boy did i enjoy it. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Angelprana
Angelprana

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 7:24 am

I get that sometimes too as I'm also on Mushies but sometimes think if I chew and chew it'll be like I've blended it myself...hehe
The other night the hubby got chicken treat and I ate the bum of the roll. Really slowly and had a couple of chips too. My stitchy pain in my side got worse and I couldn't sleep. I was soooo scared I'd busted open my stomach and given myself a leak. Let's just say I won't be doing that again in a hurry!!
Has anyone else been naughty in the mushie stage?
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 1:21 pm

MMmm I love salt & pepper squid but unfortunately I'm only on mushies.
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 1:19 pm

I have found the same with fish it is too "dry" , As it is a tradition for applesauce & myself when we go to Rockingham (our favourite beach) to have "fish & chips " we have garlic battered squid instead of fish which seems to go down without a problem. Also salt & pepper Squid salad from Dome cafe (the salad is to die for) or Red Rooster (the snack cups) go down a treat. Just some ideas for those with a passion for seafood like myself.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 9:41 am

Okay well I made a big mistake tonight.

I have been exhausted all afternoon and almost falling asleep at my desk at work. I rang my daughter and said I'm not cooking tea I'll pick up something from the local chippie. So off I go home from work, call in, place my order of minimum chips for the kids and a piece of fish for me (didn't know they grilled it until it was too late to reorder). Anyway get it home and sit down, ate half a piece of whiting and 3 chips and then I knew I was going to have problems for the rest of the night.

I either ate too fast or too much but now I have it sitting in my throat and it doesn't want to go down and I keep bringing it up but it's almost like it's never ending and seems to be more coming up than I ate????

Anyway I won't make that mistake again. I think I should give the chips a miss in future (potato probably not a good idea at this stage) and the fish was probably not moist enough.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Jul 2008, 1:14 pm

Nup, not joshin at all!! LOL, thers a song about this...

would I lie to you,
would I lie to you hunny?
Oh hunny would I lie to you? la la la la or something like that.

LOL, I do get a runny snoz when I am full sometimes, but tingly tum all the time when I am
full.
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

Male
Number of posts : 212

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Jul 2008, 1:12 pm

You guys are joshing, me a runny nose? hell no, I get a runny bottom!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Jul 2008, 12:46 pm

When I feel full, I dont actually feel full. I realise this sounds silly, but just above my belly button, I get this tingly 'pins and needles' feeling. And when I touch it, it goes really tingly. Thats my sign to stop eating. Also, I do sometimes get a runny nose...

How about that ey??

Hayley
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Jul 2008, 5:54 am

runny nose ??????????????????? oh gawd yes somebody else. this drives both the male of the species and myself NUTS NUTS NUTS. You just ate to much your nose is running *LOL* anybody else ?

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 8:39 pm

That's good advice, Fadding Away, and I think I'll take it. I've got out of the habit of measuring, and last night I was overfull - didn't like it one bit and had to stay up late just to let it go down. Vowed not to do it again!
Chris :afro:
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 6:27 pm

I also measure .1/4 cup wait and ten have a couple of spoons more if I need it , depends on what I have eaten , I can not eat 1/2 cup and I don't care either, those skinny minis live on next to nothing and I bet they don't take the vitamins I take :lol!:
I feel measuring is the way to know how much is going in.
Back to top Go down
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Female
Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2008, 1:47 pm

I know that I'm full when I start hiccuping :suspect:
And sometimes my nose runs when I am near full too - but its the hiccups that grab my attention! So I always stop eating then.
I measure my food out before I eat it as well.
I'm on mushies so I measure out half a cup full of food at each meal - not that I can eat that much yet though.
Pam
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2008, 11:10 am

I have a container that is about 250 ml....i have been half filling that and that seems to be ok. I tend to feel full with some types of meals but not really with others. I seem to get a little stitch pain just really quickly in my side when i get close to th end of the container and thats when i no that i have had enough, whatever is left i throw out or keep till later.

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2008, 10:15 am

The full feeling is the same as before surgery. tho I know some people never experenced this sensation. I tend to think of it like you just ate chirstmas dinner. You want to let out the belt on your jeans feeling. I know doesnt that sound odd because it is not as tho your stomach has inflated enough to put pressure on your belt but it gives that kind of sensation. The difference between being satisfied and over full is less than 2 dessert spoons for both the male of the species and myself. So you do have to be careful as it is very very easy to over eat especially if youa re distracted. We tend to be more careful when out to dinner just incase.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2008, 9:30 am

I am still having trouble with that, and sometimes am overfull, I think. Uncomfortable, anyway.
It's easier with Opti or thin purees, but anything thicker and I can't fit as much in.
I'm still learning, and I guess we all have to do that.
Good luck!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Know When Your Full?   How Do You Know When Your Full? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Do You Know When Your Full?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: