7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishtar
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptySat 13 Oct 2012, 11:07 am

Another dr Greenslade patient here. Feel free to read my diary. Link below. I tried to write about my hospital experience rather indepth so anyone about to have surgery would have an idea of what to expect. Your in good hands. Best if luck on your journey.
Back to top Go down
5M1THY
5M1THY

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptySat 13 Oct 2012, 12:34 am

Hi Juls,

It is reassuring to hear that the nurse were great. I am hoping to set a date in December so fingers crossed he will be available. How did you find the period of no eating after the surgery?

Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012, 9:46 am

Hi there,

I was sleeved at greenslopes. It was excellent, the nurses where great. I have no problems about going there again if needed. I got the date I wanted for surgery because I needed one close to the school holidays for my 3 kids and i needed to stay in brisvegas for the 2 week post op period - I live 22 hours by road or 2.5 by jet. I think he usually has about at 1 month wait period from consult to sleeve.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Back to top Go down
5M1THY
5M1THY

Male

PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 11:54 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I think i have made the right decision to go with Dr Greenslade. Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  314541

Juls 77: It is great to hear you had a positive experience :-) 10 Kilo's is a great start well done :-) Did you get sleeved at Greenslopes Private Hospital? If so what did you think of the nurses? Did you get the date you wanted for surgery or did you have to wait awhile to have it?

Tumultuous-tara: I have heard a lot of people going from the band to the sleeve. Have you had lots of trouble with the band? It is a shame you are on the Monday hahaha Brenda has been fantastic especially with providing me with lots of information.

Mezzalini: I am hearing a lot of people are very happy with Dr Greenslade but i am very nervous at the moment but am looking forward to being sleeved provided he doesn't for see any issues. Did you get sleeved at Greenslopes Private Hospital? If so what did you think of the nurses? Did you get the date you wanted for surgery or did you have to wait awhile to have it?
Back to top Go down
mezzalini
mezzalini

Female
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 12:27 pm

CONGRATS on your decision to sleeve Smithy

Iwas sleeved by Justin in June. I don't have a bad word to say about him. He is economical with his words but will happily answer any questions put to him.

I'm really happy with my results considering I did my knee 2 weeks out for surgery and have only been able to start exercise in the past couple of weeks.

I am lovin my sleeve and head back to see the doc on Monday for my 4 month check up.
Back to top Go down
Jatt4

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 12:13 pm

I saw Dr Greenslade today and go in for sleeve on Monday! So excited :)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 10:32 am

Hiya Smithy,

I've had 2 of Dr G's bands. And gearing up for a sleeve woo hoo! Booked in to see him on the 22nd - bummer we coulda sized each other up in the waiting room. lol)

You'll love Dr G and Brenda his receptionist.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 10:26 am

Hi smithy,

I was sleeved by dr greenslade on 19 September - 3 weeks ago. So far so good. I did have awful vomiting for 3 days but once passed have had nothing. Poor dr had given me every drug possible I just had to ride it out. He checked on me every day and his assistant every arvo. All good experience so far. I went with a list of questions which he answered. He does not talk heaps but will answer anything you may want to know.

He charged $3500 Payable in advance.
Anaesthetist $1200 payable in advance.
My health fund covered the rest because I had no excess either.
I am yet to submit receipts to Medicare but think I will get about $1200 back for the both of them.

So far I have lost 10 kg.

I have not found a bad word about him yet.

Good luck with what you decide.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: doctors   Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 5:12 am

Hi

There are lots of Doc Greenslades patients on this forum who I am sure will share their experience. I saw him for a second opinion before having a gastric bypass. He doesn't say much so be prepared to ask questions. I see Dr Jorrie Jordann who works at Pindarra on the Gold Coast. He is amazing and highly skilled.

Good luck - check the pre op threads as there are lists of questions to ask the surgeon

G
Back to top Go down
5M1THY
5M1THY

Male

PostSubject: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 1:41 am

I am proud to say that i will be joining you all in the sleeve world. I have my first appointment with Dr Greenslade on the 23rd October. I am extremely excited and nervous at the same time.

I have read heaps of stories on this wonderful support page and was wondering if anyone who has been sleeved by Dr Greenslade cared to share their story and dealings with him?

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade    Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Confirmed me initial appointment with Dr Greenslade
Page 1 of 1