3 posters
AuthorMessage
sleeverella
sleeverella

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2014-08-25

Almost 3 years on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 3 years on...   Almost 3 years on... EmptySat 25 Oct 2014, 7:17 am

I'm pretty sure that when you start working out to build muscle, your muscles will retain a lot (extra) water immediately even though the increase in muscle fibre/mass itself has not happened yet.  They need it to build.
Back to top Go down
Mak2002

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Almost 3 years on...   Almost 3 years on... EmptySat 25 Oct 2014, 6:20 am

Maryle wrote:
Have you had your body fat versus muscle mass measured. Maybe you are once again building muscle with the gym work out.

It crossed my mind, however, i dont think it works that quick. I mean within 2 weeks, i was lifting significantly more, but not sure.
Back to top Go down
Maryle

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Almost 3 years on...   Almost 3 years on... EmptySat 25 Oct 2014, 6:08 am

Have you had your body fat versus muscle mass measured. Maybe you are once again building muscle with the gym work out.
Back to top Go down
Mak2002

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Almost 3 years on...   Almost 3 years on... EmptySat 25 Oct 2014, 5:12 am

I started my journey on 20 March 2012 at 165kg.

on the 20th of March 2013 i was 97kg.

I maintained this weight until October 2013 when i decided to start a weight lifting regime to gain muscle. Maintaining the same waist size i gained 13kg to 110kg of solid muscle and i was stoked.  I stopped that in April and aimed to get back down to 105 as i thought that was a healthier weight for me. I got down to 107kg and have been struggling since. My wife had a baby in June and i stopped working out and enjoyed my time with the family.

Fast forward to October and i am weighing 110kg and feeling pretty disgusted by myself. 2 weeks ago i went on a diet, eating very healthy, nothing after 7pm then going to the gym for a work out. Today i jump on the scale and i am still 110.6kg. I am finding it extremely hard to lose weight, something that came very easy the first 2 years of this journey.

The result of the past 2 weeks has been very deflating, i slept hungry, liquid breakfasts, no bread, carrots, boiled eggs and chicken, grilled fish and chicken with sweet potato.

Iv gotten to the point of giving up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almost 3 years on...   Almost 3 years on... Empty

Back to top Go down

Almost 3 years on...
Page 1 of 1