Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee_

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-08

I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.    I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 11:52 pm

Thanks so much for this info, Kate, skinny mamma, margd & Liesel.

Since posting this I have actually been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (sudden onset only 3 weeks ago), I am 40. I am now even more determined to do something about my weight and health. The RA pain is excruciating, particularly on weight bearing joints. Ealry days, but rather than being devastated at such a quick turn of events in my life I am using it to springboard me into the next chapter - ThE Healthy ME!!!

will start a diary here, if I can figure out how to!!

thanks again ladies

Dee
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.    I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 8:58 pm

I went to Craig Taylor at The OClinic. The whole team there as a package are phenominal. Nothing is ever a problem and they all extremely helpful. Dr Taylor operates out of The Mater at Woolstencraft, near his rooms, The San and Concord.
Back to top Go down
skinnymamma
skinnymamma

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-12-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.    I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 1:26 pm

I had my sleeve surgery with Dr Brancatisano from circle of care in April this year. I told him in my first appointment that I wanted the sleeve and had absolutely no objections to it. I got the feeling that he does more sleeves than band at the moment.
It cost $4950 which included op, anatheist, theatre, all my pre and post op appointments, dietician, psychologist and Physiotherapist. And as a Bupa member I only paid the excess for the hospital stay and everything else was covered by PH fund.
As for Dr B, I can't recommend him highly enough, but you need to meet who ever doctor you choose and see if you feel comfortable with him/her or not.
Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: CL   I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 9:10 am

I had my op with Dr Taylor thats Oclinic he is great,be worth getting information from there.
Back to top Go down
Liesel
Liesel

Female
Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.    I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 6:21 am

Hi Dee :)

I am going to see Dr Brancatisano at Circle of Care and I am wanting to go the road of a sleeve :)

I have spoken to a few people on here who had their sleeve done by Dr B and have all great stories to tell me about him and their experience with Circle of Care and The Norwest Private Hospital !!

My first appointment with him is not until the beginning of September ..... seems to me like this wait is going to take forever !! :( But I will be able to tell you more once I have had my appointment with them

One thing I can say is that when they sent me the info I had said that I was more interested in the band because I didn't know much about the sleeve procedure but they sent me all of the info on both procedures and really it was their info that made me change my mind on the band and go for the sleeve !!

I hope this helps !!

Cheers,

L :)
Back to top Go down
http://itsjustmeliesel.blogspot.com.au/
Dee_

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.    I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 6:08 am

Hi All,

I am so glad I stumbled across your forum. I am currently investigating sleeving (or banding), and am wanting to see which Dr is my area might give an objective view on what is more appropriate for my situation. I have seen the Circle of Care website at Baulkham Hills, but they seem very pro-banding. I know it is my decision, but I am keen to see a Dr who will be able to look at my situation and present all my options, and then obviously do a brilliant job!

How long from making the first appointment until surgery? (I need to time it to coincide with school holidays).

I have private health cover, need to find out how much I will get back (top level with BUPA for 10 years, so should be ok), but what am I looking at here? I am going to bring this up with my wonderful husband on the weekend, need to gather as much info as possible.

I think all my other questions have been addressed in other threads, thanks again for a wonderful (if not a bit purple!) forum

Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.    I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm looking for Sydney (Hills/Hornsby) Dr that will guide me through the surgery decision.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: