Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptySat 12 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm

You can get up and walk down the isle.  If you need to, go to the end of the plane and just stand around in that area, explain why and the stewards will be OK with it :)
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptySat 12 Jul 2014, 11:44 am

QueanbeyanPC-
I have a high risk of clots. I think it is more just the sitting for too long. He never mentioned anything about cabin air pressure.
He said he will be giving me clexain injections to give myself on the flight (I didn't think it was so bad since the flights are two short bursts).

The train sounds like a good idea though...I could walk around freely on it. I use to do the trip from Adelaide to Melbourne many times by train (love it).
Back to top Go down
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptySat 12 Jul 2014, 8:57 am

If you're going to have a stopover in Melbourne, how about taking the train from Adelaide to Melbourne?  That way you only need to take one flight, and it's a much shorter flight.

Did your surgeon express concerns about the changes in air pressure?  If so, one cycle (a direct flight, or otherwise a single flight) would halve the risk of complications.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptySat 12 Jul 2014, 4:19 am

Thanks everyone :)

Ever since I got my date...The dates are DRAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggggggging lol

@QueanbeyanPC -My Dr was originally saying that he would rather me not fly for 6 weeks after surgery. That isn't possible. 
I figure that if I have a stop over in Melbourne for a while, I can stretch my legs ects....
I went on the Ferry only once (When I first moved to Tassie), as soon as the boat hit open water, I was so ill in the bathroom. I don't want to be sick that soon after surgery LOL
Back to top Go down
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptyWed 09 Jul 2014, 7:05 am

While the flights are obviously less hassle and very quick, compared to every other alternative, if you or your surgeon have concerns about air pressure, I'd still consider driving.  The ferry may be worse than the plane though.
Back to top Go down
Tarnie
Tarnie

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-01-07

PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptyWed 09 Jul 2014, 6:57 am

Hey Aussie Doll
Exciting, it will go fast believe me, my time has and I had mine booked 8 months ahead.
And its nearly here
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuUMtkU/]

PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptyWed 09 Jul 2014, 6:40 am

Awesome.  Congrats on getting a date.  It does seem ages away, but the year is moving so quickly, it will be here before you know it.
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptyWed 09 Jul 2014, 12:30 am

Thats fantabulous, i was wondering how you got on.
Im in for 30th June. Was then, or 8th September. .. he preferred to do it in September, as he will be away in Canada for a couple of weeks in August, at a conference and was a bit concerned for me, in case i had any problems, i would need to see different doctors. .. that didnt worry me.. so it is just 3 weeks... eek.
Ive started Optislim. Its going down a treat. Have the chocolate shake for breaky, and chocolate bar for lunch, then chicken and green veggies for tea...
All good, and ive lost a few kilos already! !!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! EmptyTue 08 Jul 2014, 10:03 am

I thought I would share...

I went and met my surgeon in Adelaide (Dr Michael France- Ashford Hospital).
He is absolutely lovely. After setting my mind at ease about my surgery he just blurted out my surgery date," 4th May 2015"...I AM SO EXCITED! It is ages away but it all feels real now.

My hubby was very excited when I told him the date, he said," Your surgery is on international star wars day -May the fourth be with you". (Yes he is a dork, or should I say adorkable) HAHAHA I love him so much....

My Dr also said I should be able to fly home to Hobart after 10 days, which was a great concern for me... I just have to give myself some injections on the plane.

Well that is enough dribble from me LOL

Just sharing my excitment.... It's not like I'm counting or anything  Nuts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!   It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE! Empty

Back to top Go down

It isn't until next year...BUT I GOT MY DATE!
Page 1 of 1