spazzi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spazzi

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-09-08

18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyMon 03 Feb 2014, 10:47 pm

joeylfg wrote:
Hi Spazwok

You must feel like you are on the road well & true my now ... Good on you!

I am off to the Peninsular Private next Wednesday for the info night & my appt with Mr Draper the following week. 

I am excited about the future that awaits but nervous at the same time! :-)

Cheers Jo
I really do feel like I'm on the way! Especially today because I am starting my pre op diet. 

Good luck with the info session, keep us posted with what you decide. 

If you want to follow my progress you can via my blog:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
joeylfg
joeylfg

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2014-01-20

PostSubject: Great to read you are on the way!    18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 12:33 pm

Hi Spazwok

You must feel like you are on the road well & true my now ... Good on you!

I am off to the Peninsular Private next Wednesday for the info night & my appt with Mr Draper the following week. 

I am excited about the future that awaits but nervous at the same time! :-)

Cheers Jo
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female
Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2014-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 6:27 am

I use optislim as I find optifast too sweet.

The key for me is ice cold water and ice
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 4:55 am

Wow congrats! That's a fantastic effort. Just tried my first optifast shake it's not as nice as tony ferguson. But I'll get used to it!
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 1:37 am

Yes, I lost 2.5 kgs  week I and 2.7 kgs week 2 total 5.2 kgs.

plus I lost 2 kgs when I weened off caffeine.

only a couple of kgs to go to the 10 they wanted and I still have 7 weeks. A good start to my new life.
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm

Hey! I haven't started my pre op diet yet, I have to do it for 6 weeks and have my appointment with the dietician on Tuesday. Have you lost any weight in those two weeks Ruth? Glad to hear you are doing well on it.

I'll give you an update after my appointment on Tuesday! Xx
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 1:06 pm

Hi Spazwok

Have you started your pre op diet yet? I am being sleeved by Geoffrey Draper on 14th March (at Epworth Eastern) an I have completed 2 weeks already.

Its not too bad and with the extra protein and vegies it is heaps easier.

Let me know how you are going.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 3:21 am

Thank you spazwok!!

I was operated on at Peninsula Private, love the place and the staff, they are all lovely there.

For me, the most difficult thing so far was the week or so when I did not want to eat at all. There was no desire for food, and I had to force myself to eat. It was a very confusing time (and looking back at my diary, looks like that was about a month post op).

Number two on the list is a thing happening at the moment, and that is struggling to get enough calories in per day so that my body doesn't go into starvation mode and keep hold of as much fat as possible! It sounds mind boggling doesn't it? Still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that Queen Binge has these issues with food! I'm sure I'll get smacked by the dietician at next week's appointment.

Six weeks seems like a lifetime, but in the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that bad. Just a minor blip! Are they allowing you extra protein? I was allowed 80 grams I think, on top of the 3-4 Opti and the veggies. Only needed more than two Opti per day maybe 4 times in total. Made a lot of chicken soups, and casserole-y type things.
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 3:05 am

wilkiebarkid wrote:
Hi Spazwok,

I am also being sleeved by Mr Draper, although not until the 10th of June (ahhh the long wait for Private Health Insurance)

Congratulations on getting your date, I look forward to following your progress.

Laura!

18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital 65317
Congrats on getting your date! That's super exciting. I'll def keep you posted with my progress.
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 3:04 am

Wenchiepooh wrote:
Hi spazwok!

Geoff did mine a couple of months ago. You're in amazing hands, I love him, and his team so much!
Your progress is amazing! Congrats :) Have you found anything particularly difficult? Did you get operated on at peninsula private? 

I start my 6 week pre-op diet at the end of January and I am starting to get nervous.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptySun 05 Jan 2014, 4:48 am

Hi spazwok!

Geoff did mine a couple of months ago. You're in amazing hands, I love him, and his team so much!
Back to top Go down
Lessforme

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-11-21

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptySun 05 Jan 2014, 2:01 am

Hi Spazwok

Nice to meet a fellow march sleever I'm getting done on 3rd march in Newcastle

Please pop over to the march group! The more the merrier
Back to top Go down
wilkiebarkid
Part of the furniture
wilkiebarkid

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2013-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptySat 04 Jan 2014, 6:47 am

Hi Spazwok,

I am also being sleeved by Mr Draper, although not until the 10th of June (ahhh the long wait for Private Health Insurance)

Congratulations on getting your date, I look forward to following your progress.

Laura!

18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital 65317
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female

PostSubject: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 4:15 am

Hi All

I'm booked in for surgery on the 18th of March at the Peninsula Private Hospital with Geoffrey Draper. I am excited but very nervous, as I will soon be starting the Optifast diet. 

This forum is a great source of information. 

Spazwok

Current weight: 185kgs
Height: 181cm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital   18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

18th of March - Geoffrey Draper - Peninsula Private Hospital
Page 1 of 1