Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oiskinny

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-02-08

Women's clothes sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's clothes sizes   Women's clothes sizes EmptySat 08 Feb 2014, 4:19 am

Can you sew or know anyone who can sew?  I don't want to spend a lot of money on work clothes that aren't going to fit me for very long (hopefully) so have been making easy alterations to skirts, pants and blouses by sewing along the side seams. Perfect when you are in-between sizes.  If you can't sew, you can ring up a church office and ask if they have a craft group.  Someone is bound to sew there and will be glad to assist you for free without question when you explain your situation.   Do they have elastic in the waist?  Can you tighten the elastic?

If you  have trouble trying on clothes in store, maybe buying clothes with elastane in them so they have a little "give" in them then sizing won't be crucial or uncomfortable. 

All probably dumb answers but I hope they help a little.
Back to top Go down
JolieC

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Women's clothes sizes   Women's clothes sizes EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014, 11:35 am

wow Swayback, what a great achievement so far! That's awesome!

What about Autograph? They go from size 14 (I just checked that out online, though man I'm looking forward to those teen numbers!) and because they are designed for the fuller figure perhaps they might work? they usually have sales going, and you can always order online if it were more convenient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Women's clothes sizes   Women's clothes sizes EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014, 4:09 am

I've lost exactly 15 kgs since pre op diet.

I have not dropped a dress size. I was 18 at 90.7 and I'm 18 at 75.7

How does that work?

I can get into 16 pants but they are uncomfortable, whereas my 18 pants are getting way too big. In fact because I don't have a lot of sensation due to my Neuro disease, I didn't realise I was walking into my house with my walker the other day and the ambulance officer ran over and told me my pants had fallen down exposing my underwear clad bum  Women's clothes sizes 427584 

How embarrassment!

Are there any shops that are known for selling larger size 16s? I can't try clothes on in the shops because of my wheelchair so clothes shopping is very hit and miss.

I don't want to spend a lot of money because I'm hoping to lose a lot more weight yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women's clothes sizes   Women's clothes sizes Empty

Back to top Go down

Women's clothes sizes
Page 1 of 1