3 posters
AuthorMessage
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Lactose intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lactose intolerance   Lactose intolerance EmptyFri 05 Sep 2014, 11:51 am

Hi Garfield , seem to be ok on the lactose free milk, I don't like soy at all so don't even want to go up that road.I had to have a normal milk cappo today when I was out,and one cappo a day is one thing I won't give up ,it was the first this week I had had with normal milk and I could feel the difference and need to have a poop so they say but no pain or bad dumping,I can still have a bit of choccy with no problems so will just see how I go. Not had anything new in my diet or made and drastic change to it either.the docs don't seem to concerned as all what is in my stomach is clear and no signs of anything wrong.All the other bits likes bones etc are no dam good any more but that is age related wear and tear and have just started on osteo guard ,all my blood tests came back good too which I was pleased about as now I know I have the right intake of everything along with daily vits.
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Lactose intolerance   Lactose intolerance EmptyThu 04 Sep 2014, 4:23 pm

As for the tummy gurgles, completely normal.  Even my pussy cat has looked at my stomach as if it had said something wrong lol.  Half of it's gone now so it's going to be digesting everything a lot quicker.

I haven't touched normal milk in years and switched to Vitasoy Light Milky which I found the most flavoursome.  Can't stand So Good, got a yucky aftertaste.  I've also been using Almond Milk which is apparently better for weightloss and digestion so I don't mind either between the two.

Lactose intolerance is very common complaint after WLS, but from what you are saying you either have a very mild case or it's something else because if you are intolerant - you will know about pretty darn soon e.g. within the hour or less!  On bad days if I have a choccy bar, I will have to race to the toilet before I've even finished it (even if it's a freddo frog).  But I refuse to give up my chocolate or someone may die.... ;-)
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Lactose intolerance   Lactose intolerance EmptyThu 04 Sep 2014, 1:28 pm

Glad to hear the change was almost instant hopefully it will improve even more.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lactose intolerance   Lactose intolerance EmptyWed 03 Sep 2014, 6:06 am

Hi Bluebags, I started on lactose free milk on Monday and my stomach seems to be easing with the washing machine effect and the gurgles,still have the slight tweak under the right rib but it may be just a muscle as everything else has been checked and is all clear.So will stick with this milk and see how it goes.Funny how some are lactose intolerant straight after the sleeve and then some slowly develop it which may be my case.
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Lactose intolerance   Lactose intolerance EmptyWed 03 Sep 2014, 2:19 am

I have been using no lactose milk for some time now since the sleeve my bowels improved with the change but I do still have rumblings etc but mostly when I eat to much of anything not just when I have used milk try the Zymil it is lactose and gluten free I don't taste much difference as I have used lo fat for years.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Lactose intolerance   Lactose intolerance EmptySat 30 Aug 2014, 12:50 pm

Hi all, have not posted for ages. Will be two years out in December and been going great,but had a few small issues with grumbly gut and light pain,light bulb moment came up with possible lactose intolerance, have been to one doc and said my stomach had a lot of activity but not likely to be gall bladder and wouldn't let me have a ultra sound,after another week I rang my surgeon who said see another and get the referral for ultrasound which I had on Tuesday,all clear no gall bladder probs and no gall stones. I think I may have built up to this over time,I use hi lo milk in the morning with cereal then have a cup of tea with little milk as I like strong tea,late morning I do have a cappo but I have not introduced any new foods ,mid afternoon I have a mug of iced coffee and late in the day I have another tea. Bowels don't seem too bad with no runs but rather just real soft if you know what I mean,some mild cramping,burps both ways and then the gurgly grumbly gut,by the end of the day it seems to be at its worst so is possibly a build up during the day,any one else had this happen. .? I am due to see my usual doc on Monday so may ask him to test me for the possibility of intolerance.
I see many have it right after surgery but I had no problems at all,but I also noted you can build up to it over time after being sleeved. I almost forgot to add that I do have a mild tweak type of pain up under the right rib cage which is typical of gall bladder symptoms but it's not that,as it showed all clear in the ultra sound
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lactose intolerance   Lactose intolerance Empty

Back to top Go down

Lactose intolerance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Other Health Issues-
Jump to: