AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

eating normal as advised?? :0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013, 11:56 am

Lettuce can be really hard to digest for awhile as it's quite "fibrous" (pretty sure that's the well).

It doesn't digest too well in the tiny tum, so if you have issues maybe steer clear of it for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Chicko baby

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013, 11:24 am

Hey hellokitty :)

Yes I have been following you on the weekly weigh ins :) we are very much the same!!

I just went out for dinner with mates and I had about 4-5 fork full (adverage meal for me) of chic ceaser salad n I feel so yuck! Though by having a salad I'd be safe! Think I may stick to my more mushy food for a bit longer!
Back to top Go down
Hellokitty1
Hellokitty1

Female
Registration date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

Hi Chicko ... we are twins -sleeved on the same date! You are going really well.

I would listen to your surgeon over the dietician. A surgeon has studied for over 12-15 years ... a dietician 4yrs maybe. Everyone is on individual eating/exercise plans as such and it can get scary when you read posts on this site and start comparing who ate what when to your own diet.

I'm on soft foods for three more weeks - which isn't too bad as I can eat anything soft that I can chew into a paste before swallowing.

My surgeon told me I could start swimming at the two week mark so I have been enjoying a 30min walk/swim in the pool of a week day since then too.
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013, 12:36 pm

Chicko baby wrote:
Sorry start of week 5 was sleeved on the 22nd

I am on the mushy stage until 6 weeks......then can start to slowly intro solids.....with 8 weeks back to normal.......no need to do it if you aren't comfortable.....

Sara x
Back to top Go down
Chicko baby

Female

PostSubject: Re: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013, 12:33 pm

Sorry start of week 5 was sleeved on the 22nd
Back to top Go down
Chicko baby

Female

PostSubject: Re: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013, 4:09 am

wow your loss is amazing well done!!!!

thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013, 4:02 am

Week 5 I was still on soft foods.

Ideally if your surgeon has given you the go ahead for normal foods, you can.

If you don't feel comfortable, there's nothing saying you have to.
Back to top Go down
Chicko baby

Female

PostSubject: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013, 3:09 am

Im 5 weeks out today exzactly, I went for my dr check up 2 days ago and he told me to go back to normal. Plenty of excersice and eat what ever i wa no restrictions. I said oh my dietition has me on soft mush food and both he and his nurse said nar you dont need to worry about that now go back to normal eating your out of risk catagory now and should be well healed!

I know he is a dr and dose this every day but am a tad concerned!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eating normal as advised?? :0   eating normal as advised?? :0 Empty

Back to top Go down

eating normal as advised?? :0
Page 1 of 1