AuthorMessage
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2014-01-29

Eating at normal pace??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptySun 23 Mar 2014, 10:09 am

Oh gee,

It seems like a double edged sword huh?

I will say a prayer for you tonight, that your situation improves and things hopefully start to smooth and settle.

I have not a lot of advice to give as I'm not sleeved..... But I am grateful to you for posting with honesty about your issues. It helps us pre sleevers see both sides.

Thank you 
Ginger
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptySun 23 Mar 2014, 6:33 am

Hi Ginger,
To date i have lost 21kgs but i have also been quite ill apart from nausea and reflux i have been battling kidney failure due to a toxic reaction to Nexium....
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2014-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptySun 23 Mar 2014, 6:10 am

Hi CM,

Sorry to hear about all your troubles.... Hoping things improve for you soon.
Just curious, how has your weightloss been?

Ginger
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptySun 23 Mar 2014, 1:45 am

Thanks for the replies.  i have now been eating at a normal pace and find it alot better and my dinner is still warm  at the end which is a bonus. i still find i can only eat between 1/2 to 3/4 at each meal so hoping that improves.

for someone who used to love food, food is now a challenge
xxx
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptySun 23 Mar 2014, 1:19 am

I don't eat super slow but I don't eat as quickly as I used to either.

Certain foods fill me up (Bread, rice, pasta) and much like others here, I tend to only eat them as sometimes foods.

For the most part, I wouldn't be able to get a cup of food in. Maybe over a couple of hours but I tend to have my meal, and discard whatever I don't eat or save it for another meal.

I don't tend to snack so I try to eat 3 good meals a day, protein first and get plenty of fluids in :)
Back to top Go down
Me

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2013-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014, 6:41 am

Hi Changedmind

Im 9 weeks post op. 

No I can't eat at a steady pace like I used to before surgery. However I do eat a lot of soup and stew in slow cooker but I don't tend to wait 60-90 seconds. I just eat the next mouthful when I'm ready. 
I can eat 1-2 cup full per time with this type of food. 

If I try to eat bread, pasta or "heavy/dry" food I find after a couple of spoonfuls eaten veeeeery slowly and I'm full. I might put my bowl down and then pick it up to eat some more later.

Funny thing is Im fine through the day but come evening meal I can't eat so tend to wash dishes while family eat then after about 7.30 I have my evening meal (weird but it is working for me). 

Hope that helps

Me
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014, 3:54 am

Hi I am 14 months sleeved and I eat at a normal pace. No one would know I am sleeved by the speed I eat. 

today have B: had 1.5 weetbix with skim milk L; poached chicken with mixed salad a small bowl D: Will be meatballs with veg or salad.  I will have 1 to 2 cups of coffee and some yogurt and fruit or maybe cheese and crackers. Have have been more hungry lately and need to up my protein. i have been at goal since End of Nov starting at 108kg now sitting at 69.5kg.  Hope this helps

Bread , rice and pasta fill me  quickly so only eat it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
minniemouse

Female
Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014, 3:45 am

Hi ChangedMind - I can eat at a normal pace, one mouthful at a time and yes I chew my food but its not slow and not fast.
It really depends for me on what food I do eat as to how much I can have.
Generally if I'm in a restaurant I can barely get through an entree - perhaps the food is too rich, I'm not sure but I eat very little and generally feel quite uncomfortable and sometimes have to go throw up. As an ex-bander throwing up doesn't bother me so much, so I'll opt to get it out rather than keep it in.

When at home I can definitely eat more than 1 cup full. In fact today is a perfect example.

Breakfast was 1 slice of rye toast with cottage cheese ( I feel very full after that)

Lunch is 1 soft boiled egg and 1.5 cups of salad (roughly as I don't measure) - I chop cucumber, cabbage, capsicum, corn and tomato into very small pieces then put fresh lemon juice and teaspoon of olive oil with salt and pepper. But its a fair amount and probably won't finish it so it will end up being 1 cups worth but will now probably pick at it over the course of the afternoon

Dinner will be about 80grams of steak and another cup of salad.

That's a lot for the day - no snacks in between but if i get peckish I'll have a cup of tea or maybe some fresh blueberries.

I have found the fresher and "cleaner" the food is the easier is it to eat. I still haven't tried pasta yet and the 2 times I tried rice weren't very good so I avoid it. Bread is heavy and I'll give it up over winter and substitute porridge for brekkie instead.

Hope that helps xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014, 2:48 am

I'm 13? Weeks post op and no way could I eat a cup of food. Maybe a quarter of a cup or less most of the time maybe a bit more with a slider food.

Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PostSubject: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014, 1:40 am

Hi to all,
Can anyone tell me if they can eat at normal pace, I don't mean scoff - just chew a mouthful and then put in another mouthful.  I find it very hard to sit there of an evening and chew a mouthful and then wait 60-90 seconds before I have another not to mention my dinner is cold by the end of it.  I do eat off a bread and butter plate and use normal utensils.

On another note I am 9 weeks post op and still am not eating anywhere near a cup of food at each meal, does anyone else at this stage find it difficult to eat a cup full????  I am scared eating that much will make me sick and vomit and I don't want that 'I've eaten too much feeling'

Thanks xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating at normal pace???   Eating at normal pace??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating at normal pace???
Page 1 of 1