Dafstar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JolieC

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Newbie to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 9:20 am

Dafstar, hope you are able to find something to take care of your cramping colicy sensation. 
Not chewing I think would be hard...chewing gum sounds like a great solution. But yeah, no swallowing, ha!
Back to top Go down
Dafstar

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 12:56 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments. Day 7 today still having that cramping feeling occasionally. Tolerating the liquid diet but would dearly love to have that "chewing feeling" thinking I may have to get hold of some chewing gum but not swallowing it......
Back to top Go down
Nhat77

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 6:28 pm

Hi Dafstar,
I had Colic post op too - for about 2 mmonths. The cramping was terrible! Buscopan worked best for me. Tiny tablets so easy to take early on.
Nhat x
Back to top Go down
merrymaiden

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: Im a newbie too    Newbie to the forum EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 12:30 pm

Hi everyone just wanted to say im really happy i found the "Gastric Sleeve Support" its fantastic.
Im located in WA and im thinking of getting the sleeve.  Im currently with hbf im just wondering is any health provider that covers all of the expenses with no out of pocket??
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 1:53 am

Oh geez I really hope I don't end up lactose intolerant...... that would crush me. The one thing I am hanging out for when opti finishes is a skinny latte

Oh please gastric sleeve gods.... don't ruin me dream LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 1:17 am

I found that I became lactose intolerant after surgery. Anything milky and I had stomach cramps. I changed to Zymil milk and it's all good now.
Back to top Go down
Alicia/rose

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 12:17 am

Dafstar wrote:
Hi everyone I have just undergone gastric sleeve surgery. Operated on Tuesday 21st and home on Thursday 23rd. All went very well. I was quiet surprised that I was not in a great deal of pain immediately post operatively. Was up walking that night to the toilet and back pushing the IVTherapy. Preop Diet I had a daily allowance of 3 kickstart meal replacements and could also have  1 cup of low fibre vegetables and 1 cup of berries. Total weight loss for the 2 weeks was 8 kilos. Great start for me as being in my 50s it's very hard to loose. 2 yrs ago was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 and really looking forward to loosing my weight for this to go into remission. Im now having 2 weeks of liquids taking approx 100 -150 mls over 30 mins. I am finding at the end of the day I start getting cramp like pains ( they come in waves) ??? Colic does anyone else experience this. I have had my bowels opened and I'm not constipated. Look forward to further chats Tracey

Welcome to GSS, I haven't under my surgery yet it's the 8th March, but I've heard that cramps your experiencing are very common, not sure what causes it but might have to do with the combination of your body adjusting to very little food (hunger pains) and acid build up. For colic I heard a dissolvable de-gas is really good.  I look forward to hearing more of your journey. 

Alicia
Back to top Go down
Dafstar

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-01-25

PostSubject: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm

Hi everyone I have just undergone gastric sleeve surgery. Operated on Tuesday 21st and home on Thursday 23rd. All went very well. I was quiet surprised that I was not in a great deal of pain immediately post operatively. Was up walking that night to the toilet and back pushing the IVTherapy. Preop Diet I had a daily allowance of 3 kickstart meal replacements and could also have 1 cup of low fibre vegetables and 1 cup of berries. Total weight loss for the 2 weeks was 8 kilos. Great start for me as being in my 50s it's very hard to loose. 2 yrs ago was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 and really looking forward to loosing my weight for this to go into remission. Im now having 2 weeks of liquids taking approx 100 -150 mls over 30 mins. I am finding at the end of the day I start getting cramp like pains ( they come in waves) ??? Colic does anyone else experience this. I have had my bowels opened and I'm not constipated. Look forward to further chats Tracey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie to the forum
Page 1 of 1