Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Regret and nausea Empty
PostSubject: bypass also   Regret and nausea EmptySun 30 Sep 2012, 9:00 am

Hi Garfield

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so unwell. Your body has been through a major trauma and it takes time to recover and that includes emotionally as well. Everyone on this forum has a some point thought as you do so you need to understand that this is normally. I am now 9 days post surgery (bypass) and also not hungry. I am eating because I know I must - still on soups, smoothies, V8 juice and a water/juice mixture. I am finding that I need to be vigiliant in order to get in the requirements so have resorted to a routine system and sip water in between. I am also having 4 scoops of protein added to my smoothies daily and have started back on my vitamins. I have had a particularly exhausting day today - out and about and feel really fatigued.

Troy and get as much rest as you can and concentrate on keeping your fluids up. Like the others I suggest that you be reviewed by your surgeon as soon as possible. I lived with a mangled messed up sleeve for 12 months before reaching the decision to bypass and I don't regret it at all. It will all get better, just stay focussed on th end goal and be nice to yourself.

G
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Regret and nausea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret and nausea   Regret and nausea EmptySun 30 Sep 2012, 6:02 am

I Hope you feel better soon.

I dont know anything about post op bypass,maybe have a look in the bypass thread.

shelly

Regret and nausea 217555 Regret and nausea 217555
Back to top Go down
Janojet
Part of the furniture
Janojet

Female
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Regret and nausea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret and nausea   Regret and nausea EmptySun 30 Sep 2012, 4:32 am

Ooh Garfield - I am so sorry you are feeling like that.

I would definitely make an appointment to see your surgeon. Only 2 weeks out, I assume you have just officially changed to mushie foods from the fluids? Maybe keep on going with nourishing fluids to give your body a chance to heal. But even doing that, you need to see your surgeon again - tell the girls at the desk what is going on - as they will be a wall and probably not give you an early appointment.

I haven't heard anyone else feeling like this but it is early days.

Good luck and I hope you have some relief of your symptoms soon - like today!

Jane
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Regret and nausea Empty
PostSubject: Regret and nausea   Regret and nausea EmptySun 30 Sep 2012, 4:11 am

I am wondering if it gets better in time or if this is to be it.

Initially I had the sleeve but due to complications I had to change to the Bypass and over 2 wks out I hate it. I feel sick when I wake up most mornings, I struggle to get enough fluids in daily, I am tired and emotional.

I take centrum as well as anti-reflux daily and feel so nauseated when I wake up I dont want to eat or drink anything. I have been taking my anti-nausea tablets but I still feel the same. Zero hunger and the thought of food makes my stomach turn. Everything I once enjoyed is now off the menu and just a plain cruskit or soup I have no interest in yet I try to force myself to eat something.

Got no energy levels, my zest for life has gone and I am struggling to keep it together.

Does it get better in a few soon? I am really regretting this. I wish I had never let the Doctor touch me in the first place. I would rather be fat then be this way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regret and nausea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret and nausea   Regret and nausea Empty

Back to top Go down

Regret and nausea
Page 1 of 1