4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Where do I start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do I start?   Where do I start? EmptyFri 30 May 2014, 1:57 pm

Hiya Daini! I don't see why that would be an unrealistic amount of weight to lose, as long as you use the sleeve correctly, and work hard at it!
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Where do I start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do I start?   Where do I start? EmptyFri 30 May 2014, 12:23 pm

Daini I have lost almost 40 and I am 58 so it doesn't come off so fast with some older people but with some of the young ones who had it the same time as me they have lost 60kgs in just 1 year.

You should do an entry in the intro section or general chat especially if and when you get a date.  This section people may not see your post as it is normally where people who are post op make entries although there is a pre op section just up from this one where people discuss there concerns but for some reason this post has ended up in the complication section.  Also when you get your date go into the monthly section and introduce yourself to the people who will be done at the same time as you this is a great section as all of the people in that month will be traveling together on there journey to slimdom.

Good luck and just be truthful with the psychologist they just want to ascertain if you have the right mindset to lose weight without to much stress. As you no doubt know from previous experience dieting is stressful the good part about this op is that it does make a big difference to your mind post op that seems to allow you to diet without the usual desperate feeling that overcome you with a full size stomach.  You may be glad you had a surgeon who asked you to see a psychologist before the op mine didn't and i would have benefited talking to someone prior to surgery as there are many hurdles to jump with your head trying to lead you astray post op the stomach plays the game well but the head is tricky.  Look at the visit as an opportunity not a test.

All the best and welcome.
Back to top Go down
MrMick
Part of the furniture
MrMick

Male
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2014-03-07

Where do I start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do I start?   Where do I start? EmptyThu 29 May 2014, 3:45 am

Hi Daini and welcome to the forum, don't worry too much about the psychologist I haven't even got into mine and I am 7 weeks post op! In regards to the weight loss 30-40 kg is very reasonable, everyone is different of course but you will see many on this forum that have lost that and more.

Best of luck with all your appointments and try not to stress too much :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.lawnmowingbrisbane.com
Dee79

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-04-15

Where do I start? Empty
PostSubject: Where do I start?   Where do I start? EmptyThu 29 May 2014, 3:30 am

Hi Everyone

My name is Daini and this is the first time I've written in any type of forum. I've been sitting back doing my research and reading through posts on here, and think this will be a great support for me. I'm just in the process of making my Dietician and Psychologist appointments prior to my first appointment with the Surgeon. All up it will be nearly 3months I've been waiting to see him so it was suggested I make those other appointments to have the reports to him and possibly decrease my wait time if approved for surgery. EEK!! I'm already worrying about if I say the wrong thing to the psychologist I won't get approved. I have about 30-40kg I'd like to lose and wonder if this is being unrealistic. Any advice will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where do I start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do I start?   Where do I start? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do I start?
Page 1 of 1