AuthorMessage
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya   Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya EmptyFri 18 Jul 2014, 4:08 pm

Sidcharli wrote:
Hi rastis100,
Im have been told he is a general surgeon doing bariatrics as part of it.  He is not an expert and refers all complications to an associate in Perth.
Hi Veronica glad your are healing and your weight is on its way down again I still would like to meet up hopefully soon
goodluck with your decision raistis100
Helen

mybe if there is another meet we can finally meet up
Back to top Go down
Sidcharli

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya   Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014, 9:41 am

Hi rastis100,
Im have been told he is a general surgeon doing bariatrics as part of it. He is not an expert and refers all complications to an associate in Perth.
Hi Veronica glad your are healing and your weight is on its way down again I still would like to meet up hopefully soon
goodluck with your decision raistis100
Helen
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya   Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014, 5:47 pm

Without going into Dr's names I referred another member on this page in the same area to read your comments Veronica.  I also stated how disappointed I was with the follow up you received from a Perth Dr and how you were pretty much fobbed off especially when I received such special treatment from him so I can only assume thing have changed during that time.

All in all, I am disgusted the way you were treated and how you continue to suffer.  Personally I would report hi to the AMA board as he seems to be looking for the money to due the surgery but not interested in fixing his eff ups!!
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya   Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 7:49 am

Hi Ratis
I havnt had the band but had my sleeve done by Dr W almost 7 mths ago, 6st December 2013. He is a nice enough Dr and there are plenty of his patients on here who have just sailed through their surgeries and had no problems or complications and that's great.  I did have complications, I still do and I have found him not that interested and always feel like he is fobbing me off and sending me to other surgeons to try and fix it.  But, that's just my opinion of him and others have not had any problems.  You need to just make up your own mind, wish you all the success and best wishes
Back to top Go down
rastis100

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-06-29

PostSubject: Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya   Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 3:57 am

Hi - I was wondering if there are any people on this site that have had a band reversal and then had the sleeve done.  I had my band removed in January of this year, after years of complications and had initially decided not to have the sleeve done.  My doctor has advised me that the risk of complication is considerably higher with patients that have had a band removed due to scar tissue from the lap band.  This makes me quite nervous.  I would love to hear from anyone that has had a band reversal and then had a sleeve done - good and bad stories.  I'm also looking at having the sleeve done by Dr Senarath Werapitiya at SJOG Bunbury, so would love to hear from any of his patients.  Thanks heaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya   Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on going from band to sleeve - Dr S Werapitiya
Page 1 of 1