4 posters
AuthorMessage
spargles
spargles

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-07-30

How much should I be drinking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much should I be drinking?   How much should I be drinking? EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 10:12 am

Thanks for all the tips! I just want to know I'm on the right track and not over or under doing it. 

I've managed an optifast shake with benefibre in it and a little bit of a musashi protein shake so far today. Slowly starting to get used to the different feelings of fullness in my tummy I think. I noticed its hard to sip first thing in the morning then gets easier as the day goes on. I knew it would be challenging but I'm starting to realise this experience can be a huge psychological challenge. Like being mindful of fullness and not just gulping away. Still feeling very positive. They're all changes I needed! :)

Mandy I hope your nausea passes soon! That must be awful
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: How much should I be drinking?   How much should I be drinking? EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 7:16 am

Mandy,

That nausea does pass. I had it for about the first 5 weeks and was a bit worried everything was going to make me ill for ever but it abated pretty quick.

Tara
Back to top Go down
MandyShy

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-06-17

PostSubject: Re: How much should I be drinking?   How much should I be drinking? EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:36 am

Hi Spargles,
I'm 3 weeks post op and it does get easier, just manage what you can. Thats what I was told. I've lost 9kgs already which I am really pleased with as its 3 weeks to the day since my surgery. My only complication is this last week or so everything I pretty much take in make me REALLY Nauseous, the only "drink" im finding is ok is watermelon, strawberry orange and blueberry done in my bullet blender that doesn't give me too much grief.
This aparently is a side effect to having the sleeve, some feel it some don't, I just am unfortunately as I HATE that feeling. I'm told it does subside though, not soon enough though I say.
Good luck!

Mandy
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

PostSubject: Re: How much should I be drinking?   How much should I be drinking? EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:22 am

Hi spargles,

Please don't feel pathetic for asking such a question. I had the same problem when I was first sleeved.

Everyone seems to be different but I really struggled with the fluid intake for a while after. The advice was that to keep sipping all throughout the day and if you can't manage cool water, try it at room tempurature or add some diet cordial or juice like tara suggested.

Once I got in to see my Dietician again, she suggested that I try for 1Ltr but as long as I kept sipping, and not within 30mins before/after a meal, I should be fine.

Now I can drink around 1.2Ltrs (2 x 600ml bottles) without too much worry but I have to keep reminding myself to drink or I'd forget to drink at all!

Good luck with it all and know that it does get better :)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: How much should I be drinking?   How much should I be drinking? EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 2:46 am

Hiya Spargles,

Plain water is somehow a bit harder to get down. Try adding a tiny bit of diet cordial or juice to your water to make it easier to get down.

Also you are still in the very early days, the fluid will get easier to get enough in but keep sipping and just get as much as you can in for now.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
spargles
spargles

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: How much should I be drinking?   How much should I be drinking? EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 2:32 am

I'm 3 days post op and get tightness with every sip so I'm having trouble knowing when to stop because I feel full all the time. I've also read through a few things and the info my dietician gave says u should have about 600ml per day but other books etc say 1.5 liters per day. I think I've just had information overload and now I'm confused. I guesstimated that I had 800ml yesterday but not sure if that's too much or too little. 

Just want some advice on what kind of volumes to aim for because I'm worried ill over do it and cause damage.

Sorry I feel pathetic for asking something I should really know but my brain doesn't want to work today! :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much should I be drinking?   How much should I be drinking? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much should I be drinking?
Page 1 of 1