Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 2:20 am

I think that everyone's rewards sound great! Good on you all for having lost the weight and for letting yourselves be spoilt a little. It's probably not always been the easiest but worth it in the long run.

When we're in the States in a few months, I'm going to buy lots of new clothes. The difference this time is that I will be able to buy off the rack and know they'll fit as opposed to last time I bought stuff and hadn't been able to wear it for 2 years. Stuffed in the cupboard because I was too ashamed to admit that it didn't fit me. In that time, I had actually got heavier so I never thought I'd wear it but now I wear it with pride :)

The travel itself is such a reward as I'll be able to walk further than before and experience things that without the sleeve and losing the weight, I'd never thought to be possible.

Then there's the Jewellery stores and so on ... I might have to make a reward from one of those ;)
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 11:05 pm

I plan on going on a cruise - where I wont feel self conscious getting through spaces or going on deck.

Also taking the kids back to the gold coast and actually participating in the rides.

And lastly - a diamond pendant type necklace, a real diamond, that I can wear on the chain it comes with. Did someone say Tiffany heart? :D

There will be some little rewards in there too, clothes, massages etc, I do love me some incentive!
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 4:46 pm

Kiah wrote:
Our big plan is to go to South America in a few years time - & I *really* want to be fit & healthy for that, as we are hoping to do the trip independently :)

You will love South America!  It's cheap, people are friendly and so much to see!  Don't take anything of value with you including costume jewellery, even a watch.  The food is fantastic and I was expecting spicy, but it wasn't.  And they don't eat dinner until around 10pm at night.

One thing that amazed me was their body confidence no matter their size - they let it ALL hang out wearing their tiny g-string bikini's no matter how scarred up or saggy.  

OMG, the shoes...... take an extra suitcase!

Don't walk along the beach at night, keep your money against your body not in your pocket/bags, the taxi driver will lock you in until you get to your destination as you will pass fevelas.  Buy a fresh coconut from the street vendors, take sunscreen & hats with you (I couldn't find any over there so lucky I brought plenty).

Be aware, there is extreme poverty, so as you walk out of your 4 star hotel you may see people sleeping rough.  They won't beg for money, put signs up or approach you, but are appreciative if you give a few coins.
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 2:28 am

I have bought myself many rewards along the way clothes the big holiday but truly the greatest rewards as cheesy as it may sound is just looking at myself and liking what I see flabby skin wrinkles and all.  I'm not half bad if I may say so myself.

I think all of us will have that at some stage some sooner some later but it will come.

Goodluck to all.
Back to top Go down
nightowl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-11-10

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014, 2:13 am

Have a blast on hols innerninja & Kiah! And that's a goal to look forward to, fearlessly expecting the regular seatbelt to fit with room to spare! I might have to wait until my giant hernia is repaired before I give away my extender tho.
Back to top Go down
Kiah
Part of the furniture
Kiah

Female
Number of posts : 230

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014, 1:59 am

I'm the same - hubby & I love travel, although we don't get to go nearly as often as I'd like.

We're going on a European river cruise with my folks next year - not something I'd have chosen to do just yet in my life, but mum really wanted to do it for her & dad's 50th wedding anniversary next year. So a huge splurge - I am so looking forward to being able to keep up with my (naturally lean) hubby!

Our big plan is to go to South America in a few years time - & I *really* want to be fit & healthy for that, as we are hoping to do the trip independently :)

Happy travels everyone :)
Back to top Go down
innerninja
innerninja

Female
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014, 1:26 am

I hear you night owl, that is one of my big goals as well, my hubby is annoying naturally thin and fit and we holiday regularly but this time I will be able to keep up with all him. we leave in two weeks for 13 nights in paradise. I am pretty sure the my first photo will be of the seat belt in the plane, you know with belt to spare. Cant wait!
Back to top Go down
nightowl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-11-10

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014, 12:25 am

Great reading everyone's personal goals :-)

I don't really have any plans for rewarding myself, and I haven't set any goals besides being able to keep up with my wonderful hubby when we travel. He's so patient and tolerates my need for frequent rest breaks with good humour. I know he can walk a LOT faster without me (he's waaaaay fitter and a foot taller than me, most of it in leg length) but I know for the last couple of years I have really been slowing us down.

I know this surgery isn't a time machine or a magic wand. I'll be satisfied if I can do things like walk the one and a half, level, beachfront, kilometres between the hotel and aquarium at Waikiki without needing 2 rest breaks (one for shave ice, yummo!). Travel is our passion and I think the trip to Hawaii last year was the tipping point for me, when I finally got my head around the idea that I would soon be basing holiday choices on whether I could handle it (and it could handle me at BMI 60+), rather than whether we really wanted to go there. We don't rough it and I'm a seasoned bariatric traveller (I even have my own seatbelt extension for the plane) but I'm not ready to limit us by my size.

