Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gold Coast newbie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Gold Coast newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Coast newbie    Gold Coast newbie  EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 12:43 am

I think you need to contact your PHI because I'm pretty sure if you increase your cover by the required time GSS would not require a waiting period. Which means that you could wait a month or two I'd that's what you really want.

I don't think they are permitted under law, to make you re serve a waiting period for something you are already covered for...they can only make you wait for things that you aren't already insured for.

Hope that makes sense. They tried that one on MrMick and not only was he covered for GSS surgery straight away but they gave him a free months premium for upgrading.

Please ring and check.
Back to top Go down
Kadybug

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-04-25

Gold Coast newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Coast newbie    Gold Coast newbie  EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014, 12:07 pm

Hey Ginger chicken,
Continuing feeding bubs is very important to me also and I am praying I will still be able to. My surgeon said he has never had anyone ask him about breastfeeding before but he said to me he sees no reason why I shouldn't be able to. My bubs will be 9mths when I have my surgery and I wish I could wait longer but my PHI is cutting GS from my cover as of july 1st, so unless I up my cover and wait another 12mths I really had no choice.
I have been pumping 1-2 extra feeds a day to freeze but as he is on 3 meals a day now my milk supply doesn't really allow me to pump too much more. Don't want to get an over supply in hosp either and end up with mastitis either.. Hoping I will be able to feed him the day after surgery, (Pending  anaesthetist approval) I will take my pump to hosp and pump when I am upto it.

As for the opti effecting supply, I plan on adding spinach and berries to my opti shakes to boost them and hope for the best. Also will guzzle water like a champ!!!!

My main stress is trying to get him to take the bottle. He flat out refuses it. Little toad. He drinks water from his sippy cup, so I even tried putting it in that and he flung it across the room. lol.
He did take one the other day so I figure he will have to when I am not here.  So fingers crossed. Hopefully I will only be gone 2 nights anyway.
I will keep you updated and let you know how it all pans out.
Dal:)
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2014-01-29

Gold Coast newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Coast newbie    Gold Coast newbie  EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014, 11:18 am

Kadybug,
I just found you on may2014 thread.
I was so excited to read there is another breast feeding mum on here. My bubs will be just 6 months when I have my op.
I too am very anxious and nervous about this... And still haven't completely convinced myself about it.
I thought May might be my month, but it's early June for me.
I too have been pumping, however not sure how much I'll need.... Have you any ideas?

Continuing to breast feed is really important to me. I saw three different surgeons and they all had differing views on it. One said it can't be done. I'd be keen to know what your dr said.
I tried optifast last week and noticed bubs was getting a bit fidgety and feeding more often..... So I'm thinking it was effecting my supply?? I then found another mum on the "breast feeding before and after surgery" thread and she gave me an idea of what her dietician advised for pre-op opti diet. 
Hope things are going well for you 
Ginger
Back to top Go down
Ottopia
Part of the furniture
Ottopia

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Gold Coast newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Coast newbie    Gold Coast newbie  EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014, 10:22 pm

Welcome Kadybug,
Victor did my sleeve three months ago. He is a wonderful man- you are in good hands.
Best of luck with this great journey.

Llyr
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Gold Coast newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Coast newbie    Gold Coast newbie  EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014, 3:08 pm

Hey Kadybug,

Welcome.  I am new too and yet to be sleeved but I can definitely tell you that this site is full of inspirational stories and great information.

I suggest you add optimistic and hopeful to your list of feelings just to balance out the negatives with an equal number of positives, lol.

Cheers,
Wendy :)
Back to top Go down
Kadybug

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-04-25

Gold Coast newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Gold Coast newbie    Gold Coast newbie  EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014, 9:58 am

Hey guys,
Just thought I would pop in and say hi! I am booked in to have a sleeve done  by Dr  Victor Liew on the 21st of May! I start my VLCD on the 7th of May.
I alternate between being excited, scared, nervous and petrified.
I am so excited today though as I have 3 boys, the youngest being only 8 mths and he took a bottle for the first time today! ( he is team boobie) that was one of my main worries  leaving him for 2 nights without feeding! My hubby works away and my mum will have him while I am in hosp and today is the first day he drank a bottle of breast milk.  I have been stocking up on my milk but I am hoping I will be able to feed through this all! 
Anyway love reading about all
Your experiences and just wanted to say hi!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gold Coast newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Coast newbie    Gold Coast newbie  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Coast newbie
Page 1 of 1