Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

can I have a consultation while pregnant?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sez0607

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-11-26

can I have a consultation while pregnant? Empty
PostSubject: Re: can I have a consultation while pregnant?   can I have a consultation while pregnant? EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015, 10:50 am

I should have added that it's unlikely I'll be able to breastfeed as I couldn't with dd1  8.5 months ago sure to flat nipples and poor milk production. I will definitely try very hard to bf though and thus delay surgery furthermore. High likelihood I will have a repeat c-section due to narrow pelvis.i will have a lot of support at home due to DP being a SAHD. I suppose I'll just send emails to all the nearby surgeon's offices and ask :)
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: can I have a consultation while pregnant?   can I have a consultation while pregnant? EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015, 10:45 am

I have no idea, best to check with the surgeon's office.

Just a couple of things.
I'm assuming having major surgery will effect your breast milk if your breastfeeding.
Depending if you have a natural birth or caesar, that will effect the sleeve surgery date too.
Back to top Go down
Missjane
Missjane

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-02-06

PostSubject: Re: can I have a consultation while pregnant?   can I have a consultation while pregnant? EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015, 10:23 am

Hey, 
Whilst I can't speak about consultations,  i can speak about child birth.

A few weeks after giving birth you're still full of hormones and relaxin.  You will most likely be hoplessly sleep deprived and if you're lucky,  breast feeding.

I would think there is no way you'll be physically and mentally in a space where major surgery and huge huge huge diet changes would be helpful. Pregnancy and childbirth are epic.  I'd suggest you take time to really get good advice from Drs and support network. 

Good luck,  whatever you decide. 
J
Back to top Go down
Sez0607

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-11-26

PostSubject: can I have a consultation while pregnant?   can I have a consultation while pregnant? EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015, 9:38 am

So as the title suggests, I've just found out I'm pregnant 2 days ago and wanting to know if the surgeon will consult with me regarding getting a sleeve while I still pregnant. My PHI doesn't kick in until November 25th and my due date is November 20th. Obviously I will need a few weeks after the birth of mybaby til I have the sleeve done but I don't want to wait months and months for a sleeve date if I can see surgeon while pregnant and make a date prior... I hope this makes sense.. It's not as if my weight is borderline ineligible for the procedure.. My BMI is 51 :O I definitely need this procedure ASAP! Any insights would be great, thankyou.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can I have a consultation while pregnant?   can I have a consultation while pregnant? Empty

Back to top Go down

can I have a consultation while pregnant?
Page 1 of 1