AuthorMessage
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

Surgery booked for 17th of Feb but wobbling on the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery booked for 17th of Feb but wobbling on the decision   Surgery booked for 17th of Feb but wobbling on the decision EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 5:08 am

leelee - Hi there and I'm so happy for you that you are considering surgery for your weight issues. I can't really give any advice with your fitness question except to say that I have lost around 17.5kgs so far in my journey and everything is easier for me. I've never participated in a half marathon but I can only imagine that since you are doing that now, if you lose say 50kgs then it's gotta be easier, than how you are feeling now - think of your joints!

Please don't talk yourself out of this great opportunity, I'm so glad that I have had my surgery, yeah it's not easy and there are some things that come up along the way but overall it's been great.
Back to top Go down
Leelee10

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-12-04

Surgery booked for 17th of Feb but wobbling on the decision Empty
PostSubject: Surgery booked for 17th of Feb but wobbling on the decision   Surgery booked for 17th of Feb but wobbling on the decision EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013, 10:43 pm

Hi,
I have surgery booked for the 17th of FEb.

I have 50-60 kgs to loose but no other weight issues (yet).

I currently walk / shuffle half marathons and have a place to do the NYC marathon in November next year. What i haven't been able to find is if the sleeve surgery will restrict being able to do these longer events? On the positive side it woudl be alot easier with 40-50 kgs gone.......does anyone have any experience of longer fitness events after surgery and any issues they encountered?

This may be a way of me trying to talk myself out of surgery but I really want to know if it can be done.

Thanks
A very nervous Leanne
Back to top Go down

Surgery booked for 17th of Feb but wobbling on the decision
Page 1 of 1