QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptySun 25 Jan 2015, 9:31 am

I'm guessing you'd need to reapply but call your super fund and see what they say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
SammyJ

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-06-19

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptySun 25 Jan 2015, 9:00 am

Hey guys do you know after we get approval how long you have to then send the form to the super company? i got approved about 7 months ago but was not ready for the surgery but now i am afraid that i have left it too late.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2013-12-03

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyTue 04 Feb 2014, 10:12 pm

It definitely counts as income for tax purpose. I have statements from my two super funds that are basically like group certificates . Hopefully the tax offset we get from medical expenses also helps
Back to top Go down
Glenice

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-01-07

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyTue 04 Feb 2014, 9:59 pm

YAY - after much sweating and worrying and provision of more informaton - Super release approved.  Then papers sent to super fund to release money and it landed in my account on the 29th Jan - woo hoo!!!!

Am sooooo relieved.  Down side is - they took nearly $5k in tax out of it so instead of just the $18250 for the surgery, a total of nearly $23 000 has been taken from my super fund.  Silly me - didnt realise that was going to happen, not that it would have stopped me goinfg this way, I already have a repayment schedule in place to pay additional money into my super fund to replace it.  It just seems REALLY unfair - we pay taxes on the money we earn, and the super money is there to prevent us from sponging on the govt when retirement comes, but they tax it if you take it out to use it for something that will take the burden off the health system in the long run.  There is something seriously WRONG with our super in Australia.

So does anyone know if you have to declare that on your tax as 'income'?? I know you can claim excessive medical costs during the reporting period on your tax and get a nice refund (although from what I've worked out its not even as much as teh tax that has been taken out).

So my next milestone is to see my surgeon Dr Chau on 25th Feb for my last consult before surgery.

I'm also going to check if I can get a carer's leave for my hubby to pick me up from hospital, he has to work and I'd have to travel back from Sydney to Kiama post op otherwise.  Has anyone else had to do this?  Will doctors give you a 'note' saying a carer is required post op or something similar??
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 2:25 am

No not at all! I have been doing ginger and basil stir frys with cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, leek, tomato, zucchini, snow peas and boc choy with a little soy sauce and some vegetable stick and they are so filling and delicious! 

I also make sure I have diet jelly at all times made up if I need a splurge
Back to top Go down
Glenice

Female

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 2:06 am

Thanks Miss Nik

I should be more positive...I have actually tried 1 meal a day of optifast shake for the last 3 days - used it at work for lunch because it was easy and I wanted to see if I liked the taste etc  and I have to admit it was satisfying and I didnt go looking for something else to eat.  Being busy at work also helps lol.

Yes I keep forgetting about the veggies that we can eat as well.  I have visions of 3 liquid meals a day and that 's it, but it isnt.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 2:04 am

Great news about the super Glenice! It's a huge relief I am sure! 
Don't think of the opti phase as hell - it's not that bad! The veggies and jelly are a lifesaver! I have even got my family eating my non meat stir fry and they are enjoying it! 
Back to top Go down
Glenice

Female

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 1:51 am

Wooooooo Hoooooooooo Super Approved...wow that rhymes - i'm a poet and I dont know it. lol

Anyway - after them asking for more information and me having to itemise down to the cost of newspapers and occasional lotto tickets, dry cleaning ( of doonahs) and the cat food (I kid you not) our monthly expenses to demonstrate that no, we don't have $18000 sitting languishing idley in our bank account, no we cannot afford to pay for this surgery ourselves......they approved the application.

Now only have to send YET ANOTHER form to my Super fund WITh the approval letter, so they can actually release the money..

I think 2014 is going to my year.... Sleeve surgery on 22nd March, Optimax hell starting 3 weeks before that

I am on my way!!!
Back to top Go down
swann_k
swann_k

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-11-14

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 8:05 am

Good luck xo
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 6:19 am

That's great news! I will be sending mine in next week. How long did it take?
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 2:54 am

Woohoo! Well done! Approved 446871
Back to top Go down
swann_k
swann_k

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-11-14

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Approved   Approved EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 12:23 am

My super was approved this morning... I am so excited - Getting sleeved in New Year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approved   Approved Empty

Back to top Go down

Approved
Page 1 of 1