AuthorMessage
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

Charles Mosse,Sivakumar Gananadha,Calvary Hospital, Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charles Mosse,Sivakumar Gananadha,Calvary Hospital, Canberra   Charles Mosse,Sivakumar Gananadha,Calvary Hospital, Canberra EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

I don't know how I missed this post.  Thanks for the info!

I was at Dr Mosse's presentation earlier tonight.  He sounded quite fair and reasonable, confident, and presented his take on the current thinking on bands, sleeves and bypasses, in a way that was clear and consistent.

He actively shot me down when I joked about watching the youtube videos of his colleagues actually performing sleeves - to which I replied "too late", and just smiled.  I've seen three separate VSG procedure videos on youtube and while I was grossed out the first two times I watched the first one, I just started getting more curious.  Of the three surgeons I saw on youtube, the most conscientious one stitched the entire staple line, something that Dr Mosse said he did as a matter of routine.

I have my initial consultation with Dr Gananadha in a few days, and a tentative surgery date in just over five weeks.  I'll have more to add later (assuming I survive ;-) ).  Obviously I've got nothing first hand to add to the discussion about Dr Gananadha - yet - but from everything I've heard here and elsewhere, I'm quite confident that it'll be more good feedback.
Back to top Go down
BelGlen

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-07-02

Charles Mosse,Sivakumar Gananadha,Calvary Hospital, Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Charles Mosse,Sivakumar Gananadha,Calvary Hospital, Canberra   Charles Mosse,Sivakumar Gananadha,Calvary Hospital, Canberra EmptyWed 02 Jul 2014, 8:00 am

Glen from Belconnen. Yes, I went with Siva Gananadha last year for surgery (2013).  I have noticed a few requests for feedback.  I found Dr Gananadha lived up to his reputation as a brilliant surgeon.  I was happy with how the surgery all went.  Dr Gananadha was professional and with a steady hand.  I can't say I had any complications post-op.  I read a recent blog on here on the topic of Dr Siva Gananadha and Dr Mosses receptionist.  Do they share the same receptionist?  Yes, I think so.  I also felt that Dr Siva Gananadha and Dr Charles Mosses receptionist at Calvary rooms, ACT made matters more complicated than necessary,and I agree with most of what was said.  She didn't seem to adapt well to ANY change of plans and appeared a bit frantic when a simple thing came up (and I followed the plan to the date of the surgery,didn't push ahead of other people, apart from one very,VERY small request), was overly preoccupied with detail, lost the big picture and wasn't happy to spend great time on questions.  It felt as if there was a massive wall around the doctors rooms and I had to climb over the top when I should have been able to walk through at a normal pace.  If you can manage to cope with what you may face at reception mate,  Gananadha and Mosse both have brilliant reputations.  Apparently they had a different receptionist 4-5 years ago (so I hear) and the previous one was apparently easier on people.  There is no denying that Dr Gananadha is a great surgeon if anyone out there needs another opinion on him, mate! I would give him a very high mark, with distinction, mate.  His great reputation is well earned and deserved!
Back to top Go down

Charles Mosse,Sivakumar Gananadha,Calvary Hospital, Canberra
Page 1 of 1