3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reshers73
Reshers73

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-03-25

Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne   Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015, 6:03 am

Hi WillowGirl,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sorry I haven't joined you on Facebook. The truth of the matter is only my parents and husband know about my operation, and I'm keeping it from all the rest of my family and friends on Facebook. I don't want anyone else to accidentally find out because they see which groups I am registered to on Facebook. Hope you understand.

I feel like I will get all the support I need from this forum. Everyone is so understanding, and eager to help. It's only been a few days, but I am definitely feeling the love :)

Look forward to sharing more.

R
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Welcome Reshers   Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015, 6:00 am

Welcome Reshers, I too started off at 102 and was operated on in Melbourne. I will look forward to following your journey. If you Facebook feel free to look me up : Willowgirl Cam, it is an account with only Sleeved people on there. Would love to chat to you some more.

Hi Dayle xxxx
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne   Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015, 3:52 am

Woohoo...you're on your way :)

I don't know if I'd say you're being impatient as such, it's in all of us, LOL...but be aware that some people don't lose after surgery for a few weeks.  I had a friend have the sleeve and she didn't lose anything for 6 weeks.  For me, it started doing my head in weighing daily so I now have an 'official' weigh in day once a week (it is hard to stick to though, I do tend to cheat and look at least one extra time during the week!).  It's really interesting as by weighing weekly and charting it I can actually see how my weight loss slows right down for one week during my cycle...it's astonishing all the things that affect weight loss.

If you haven't already, you should check out the March sleevers page...they're going through the same things as you are in the same time period, I found it really helpful connecting with people that were sleeved the same time period as I had mine done.  Also, there's been some talk lately on Melbourne catch ups so keep an eye out for those if you want to meet other local sleevers.

See you round the forum.

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
Reshers73
Reshers73

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-03-25

PostSubject: Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne   Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015, 2:41 am

Hi All,

I was sleeved in Melbourne on 7 March. Stayed in ICU for 24 hours due to a low heart rate, and in the ward for another 3 nights. No complications and a fairly straightforward recovery, I was off all pain killers within 10 days, even Panadol.

I am really looking forward to being part of this forum and being supported and providing support to others.

My starting weight was 102kgs. After doing the two week pre-op OPTIFAST diet, I was down to 97kgs on the day of the surgery. The scales showed no weight loss for the first week, though I could feel it in my waist. Lost 3 kgs in the second week, but have lost nothing in the last 4 days. Not sure if I'm being impatient?

Have my first post surgery appointment with the dietician tomorrow. Look forward to reporting back.

Here's to the journey to the new me, and the new you :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne   Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

Joining this forum today - newbie from Melbourne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: