3 posters
AuthorMessage
valebrook
valebrook

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-12-02

Lactose Intolerant Empty
PostSubject: Visit with dietician   Lactose Intolerant EmptyTue 08 Dec 2015, 9:50 pm

So.....

Dietician was AMAZING!

I met with Libby McBride yesterday!

The excitement she shared in the upcoming surgery just made me feel so much more at ease.

She scheduled my post op appointments and she made the pre and post op plans seem simple to understand.

Now for the part that concerned me the most, being lactose intolerant.

Wasn't even a blip on her radar!

Currently I can handle 1 shake every 1-2 days without getting sick. So we sketched out a plan between shakes, soups and bars.

Those who aren't aware there are also tablets available called Lacteeze. These days it's more popular and is found at most pharmacies.

The best part about lacteeze is that you cant build a tolerance to them.

So all my worries are gone regarding starting the shakes and i feel confident in my dietician and the support she is giving.

Bring on my new life
Back to top Go down
valebrook
valebrook

Female

Lactose Intolerant Empty
PostSubject: waiting   Lactose Intolerant EmptyThu 03 Dec 2015, 11:15 am

Thanks heaps, i guess i will know more next week after my appointment about what they have install for me.
Back to top Go down
Meatpie

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2015-08-17

Lactose Intolerant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lactose Intolerant   Lactose Intolerant EmptyThu 03 Dec 2015, 1:03 am

Yep, lactose intolerant.. 
You will just have to keep telling them over and over. As they will try and suggest yogurts, custard and the pre made shakes.... 
I didn't have to do a preop diet but post op I just got a good quality pea protien and made shakes with some fruit & almond/soy milk in the nutribullet.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

Lactose Intolerant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lactose Intolerant   Lactose Intolerant EmptyWed 02 Dec 2015, 9:21 pm

Im lactose intolerant as well. Make sure your dietitian knows this up front, as they will just throw optifast type products at you, I had to remind my post op dietitian at every appointment (why I stopped seeing him after 2 visits) as I thought it really poor that each time he always wanted me to drink sustagen products for meals when I kept telling him I cant drink it and I refuse to drink my meals post surgery (after the liquid/puree stages of course lol).

Preop I had a very restrictive normal food diet instead of optifast to get round the lactose intolerance, I wish this dietitian hadnt moved practices :(
Back to top Go down
valebrook
valebrook

Female

Lactose Intolerant Empty
PostSubject: Lactose Intolerant   Lactose Intolerant EmptyWed 02 Dec 2015, 6:50 am

Hi there,

I'm currently pre op and booked in for 29/01/2016.

I start my pre op meal plan on 26/12/2015, Yes boxing day!

I don't have my initial dietician appointment until 08/12/2015 and I'm concerned due to being lactose intolerant. I know I'm not the first and I wont be the last but I wanted to head into my appointment at least with a little information under my belt. 

Has anyone been in this situation that can provide any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Vanessa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lactose Intolerant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lactose Intolerant   Lactose Intolerant Empty

Back to top Go down

Lactose Intolerant
Page 1 of 1