10 posters
AuthorMessage
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 6:26 pm

Congrats Chris!

I too am walking more. I've lost a 100 pounds so far and notice that my knees now 'click' when I climb stairs. I guess my excess weight compressed the cushioning in my joints. Now the effects are starting to show... however! I'll love every minute of my new flexibility!

Do you know how amazing it is to me that I can cross my legs at dinner?!
Back to top Go down
brucemendes0

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 12:40 pm

Hi Miss Kax,
Thanks for sharing your comment ... from your comment i should suggest that you have to walk as much as possible...this is really good exercise for health and please do not do stressful work...even i am always use to with walk and really help me in my fitness....
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyTue 09 Dec 2008, 10:42 am

Thanks Kalgirl, I guess I was scared I might rip open one of my little cuts or something! I'm not sore, so I might start day 7 post op. I have a naughty little dog too who will love for me to take him out! And a treadmill, so no excuses! I want to aim for 1 hour of exercise every day in my new life. I'm going to start with walking but eventually want to run a bit. My exercise physiologist will help me by writing an interval programme, but I won't see her till 6 weeks post op.
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyTue 09 Dec 2008, 7:58 am

Miss Kax, walk walk walk as soon as you can. my surgeon only put a limit on lifting nothing heavier than 4kg's for 3-4 weeks,
and no strenuous exercise for 5-6 weeks. He and the sporto encouraged walking straight away, for as long as possible,
and as i wanted the GSV to be a kickstart for a lifestyle change, i got stuck in straight away...
why have such drastic surgery and continue to live like a lazy person?

my schedule has gone as follows:

day 7 post-op beach walking for 15 minutes each day (dragged by fast, naughty little dog)

day 12 post-op beach walkng for 30 mins - 1 hour each day (still being dragged by fast, naughty little dog)

day 19 post-op beach walk for 1 hour each day (finally keeping up with stupid dog)

day ??? post-op beach walk for 1 hour+ each day (leaving exhausted little dog eating sand)
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyTue 09 Dec 2008, 7:30 am

When did everyone start going for a walk for 30 or 60 mins post op. Do you have to wait a few weeks?
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 2:49 am

Good for you Chris.

I am going to start walking in a few weeks. :)

Cinni
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptySat 05 Jul 2008, 2:39 am

Yep, better get all that bum dancing out of the way now because soon we won't have one! LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptySat 05 Jul 2008, 2:38 am

Yep, Cheers to that Chris!! Bye bye to the big bums of australia-and the rest of the world!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptySat 05 Jul 2008, 2:34 am

Oh the gym - wow - I'm never doing that again! LOL
And no, you can't say that any more - hopefully none of us will be able to say it, by this time next year!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptySat 05 Jul 2008, 1:11 am

Yes, you are right Chris, I should join in!!
I have to get back to the gym this week, last week was a monumental one, so there was not time to do anything.
I spose that makes me feel even lazier...
Good onya Chris!! I will get off my bottom... lol, I cant really say Fat Ar$ because thats changing!!

Hayley
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptySat 05 Jul 2008, 12:36 am

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone. I'm going to keep trying to get on the treadmill every day, but I'm definitely inspired by those of you who are walking daily - and you're going so far too!
Hayley, come join me - just a few minutes a day?
Chris
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 8:59 pm

good for you Chris every minute helps.I/we are doing our 20-30 minutes 2 times a day drove around to see how far and it is just over 2kms so thats great 4 kms everyday. Or Melody distroys something
Fadding Away
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 6:15 pm

Chris, your awesome!!!
You give it all you've got girl, you will reap such awesome benefits, and much sooner than you expect.
I have been having an exercise 'lull', in other words, extreme laziness. Now I have to get my you-know-what moving
and get this weight off. I dont know why, but I am seeing this layer of fat on my body as some sort of evil. Kind of like a big monster, and now I feel like I have a hope in all heck of getting it off my back!!
Thankyou for sharing your awesome progress, this is a milestone, and its recorded, so when you feel crappy, come back and read it!! You are doing so well, I am so excited for you!

Hayley
Back to top Go down
tommy
tommy

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Well done Chris   Now I can walk! EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 2:34 pm

Keep up that walking if you can chrisbychic, a good beach walk is great if you include walk out to the end of the jetty to check on the fishing. You have a good fighting spirit about you, build on that, that's the way to a better life through your own willpower-and a little encouragement. We're all there with you. Go for it.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyThu 03 Jul 2008, 5:19 am

Actually, I started doing it to help my tummy, but the last couple of days, the back pain has forced me to do it. Not that I didn't have back pain before, because I did, but it never got me moving before. I think that the loss of weight already, plus the benefit of walking in the hospital have really helped me feel better about doing it. I hope it lasts!
Chris
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyThu 03 Jul 2008, 3:57 am

good for you :) even when I lost weight before in the dim distant past exercise never became part of my life beyond the esercise bike and that was forced. I think smoking had a lot to do with it tho. Not having smoked now for more than 6 years I actually see benfit fast from moving so enjoy it just for it even if I do not see kgs move any faster off :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! EmptyThu 03 Jul 2008, 12:04 am

Hi everyone
I can't believe it, but I've started to walk again.
A few years ago, I used to walk every day. Then I got sick again, and then I put on stacks of weight, and the walking disappeared out the window.
I got a treadmill, but hardly ever got on it.
Yesterday, I got on the treadmill 3 times. I only did 2 minutes at a time, but at least I'm doing it!
And today, at 9am, I've already been on it twice, for 3 minutes each.
As little as 2 weeks ago I'd sit on the lounge and look at the treadmill, thinking I'd get up and do it any minute - and never did.
I know it's early days yet, but I'm very pleased with this small step - and it started from walking around and around the hospital, when I was uncomfortable - which is a tip I got from my fellow sleevers online. So thanks everyone!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Now I can walk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I can walk!   Now I can walk! Empty

Back to top Go down

Now I can walk!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Exercise-
Jump to: