5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014, 6:48 pm

Hi all,
I am now sleeved. All wwent well. Have 5 curs, only the one big one causing a bit og pain .other than that all good. Thanks so much for all your suppot.
Cheers Elly.
Back to top Go down
Lee17
Lee17

Female
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014, 1:47 pm

Thanks Amy.....congratulations Glenn.....hope you have a smooth couple of days and are home soon
Back to top Go down
Fergy16
Fergy16

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-06-30

PostSubject: Re: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014, 1:25 pm

Hi All, 
This is Glenn's wife here. Just wanted to update you all and let you know that Glenn had his surgery today. I visited him afterwards and he was sleepy and a bit groggy, but not in too much pain. He had already gotten himself up out of bed to use the bathroom, so that's a good sign, I think!
Once he's home I'm sure he'll be on here giving you a more detailed update :)

Cheers
-Amy
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest EmptyFri 18 Jul 2014, 3:55 am

Hey, we are sleeve twins, im 30th july in Adelaide. ... Michael France at Ashford. ..
u r a legend...
Giving up smoking at the same time as starting optifast... that is unreal...
CONGRATULATIONS!
Look forward to following your journey. ..
Elly
Back to top Go down
Fergy16
Fergy16

Male

PostSubject: Re: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

Hi 
Two weeks in and going well with the lack of smoking, yes I am on patches which help well, I guess having other things on my mind like being starving have helped with lessening the withdrawal from smoking.
I am really struggling with the optifast, 4 weeks is a long time, at times i feel like i could rip my wife's arm off and eat her arm as well as the food in her hand! i had a major fail and had a huge unhealthy dinner on thursday night (really shitty day a work and fell back into standard habits of wanting food to make me feel better), but feel that after two weeks of being really good, and if i'm good from now until surgery, then things are not too bad.
so far i have lost nearly 5kg on the optimist so it works. but is really hard psychologically  to turn the brain off wanting food that smells so good. But i guess that is why i am the weight i am and booked in for surgery and i need to break the food = feelings connection (feeling quite ill after binging helps and when i went through maccas drive through for my wife and daughter this evening on a long drive home the memory of that feeling of overstuffed and unpleasantness helped me to steer my mind off wanting maccas myself. i managed to not even steal a chippy and came home to a meal of veggies and an optimist dessert chocolate thingy
I am looking forward to the surgery date but a little terrified as well. how are you doing with the food side of things on optifast?
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 8:54 am

Welcome Glenn!!  I have started my opti today too...how you finding it so far?  How long have you had this surgery planned for?  It feels good, doesn't it, finally getting onto the opti phase and the countdown begins :)
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 8:19 am

Hey Glen,

That could be tough, giving up food and smoking at the same time but I wish you every success!  Are you doing nicotine patches or something or just going cold turkey?
Back to top Go down
Fergy16
Fergy16

Male

PostSubject: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 6:09 am

HI All,
My name is Glenn and i am booked in on the 30th of July to have my sleeve done i have just started my 4 weeks of optifast and thrown out the cigarettes as well.
Looking forward to a sucsessful surgery and better long term health results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest   30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest Empty

Back to top Go down

30th July Dr Roy Brancantisano Norwest
Page 1 of 1