4 posters
AuthorMessage
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Walk From Obesity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk From Obesity   Walk From Obesity EmptySun 23 Aug 2009, 11:17 pm

My Fellow Sleevers!

The time is starting to get closer and I'm starting to "feel the heat!"

I participated in a local "Relay for Life" yesterday and there was a great turn-out as well as donation amounts. I think we raised a record this year.

I'm hoping that the Walk from Obesity will do, at least, half as well as that and to do this, I really need your help.

As I mentioned in previous posts, I've put together a "Gastric Sleeve Support Forum" team site for the purpose of inviting all of you, my sleever family, to participate.

I've written to the powers that be for the walk to see how it can become an international event and it actually takes a grass-roots type effort. So, please, those who are not in the U.S., take the information from the sites I cite below to your surgeon or medical teams and see if they are members of an equivalent professional research group.

We've all seen and felt the benefits (or will soon) of bariatric surgery and this is a way to progress the research into the leading cause of death behind cancer - obesity and its complications.

So, please, for this year, I would greatly appreciate *any* donation or sponsorship for this worthy cause. Please see the links in my initial post for information on donations.

And, thank you, in advance!
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Walk From Obesity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk From Obesity   Walk From Obesity EmptyMon 13 Jul 2009, 9:02 am

Great Idea. I would participate in Australia too. Hopefully it will be next year. September will be my 12 month anniversary too!!
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male

Walk From Obesity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk From Obesity   Walk From Obesity EmptyFri 10 Jul 2009, 11:20 pm

Bump to top since the date is approaching in a couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Walk From Obesity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk From Obesity   Walk From Obesity EmptySat 16 May 2009, 8:43 am

Just wonderful news Kahunalou.

Spread the word about this wonderful site for everybody to hear. You have my full support. I would participate in an Australian walk too.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Walk From Obesity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk From Obesity   Walk From Obesity EmptySat 16 May 2009, 1:11 am

Lou, I think what you are doing is fantastic!
I hope the walk comes to Australia soon. I would definitely participate.
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male

Walk From Obesity Empty
PostSubject: Walk From Obesity   Walk From Obesity EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 6:03 pm

In cities across the United States, individuals affected by obesity, their family members and friends, healthcare professionals and many others come together and proudly walk to raise awareness of the disease of obesity, childhood obesity and morbid obesity in the annual Walk from Obesity.

I'm participating this year as a team captain for my local walk in Los Angeles, on Saturday, September 26, and invite my fellow sleevers, pre-op and post-op, to join me in participating in this nation-wide (and someday world-wide) event.

With a big "thank you" to Hayley, I have also secured permission to have the Gastric Sleeve Support Forum be a sponsor for my local walk. With this sponsorship, we will have the forum URL (perhaps with a logo?) silkscreened on the T-Shirt, along with other sponsors, that each walker will receive when they participate. I'll have a pictures taken and posted when the event happens so that you'll all be able to see it.

I've set up a web site if you'd like to be a part of the Gastric Sleeve Support Forum Team. Walk From Obesity 369315

If you live in the Los Angeles area and would like to participate as a walker on the team, please click here.

If you would like to be a sponsor for the team, please click here.

Finally, if you wish to participate as a walker in an event closer to home, you can click here to locate the currently scheduled walks.

My goal is for Gastric Sleeve Support Forum Team to be the top team in participation and sponsorship in its inaugural year!

Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walk From Obesity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk From Obesity   Walk From Obesity Empty

Back to top Go down

Walk From Obesity
Page 1 of 1