AuthorMessage
Joybells
Part of the furniture
Joybells

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-04

Difficulty swallowing... stricture?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difficulty swallowing... stricture??   Difficulty swallowing... stricture?? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015, 1:38 pm

Donnam, so pleased to hear from you as you are one of our June sleevers and we all get a little concerned for those that hav n,t posted. I understand it's early days but we would love to support you if you want to come be part of our group on monthly posts - look for june2015 and you'll find those going through there sleeves now.
Hope we may be able to cheer you on.
Back to top Go down
Donnam

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty swallowing... stricture??   Difficulty swallowing... stricture?? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015, 8:43 am

Thank you for your replies...
I'm on nexium and Donnatab which is an anti spasmodic... Hopefully I'ts just inflammation and I'm not healing as quickly as I hoped. It feels exactly like that first swallow after surgery..  I don't have any nausea or vomiting at this stage so I'm guessing that's a good sign...
Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Healthyme10
Healthyme10

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty swallowing... stricture??   Difficulty swallowing... stricture?? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015, 8:11 am

hi Donnam - sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Perhaps call your surgeon's rooms tomorrow am and see whether you can see your surgeon tomorrow or if they have any advice? I don't think that you should be in so much pain - best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty swallowing... stricture??   Difficulty swallowing... stricture?? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015, 8:10 am

Hi Donnam,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling. The symptoms of a stricture usually are vomiting and nausea following eating. Only a doctor can diagnose what really is wrong. You could be suffering from oesophogeal spasm as you swallow which can cause severe throat pain. The swelling and inflammation of your stomach can take a few weeks to settle down. I was amazed at how small a sip I had to take in the beginning to prevent pain. I also found that my stomach didn't like cold fluids and peppermint tea was much better as the hot fluid stopped stomach spasms and cramps.  Are you on anti-reflux medications? These can help to calm the irritation of gastric acid in the oesophogus and stomach.

cheers Nini 
Back to top Go down
Donnam

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-05-06

PostSubject: Difficulty swallowing... stricture??   Difficulty swallowing... stricture?? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015, 7:29 am

Hi everyone
I would appreciate any advice given..
I'm 12 days post op on full fluids and I have gripping pain in my chest every single time I swallow.  I know it the fluids going down as I can feel it.. It feels as though my chest is going to explode.  It happens with everything I swallow except my saliva.  I'm quite  careful not to take gulps and I only sip the smallest amount at a time.  My fluids are only thin... Has anyone else had this problem? Could this possibly be a stricture? I have a surgeon visit in two days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty swallowing... stricture??   Difficulty swallowing... stricture?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Difficulty swallowing... stricture??
Page 1 of 1