Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinytum81

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-02-15

2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op   2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 10:57 am

No I have not measured myself at all, probably a good idea though.
Back to top Go down
Tinytum81

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op   2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 10:55 am

Hi There,
I jumped on the scales this week and lost 2kgs - woo hoo. I also saw the dietician who said I was doing everything right and to just hang in and keep going (not that we have a choice now ha ha).
I also worry that I am eating too much or not enough, I don't know, I am very confused about it all. I am hoping it gets easier and I won't worry so much as time goes on.
Tinytum
Back to top Go down
mez4prez

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: 2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op   2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013, 11:25 am

I am also worried about this. I had my operation on 12/2 and haven't really lost a lot of weight... I'm thinking that maybe I am eating too much or not eating the right foods. It is a constant battle in my head with food- on the one hand I am not eating anywhere near the amount I used to eat before the operation and on the other hand in my mind (because I am always full) I feel like I am still eating too much!!

I made some sweet potato and potato mash, made it really mushy with lots of milk- I could only take about 3-4 teaspoons before getting full, but I still felt like I overate and then when my weight didn't shift on the scales on my weigh day I blamed the overeating (even though its not overeating to a normal person)... I am thinking of seeing a psychologist to help me with my food battle as I don't want to fall into the same patterns again.

Just a question though- did you measure yourself? Sometimes the weight falls off but not on the scales- it usually shows in measurements..

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in seeing positive results on the scales post op.

Good luck with it though.. hope you start seeing some results soon.

Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op   2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 10:19 am

Completely normal.

You're still healing right now, so don't stress about the weight loss.

When you start back on solids at around 6-8 weeks, your weight will start to go down again because you're getting a lot more solid protein, if not sooner.

In the mean time, make sure you're getting around 2 litres of fluid a day with as much protein as possible.
Back to top Go down
Tinytum81

Female

PostSubject: 2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op   2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 8:23 am

Hi all,
I am 3.5 weeks post op and have not lost 1gm in the last 2 weeks, I am the exact same weight. I am struggling a bit with this as I am doing everything right just not seeing any results. Is this normal so early on? Any thoughts/ideas would really be appreciated.
Cheers
Tinytum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op   2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op Empty

Back to top Go down

2 week plateau, 3.5 weeks post op
Page 1 of 1