So that will be my reward and hubby's - more stamina to tour the world    Rewards 692790
Back to top Go down
Alana-Kay
Alana-Kay

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-10-02

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptySun 30 Mar 2014, 7:16 pm

Well for me, as soon as I get sleeved and am able to make the trip, I'm going to Tiffany and Co in Brisbane to get a classic heart/locket necklace and will be having my sleeve date engraved on the back. I don't really have incremental loss rewards, I do have an ultimate goal outfit. It's a sexy retro style corset with bows and lace and it's red and black, and to go with it a pair of black jeans. Maybe I should look at setting up small rewards. I'd do clothes but I hopefully wouldn't be staying that size very long before I get to my goal haha
Back to top Go down
http://yourethepretender.blogspot.com.au/
daxxy

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptySun 30 Mar 2014, 2:15 pm

I have a little reward system set up, but at the end of the day I'm aware that I can't actually control the numbers on the scales, so I do rewards after following my weight loss goals for X amount of days.

Once I am sleeved I will say "Okay, when I have eaten protein first every meal, not drank with meals, made a real attempt to get my fluids in, no snacking and have attempted to do some exercise for 14 days in a row I am going to get my next reward"

My rewards are pretty small - A nice soap from Lush, a new OPI nail polish, a magazine, a pedicure, a glasshouse candle, having someone come over to do the cleaning, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014, 4:40 am

Ottopia - You're more than welcome :) I'm glad that reading my journey could help or encourage others.

Wenchiepooh - I love the Opal idea. That sounds like a great reward :)

Part of me wishes I had broken down my goals and given myself little rewards along the way. Now that I'm much closer to my goal weight, I think that being able to buy nice clothes to wear feels like a reward in itself. In saying that, I don't think my bank balance is too pleased!! Haha

Good luck to everyone, I hope you reach your goals and get those rewards, no matter how big or small!
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014, 12:58 am

When I get to 50 kg lost (so soon!) I plan on getting either a necklace or earrings with Opals, as those of us in the October 2013 group called ourselves the October Opals.

When I get to whatever weight I get to (no specific goal weight in mind), I am going to get a new tattoo. I’ve seen one on Pinterest that I really like, but I worry it’s a little too common, so I’ll think of a variation on it.

And when I’ve maintained that new weight, I will have so much lifted and pinned and tucked, that my current belly button will end up being my left nostril. But at least I won’t be looking like this little dude.

Rewards Saggy-baggy-elephant-art
Back to top Go down
Barefoot
Barefoot

Female
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2013-08-09

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014, 12:23 am

I will have to think of some. Hmmm, they have to be cheap too.
Back to top Go down
Jussinger
Jussinger

Female
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-10-20

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014, 9:59 pm

Me too  Rewards 542174
Back to top Go down
Kiah
Part of the furniture
Kiah

Female
Number of posts : 230

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014, 3:01 pm

Oh Ottopia - some really awesome rewards there! Might have to think about setting some for myself.
Back to top Go down
Ottopia
Part of the furniture
Ottopia

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014, 10:08 am

Angel,
since I joined this forum you have been one of my inspirations- just wanted to say thank you....and make sure you do reward yourself- you deserve it!
llyr
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014, 9:23 am

Thanks Swayback and Ottopia for your replies :)

I hope that you do find some rewards for your goals!

The reason I asked this question is that I didn't set myself any mini goals or have any rewards for getting to my goal. I just wanted to get to my goal weight of 90kgs. Meanwhile, I've lost almost 54kgs and am only a few kgs away from being at my goal weight.

Someone asked me today what I was going to do/buy as my reward and then looked shocked when I said I didn't have anything in mind! Haha

For me, it was always about being happier and healthier but I feel that once I get to goal, that losing almost 62 and a half kilos should probably be celebrated!
Back to top Go down

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014, 7:19 am

Hmm, maybe I should reward myself. Cut down the massive goal into small ones so that I feel some kind of accomplishment.

I like handbags......maybe when I reach the 60s I will get a really nice handbag. Excited already!
Back to top Go down
Ottopia
Part of the furniture
Ottopia

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014, 6:55 am

Hi Angel,
I'm new to the self reward thing but here is my list /plans so far.

10kg was a romantic night out (gold star cinemas)
20 kg (coming soon)- new outfit as most of the old clothes are falling off and maybe a weekend in brisbane
30 kg- trip to Tassie (6 days luxury)
40 kg- looking at maybe putting a deposit on an inground pool
50 kg- 70 kg- get that inground pool in so I can swim swim swim!

and the biggest gift to me (by me) of all of them is to have the sleeve and give myself a fighting chance at life and health
cheers
Ottopia

Last edited by Ottopia on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 7:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014, 6:27 am

No, I'm still waiting for my ultimate reward....to be able to walk and not use my wheelchair when I leave the house.

Waiting, waiting, effing waiting.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Rewards   Rewards EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014, 5:48 am

Does anyone have rewards they give themselves for hitting weight loss goals?

Be it big or small, I'd love to know :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewards   Rewards Empty

Back to top Go down

Rewards
Page 1 of 1